RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2015, 5:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It's interesting to see UDP/IP traffic on the CNYICC P25-1 network ...

Code:
17:43:11.734 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:0203BF SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:10.10.185.254:193 TO:10.171.193.238:108 DATA:0002BF08  CRC[*****] PACKET #3.C
17:43:15.774 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:033072 ACCEPT  SNDCP PACKET DATA ACTIVATE IPV4 DYNAMIC 10.171.192.213 NSAPI:1 MTU:1500 BYTES CRC[**f*] PACKET #1.C 
17:43:17.124 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:033072 SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:10.10.185.254:193 TO:10.171.192.213:108 DATA:0002BF08  CRC[*****] PACKET #2.C
17:43:21.523 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:0DA4EE SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:192.168.19.204:193 TO:10.172.192.178:108 DATA:0002BF01  CRC[*****] PACKET #2.C
17:43:30.725 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:0DA4EE SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:192.168.19.204:0 TO:10.172.192.178:231 DATA:4D434750 01FAAD08 002A0000 00000600 04000000 00000000 00000007 00000000 00EB CRC[***f***] PACKET #3.C
17:43:34.924 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:0DA4EE SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:192.168.19.204:0 TO:10.172.192.178:231 DATA:4D434750 01FAAD08 002A0000 00000600 04000000 00000000 00000007 00000000 00EB CRC[***f***] PACKET #3.C
17:43:35.722 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:0DA4EE SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:192.168.19.204:0 TO:10.172.192.178:231 DATA:4D434750 00FAAD08 002B0000 00000202 02020000 00000000 E2 CRC[***f**] PACKET #4.C
17:51:21.624 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:03A59C ACCEPT  SNDCP PACKET DATA ACTIVATE IPV4 DYNAMIC 10.171.192.54 NSAPI:1 MTU:1500 BYTES CRC[**f*] PACKET #1.C 
17:51:23.123 DEBUG - NAC:2A0 PDUC LLID:03A59C SNDCP NSAPI:1 UDP/IP FM:10.10.185.254:193 TO:10.171.192.54:108 DATA:0002BF08  CRC[*****] PACKET #2.C

Last edited by DSheirer; 02-16-2015 at 5:17 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2015, 6:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Denny,
you are amazing what you are doing. Will i be able to scan a trunking system or will be need to click on the frequency that is highlighted? Also, how about the high CPU and memory usage issues, have those been solved?

vince48
Old 02-16-2015, 7:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
Denny,
you are amazing what you are doing. Will i be able to scan a trunking system or will be need to click on the frequency that is highlighted? vince48
Eventually, you'll be able to park on a control channel and it will automatically create traffic channels for you to monitor, as they are allocated for calls. For now, you'll have to run the decoder against each channel that you want to monitor.

Quote:
how about the high CPU and memory usage issues, have those been solved?
I haven't done any more work on optimizing for running multiple channels against HackRF at 20 MSPS simultaneous with an RTL dongle. I have a new AirSpy that's been collecting dust for a month now and hope to write a driver for it after I finish the P25 decoder. I have a few more things I can optimize for handling high-data rate tuners like HackRF and AirSpy that I'll work on.

Denny
Old 02-16-2015, 9:56 PM

Talking

Fantastic
Old 02-17-2015, 7:38 AM

Hi Denny

I just pulled from the latest svn and compiled on my linux machine. The LSM/CQPSK demod is working quite nicely here using an RTL device. This is friggin outstanding, well done sir.

I'm using a relatively low sample rate(288k), and CPU is reasonable for a dual core.

Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this app:

Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2015, 7:48 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoIntegra View Post
Hi Denny

I just pulled from the latest svn and compiled on my linux machine. The LSM/CQPSK demod is working quite nicely here using an RTL device. This is friggin outstanding, well done sir.

I'm using a relatively low sample rate(288k), and CPU is reasonable for a dual core.

Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this app:

I'm glad that it's working for you! Thanks for the feedback.

Denny
Old 02-17-2015, 9:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Also see the sample Trunker/Etrunker code at the bottom of:

Trunked Radio Decoders - The RadioReference Wiki

Old 02-17-2015, 9:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hi Denny,

I'm really excited about the addition of LSM pi/4 DQPSK!

I hope the long term goal is to keep adding protocols like all of the DMR and NXDN conventional and trunking flavors. I know EDACS is not on the radar now but it would be nice to add it with extended addressing/ESK/Provoice decoding trunk following for Florida!

I have some code that I can send to you on some of the work I did on Passport and Multinet in the past.

Would be great to see this as a do it all solution, in time of course.

thanks!
Old 02-17-2015, 9:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Also it would be nice to see support for a more robust SDR than the direct conversion dongle types that are prone to intermod and images! I am sick of the performance of my Airspy and USRP B200 with trying to pull in weak systems with the awesome OP25 and getting pummeled by a local 700/800 MHz site that my antenna has to look through!

I don't know the best solution but the SDR has to have a triple conversion front end that outputs I&Q with great specs.
Old 02-18-2015, 6:08 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardani View Post
Hi Denny,

I'm really excited about the addition of LSM pi/4 DQPSK!

I hope the long term goal is to keep adding protocols like all of the DMR and NXDN conventional and trunking flavors. I know EDACS is not on the radar now but it would be nice to add it with extended addressing/ESK/Provoice decoding trunk following for Florida!

I have some code that I can send to you on some of the work I did on Passport and Multinet in the past.

Would be great to see this as a do it all solution, in time of course.

thanks!
Yes, I'm planning to add DMR and NXDN after I figure out a good solution for the mbe audio codec issue.

