Unitrunker SID

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I noticed that this system has an emission designator of 14K0F9W.

F9W may indicate that that EDACS system may have been upgraded to Harris OpenSky which cannot be monitored by any scanner, past or future.

SCPD

QRT

SCPD

QRT
Dave - before downloading the system, place your PSR500 in Tune mode and try to find the active control channel. The radio will display the control channel LCN and site number if it is in fact an EDACS system.

N8OAY

Dave - before downloading the system, place your PSR500 in Tune mode and try to find the active control channel. The radio will display the control channel LCN and site number if it is in fact an EDACS system.

With the PSR in Analyze mode on the control channel, the bottom line of the display shows 99% C01 S:01 Hsa

N8OAY

There isn't enough information in an EDACS control channel to uniquely identify a system. The program needs your help. Radio Reference assigns each system a unique ID called a SID. This is strictly a database artifact; not a piece of control channel data.

The system page for the link you provided is here:

Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority Trunking System, Huntsville, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies

The SID is the number at the end of the URL. In this case, it's 280.

Would it be possible for someone to update the Unitrunker Wiki with this info about the SID and maybe add the SID for EDACS systems to info on the trunk system pages? I had gone to this page Huntsville Airport Site Details (Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority) and saw the line "Site Unique DB ID: 297" and used that number but got a system for Allen County. I am guessing I am probably not the only one to have made that incorrect assumption for the Unitrunker SID.

N8OAY

Possibly I did not make a mistake when I tried to download HMCAA system into Unitrunker assuming that "Site Unique DB ID: 297" was the SID info that I needed. I am currently running Pro96Com on the Huntsville Simulcast Site Details (Alabama Regional Communications System (ARCS) 1) While looking at recently updated info on the RadioReference system page, I noticed that the "Site Unique DB ID: 19859" line for that system matches the number at the end of the URL. Is there an error in the listening for the HMCAA system listing it as "Site Unique DB ID: 297" instead of 280? I looked at a few other trunk systems in the Huntsville/Madison County AL area and see that the Site Unique DB ID matches the number at the end of the URL for each one I looked at except for the HMCAA system.

SCPD

QRT
You want the system level ID, not a site specific ID. The link I posted above is for the system level page. You want the number at the end of *that* URL.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
... maybe add the SID for EDACS systems to info on the trunk system pages? ...
Are you asking for the RR DB to show the SID? If so what do you think this part of the URL is: ...db/?sid=280

What you were looking at is a site, that is not a system and the URL clearly says: ...db/?siteId=297

If you were asking Rick to include it in the Unitrunker system page, well, you have to supply it to begin with so...

SCPD

QRT
The program needs to query the DB for candidates that match the system. Something I haven't gotten around to doing. Meanwhile we're stuck manually retrieving the SID.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The program needs to query the DB for candidates that match the system. Something I haven't gotten around to doing. Meanwhile we're stuck manually retrieving the SID.
Rick,
Not to take this too off topic, but since EDACS systems do not announce a system ID, and the site IDs we have in the DB are confused because of duplicates, even within a single system, how would you go about that?

SCPD

QRT
There's a query for system type and frequency on the main RR DB page. I'd mimic that. User would pick from a list of matches (and hopefully make a submission if nothing matches).

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm running the latest version of Unitrunker on Windows 7. I can't SID 1006 to download, but 2960 and 965 will. Any ideas?

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Hi Tim;

Here's what I got after creating a new blank EDACS system and setting the SID to 1006 which should match this system.

Attachments

• EDACS964E46.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 110

mrhandd

Looking for a unitrunker 800mhz trunking expert? I have it installed believe the latest version from 2015.
Every time I try to download system Id: 470f for Motorola It comes up with the wrong system any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.