Unitrunker CAT Command Additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
The free v2 sdr-radio software has the ability to have 6 VFO's on a single SDR device such as a dongle. It also has the ability to control those VFO's using CAT Commands over Serial. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add this CAT control to Unitrunker? The protocol is documented in a PDF after installing SDR-radio. I was thinking perhaps in Unitrunker, there being 6 CAT entries for sdr-radio, one for each VFO. This way the end user could choose which VFO they want as the control channel. Otherwise, I will have to choose a random radio, create 4 virtual com ports and write a translation program to fake out sdr-radio and unitrunker.

Thanks

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
So out of curiosity - as a proof of concept I made a little VBScript to translate CAT commands and it works on a single SDR Dongle.

I made 4 virtual COM ports using 2 pairs using Virtual Serial Port Emulator Software

COM40 is SDR-RADIO v2.1 an it's logically connected to
COM41. COM41 talks to the script

COM43 is connected to Unitrunker. Unitrunker is configured as AR-ONE (just because it's an easy protocol)
COM43 is logically connected to the script.

Then I'm just translating:

Unitrunker send "VF"
I Send FR5; instead for VFO-F on SDR-Radio 2.1

Unitrunker sends "RFxxxxxxx"
I send the SDR-RADIO's equivalent and so on.

So basically: If all the frequencies in the Trunked System you're monitoring is under 2.5MHz you can monitoring it all on one dongle.

Simply Setup VFO-A on SDR-Radio to the Signal Channel and pipe the audio using Virtual Audio Cable into Unitrunker.

Then use VFO-F as the Voice Channel. All on the same dongle. It'll be nice when support is added directly so we don't have to make the extra com ports. Thanks for the great software.

galaxie67w

I found this thread right after I made VB program to do the same thing. There is a program called UniLinker that does this but only for VFO A. Now I can control the multiple VFOs available in SDR-Radio. A single RTL can now follow more than one conversation simultaneously, and it works with digital with the recent release of DSD+.

Looking forward to the addition of this functionality to Unitrunker.

Here's my program with no guarantees: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3225724/SerialCom.exe
Here's the feed running this setup Randolph County Sheriff and Fire, Montgomery County Sheriff

-KJ4SPG Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.