RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 3:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Unitrunker SID

I am trying to run Unitrunker with a PSR-500 on Huntsville Airport Site Details (Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority) but getting no activity. I tried to download the system from RadioReference and it asks me to enter a "SID". What is that and where do I find the information? I am a rookie with Unitrunker...this is my first use of the program. I have no problems downloading data with Win500 or Win96.

PSR-500, PRO-96, BC780XLT, PRO-2067, PRO-2006/OptoScan 456, FT-7900, VX5R, VX150
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2012, 4:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I noticed that this system has an emission designator of 14K0F9W.

F9W may indicate that that EDACS system may have been upgraded to Harris OpenSky which cannot be monitored by any scanner, past or future.
Old 09-09-2012, 4:08 AM
Seņor Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

There isn't enough information in an EDACS control channel to uniquely identify a system. The program needs your help. Radio Reference assigns each system a unique ID called a SID. This is strictly a database artifact; not a piece of control channel data.

The system page for the link you provided is here:

Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority Trunking System, Huntsville, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies

The SID is the number at the end of the URL. In this case, it's 280.
Old 09-09-2012, 4:13 AM
Seņor Member
Database Admin

Dave - before downloading the system, place your PSR500 in Tune mode and try to find the active control channel. The radio will display the control channel LCN and site number if it is in fact an EDACS system.
Old 09-09-2012, 5:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitrunker View Post
Dave - before downloading the system, place your PSR500 in Tune mode and try to find the active control channel. The radio will display the control channel LCN and site number if it is in fact an EDACS system.
With the PSR in Analyze mode on the control channel, the bottom line of the display shows 99% C01 S:01 Hsa

PSR-500, PRO-96, BC780XLT, PRO-2067, PRO-2006/OptoScan 456, FT-7900, VX5R, VX150
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2012, 5:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
There isn't enough information in an EDACS control channel to uniquely identify a system. The program needs your help. Radio Reference assigns each system a unique ID called a SID. This is strictly a database artifact; not a piece of control channel data.

The system page for the link you provided is here:

Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority Trunking System, Huntsville, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies

The SID is the number at the end of the URL. In this case, it's 280.
Would it be possible for someone to update the Unitrunker Wiki with this info about the SID and maybe add the SID for EDACS systems to info on the trunk system pages? I had gone to this page Huntsville Airport Site Details (Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority) and saw the line "Site Unique DB ID: 297" and used that number but got a system for Allen County. I am guessing I am probably not the only one to have made that incorrect assumption for the Unitrunker SID.

Old 09-09-2012, 6:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Possibly I did not make a mistake when I tried to download HMCAA system into Unitrunker assuming that "Site Unique DB ID: 297" was the SID info that I needed. I am currently running Pro96Com on the Huntsville Simulcast Site Details (Alabama Regional Communications System (ARCS) 1) While looking at recently updated info on the RadioReference system page, I noticed that the "Site Unique DB ID: 19859" line for that system matches the number at the end of the URL. Is there an error in the listening for the HMCAA system listing it as "Site Unique DB ID: 297" instead of 280? I looked at a few other trunk systems in the Huntsville/Madison County AL area and see that the Site Unique DB ID matches the number at the end of the URL for each one I looked at except for the HMCAA system.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Seņor Member
Database Admin

You want the system level ID, not a site specific ID. The link I posted above is for the system level page. You want the number at the end of *that* URL.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Silent Key - Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8OAY View Post
... maybe add the SID for EDACS systems to info on the trunk system pages? ...
Are you asking for the RR DB to show the SID? If so what do you think this part of the URL is: ...db/?sid=280

What you were looking at is a site, that is not a system and the URL clearly says: ...db/?siteId=297

If you were asking Rick to include it in the Unitrunker system page, well, you have to supply it to begin with so...
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Seņor Member
Database Admin

The program needs to query the DB for candidates that match the system. Something I haven't gotten around to doing. Meanwhile we're stuck manually retrieving the SID.

Last edited by Unitrunker; 09-10-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Silent Key - Aug 2014

Quote:
The program needs to query the DB for candidates that match the system. Something I haven't gotten around to doing. Meanwhile we're stuck manually retrieving the SID.
Rick,
Not to take this too off topic, but since EDACS systems do not announce a system ID, and the site IDs we have in the DB are confused because of duplicates, even within a single system, how would you go about that?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Seņor Member
Database Admin

There's a query for system type and frequency on the main RR DB page. I'd mimic that. User would pick from a list of matches (and hopefully make a submission if nothing matches).
Old 09-18-2012, 4:09 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm running the latest version of Unitrunker on Windows 7. I can't SID 1006 to download, but 2960 and 965 will. Any ideas?

Tim
Old 09-18-2012, 7:40 PM
Seņor Member
Database Admin

Hi Tim;

Here's what I got after creating a new blank EDACS system and setting the SID to 1006 which should match this system.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EDACS964E46.zip (8.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-05-2017, 12:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Looking for a unitrunker 800mhz trunking expert? I have it installed believe the latest version from 2015.
Every time I try to download system Id: 470f for Motorola It comes up with the wrong system any idea why?