Unitrunker and Uniden 346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

Anyone using Unitrunker with the Uniden 346XT? According to the wiki I have my settings correct. I can also feed it to Hyperterminal with success decoding a Moto system. Any ideas why Unitrunker wont decode the data?

Note: I am using the data cable for the CC output and yes it is set to "On" in the scanner settings

Last edited:

frazpo

I can go between Trunk88 and hyperterminal with error free decoding. Unitrunker just not working. Any ideas please let me know.

WeberAE2

Premium Subscriber
Anyone using Unitrunker with the Uniden 346XT? According to the wiki I have my settings correct. I can also feed it to Hyperterminal with success decoding a Moto system. Any ideas why Unitrunker wont decode the data?

Note: I am using the data cable for the CC output and yes it is set to "On" in the scanner settings

I was having the same problem with my 346XT. After I updated UniTrunker from version 1.0.0.23 to version 1.0.24.6 I have been unable to use my 346XT to decode data from the OKWIN SmartZone Net. I double checked all my settings but everything seemed good to go. However, my 346XT still works for voice following when I decode data using my RadioShack PRO-107.

(Side Note: UniTrunker is an awesome program, I am a huge fan)

------------------------------
John
BC346XT, PRO-107, UniTrunker

frazpo

John. I will try unitrunker with a similar setup this weekend. I have a 890xlt that is tapped that should work to decode. I may have some questions concerning voice following setup. I am using it for OKWIN also.

WeberAE2

Premium Subscriber
... I may have some questions concerning voice following setup. ...

Tim, I use my PRO-107 to decode the OKWIN system and for voice following I use my 346XT. Here is a link to a Radioreference.com forum post that provides some good information for setting up two radios (one data, and one voice radio).

http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...et-up-two-scanners-voice-data-unitrunker.html

(Note: this is the forum post I used to set up my two scanners for data and voice)

---------------------------------------------
John
BC346XT, PRO-107, Unitrunker

SCPD

QRT
I ran some tests on my BCD996XT. I have no trouble getting Motorola and EDACS systems (as well as P25). I do not have a BC346XT to test directly. Could someone please post a Tuner log with the '346XT configured as an Inline receiver operating in the Signal role?

I've updated the instructions for the XT models.

BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

WeberAE2

Premium Subscriber
... I do not have a BC346XT to test directly. Could someone please post a Tuner log with the '346XT configured as an Inline receiver operating in the Signal role? ...

1) I followed the directions in the link you provided and rechecked my settings again in Unitrunker for version 1.0.24.6. (no joy)

BC346XT settings are as follows...
Inline
BC346XT
Signal
Stopped or Running (as necessary)
COM8
NONE

2) I am also having a problem... when you set the control receiver in the settings window for the BC346XT from "running" to "stopped" Unitrunker version 1.0.24.6 will stop responding on my Windows 7 PC.

PC Info...
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model FX6840
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.9 GB
Page File Space 7.99 GB

3) I was unable to create a tuner log with my BC346XT with Unitrunker version 1.0.24.6. Is there a way for me to check that the scanner is communicating with my PC?

4) I have no problems with my PRO-107.

5) BC346XT works in Voice mode with no problems on Unitrunker version 1.0.24.6.

6) I tried to use a different cable. (no joy)

7) I uninstalled Unitrunker version 1.0.24.6 and reinstalled version 1.0.0.23. My BC346XT works in both inline signal and inline voice again (problem solved).

8) I can create Tuner Log files for the BC346XT in Unitrunker version 1.0.0.23.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I tried to provide as much information as I could. Would you still like the BC346XT Tuner Log from version 1.0.0.23?

--------------------------------------
Very Respectfully,
John
BC346XT, PRO-107, Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.