New DSD Windows Build 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Hi folks,

My latest windows build of DSD with the following changes can be downloaded here:-

dsd1.6 - Minus

Alternate Download Site

Fixes:-
1. Golay 23,12 syndrome table corrected with missing entries 1889 to 2048.
2. Changed the crazy dibit buffer which filled for ever until it ran out of allocated memory then caused a segmentation error. The buffer is now allowed to fill to 90% before being returned to the initial pointer value where it over writes the old samples, it seems to work ok and no segmentation errors now.
3. Input level is now calculated differently, before when it reported 50% the soundcard would be fully overloaded. With the new method aim for 30% inlvl

New features:-
1. Auto mutes P25 encrypted signals by default, run with option -pu to unmute if you want the r2d2 sounds.
2. Raised cosine filters can be disabled by running with option -l that's a lowecase L. Only useful if you want to see the difference the filters make.

Any issues, let me know, enjoy!

PS If someone has a provoice sample, 16 bit 48kHz, ideally a bit on the weak side, I'll add a filter for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi folks,

My latest windows build of DSD with the following changes can be downloaded here:-

dsd1.6 - Minus

Fixes:-
1. Golay 23,12 syndrome table corrected with missing entries 1889 to 2048.
2. Changed the crazy dibit buffer which filled for ever until it ran out of allocated memory then caused a segmentation error. The buffer is now allowed to fill to 90% before being returned to the initial pointer value where it over writes the old samples, it seems to work ok and no segmentation errors now.

Awesome. I'll give it a try tomorrow on some local systems.

Thank you very much!

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Thanks WP.

For fix #2, you can reset the dibit buffer after each packet.

Consider replacing string operations (strcmp, atoi) with bit shifts.

For ProVoice, a five tap RC filter with a 5760 Hz cutoff will work wonders.

Muting PV encryption would be nice too.

It's hard to detect clipping since many sound inputs use diode protection which limits input voltage range just inside the A/D full 16 bit range.

bigbud42010

I'm running it right now work's great on Ohio MARCS almost sound's like my old pro-96. I use DSD to decode PROVOICE so i wondered how i would open it up to decode it so i drug the dsd 1.6 file over to my homemade PROVOICE batch file and boom decoding PROVOICE with DSD 1.6 sound's good. My output on PROVOICE has alway's sounded good!

slicerwizard

Changed the crazy dibit buffer which filled for ever until it ran out of allocated memory then caused a segmentation error. The buffer is now allowed to fill to 90% before being returned to the initial pointer value where it over writes the old samples, it seems to work ok and no segmentation errors now.
You're welcome.

For fix #2, you can reset the dibit buffer after each packet.
No, you can't. The buffer holds the first half of the "next" DMR frame - e.g. CACH plus voice data. DMR and X2-TDMA decoding depend on the buffer pointer not being dicked with.

n4yek

Works great, thanks for that fix.

n4yek

I am not a programmer, just a curious question on DMR decoding, can the 'slot idle' information be filtered out?
That way you don't have it constantly streaming down the screen but just show the data and voice information.
I know there are no "options" in the DSD software, was just wondering if it could be written inside of the DSD program to do this?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
No, you can't. The buffer holds the first half of the "next" DMR frame - e.g. CACH plus voice data. DMR and X2-TDMA decoding depend on the buffer pointer not being dicked with.
Notice I said packet, not frame sync. That buffer is waaaay bigger than needed.

ilgrant

Many of us are still using the Linux Boxes for DSD. Is the code for the Linux boxes also there?

Thanks!

Last edited:

racingfan360

I'd also love to update my linux version of DSD with these excellent mods from Woodpecker & co ....any chance of releasing the updated c code? Pleeeeeeaasse?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does this version include the DMR filters implemented in some of the previous release updates to DSD? (i.e DMRFilter)

As far as Windows binaries go, the only ones I"m aware of are:

Digital Speecher Decoder 1.4.1 (dsd-1.4.1 / mbelib-1.2.3 source) -- The last DSD code from dsdauthor

Binome used Cygwin to compile this on Windows and provide everyone with a Windows exe. I think it was at this point where use of DSD skyrocketed exponentially.

When Binome made that available, he wrote a nice post giving instructions for anyone else wishing to compile a binary for Windows. Prior to that, the clueless among us [me included I suppose] just figured DSD was inextricably bound to *nix. -- http://forums.radioreference.com/1656362-post6.html

DSD 1.5.1 beta with Auto P25 & DMR Filter (first from Woodpecker - binary only)
DSD 1.6.0 beta with Auto P25 & DMR Filter (latest from Woodpecker - binary only)

I'm unsure what 'DMRFilter" is -- unless somebody coined Woody's 1.5.1 as "DMRFilter".

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Mike's comments remind me; binome's instructions describe how to compile DSD under cygwin. Cygwin handles all posix / unix compatibility issues. The so-called Windows port of DSD isn't a port of the DSD code. It IS the DSD code. A port implies the code was somehow changed for Windows. It wasn't - at least not until woody stepped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.