And yes, please send the Passport and MultiNet code. I pieced together a passport decoder from the info I found on radio reference and some other websites. They took the local Oswego county Multi-Net system offline before I had a chance to do anything with it. I'm not sure how many Multi-Net systems are still active.
Old 02-18-2015, 8:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hi Denny,

That's correct there's not many Multi-net systems out there. The only one in my area is Chester County PA.
Although I don't have the error check routine completed Eric C. should have that. I do have the Passport error check complete. There are a few inverted Passport systems in the Philly Metro area including Adler communications and the NJ Turnpike Authority operations & maintenance. The latter is extremely sought after in NJ since it gives excellent winter weather info when it snows.

I'll get together what I have and send it to you. Please PM me with your email.

thanks,
Joe
Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSheirer View Post
Eventually, you'll be able to park on a control channel and it will automatically create traffic channels for you to monitor, as they are allocated for calls. For now, you'll have to run the decoder against each channel that you want to monitor.

I haven't done any more work on optimizing for running multiple channels against HackRF at 20 MSPS simultaneous with an RTL dongle. I have a new AirSpy that's been collecting dust for a month now and hope to write a driver for it after I finish the P25 decoder. I have a few more things I can optimize for handling high-data rate tuners like HackRF and AirSpy that I'll work on.

Denny
Denny,
will you be supporting Airspy? I know you support HackRf, but it's usefulness is ... somewhat limited. Airspy is a better choice IMHO.

vince48
Old 02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Let me know and I can add a build/compile instructions page to the wiki.
Denny,

I, for one, would appreciate it if you would do that.

Thanks!

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 02-18-2015, 2:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Denny,

Same. Also - I was confused - the download includes a bunch of '.class' files - where is the associated source code?

Max
Old 02-18-2015, 4:11 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1RBI View Post
Same. Also - I was confused - the download includes a bunch of '.class' files - where is the associated source code?

Max
https://code.google.com/p/sdrtrunk/source/checkout

Code:
 # Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://sdrtrunk.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sdrtrunk-read-only
M
Old 02-19-2015, 8:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Denny,
will you be supporting Airspy? I know you support HackRf, but it's usefulness is ... somewhat limited. Airspy is a better choice IMHO.

vince48
Yes. I have an airspy sitting patiently on my desk right next to an Ettus B100 and an FC0013 ... and all 3 need sdrtrunk drivers. I'll probably add airspy support after I get the P25 decoder mostly finished.
Old 02-19-2015, 8:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Denny,

Thanks!

Mike
I added a quick wiki page with instructions on how to build the application. There's really only 2 steps: 1) download/checkout the code and 2) use apache ant to run the build script.

https://code.google.com/p/sdrtrunk/wiki/Building

I use Eclipse and there is an eclipse project file included in the repository, if you're interested in tinkering with the code.

Denny
Old 02-19-2015, 9:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Yes. I have an airspy sitting patiently on my desk right next to an Ettus B100 and an FC0013 ... and all 3 need sdrtrunk drivers. I'll probably add airspy support after I get the P25 decoder mostly finished.
Thank you my friend, Denny you are doing a great job. Thank you for your contribution. Stay warm my friend.

Vince48
Old 02-19-2015, 10:46 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I added a quick wiki page with instructions on how to build the application. There's really only 2 steps: 1) download/checkout the code and 2) use apache ant to run the build script.

https://code.google.com/p/sdrtrunk/wiki/Building

I use Eclipse and there is an eclipse project file included in the repository, if you're interested in tinkering with the code.

Denny
Thank you very much. Earlier today I had say the build.xml and I installed Ant on my CentOS box and attempted to build it.

Got a lot of errors when it came to R820TTunerConfigurationPanel.java, E4KTunerConfigurationPanel.java, and HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java compilation. All errors were similar to this:

Code:
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:252: illegal start of type
    [javac]         mComboSampleRate = new JComboBox<>( HackRFSampleRate.values() );
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:500: <identifier> expected
    [javac]         catch ( UsbException | SourceException e1 )
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:500: '{' expected
    [javac]                               ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:500: not a statement
    [javac]                                                ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:500: ';' expected
    [javac]                                                  ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:518: illegal start of expression
    [javac]     private ComboBoxModel<HackRFTunerConfiguration> getModel()
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:518: ';' expected
    [javac]     private ComboBoxModel<HackRFTunerConfiguration> getModel()
    [javac]                                                             ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:538: illegal start of expression
    [javac]     private HackRFTunerConfiguration getNamedConfiguration( String name )
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:538: ';' expected
    [javac]     private HackRFTunerConfiguration getNamedConfiguration( String name )
    [javac]                                                           ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:538: ';' expected
    [javac]                                                                        ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:558: illegal start of expression
    [javac]     private void save()
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:558: illegal start of expression
    [javac]             ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:558: ';' expected
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac] /root/sdrtrunk/sdrtrunk-read-only/src/source/tuner/hackrf/HackRFTunerConfigurationPanel.java:562: reached end of file while parsing
    [javac] }
I gave up at that point. Figured I'd troubleshoot later. I'm going to troubleshoot here shortly. Seems like only a problem with those three files thus far.

I didn't try it on Windows and likely won't. Too much stuff to install/clutter my windows just for playing around.

Great program. I'm excited about the things you have coming up. [To me] you appeared out of nowhere, and I appreciate you working on such a cool app.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 02-20-2015, 5:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Mike,

I forgot to mention in the build instructions ... do you have the Java JDK version 1.7 or higher installed and the create a JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to that installation?

Did you setup ANT and create an ANT_HOME environment variable pointing to the ant installation?

Instructions for setting up ant: Apache Ant™ User Manual (Installation link)

A successful build on linux should look similar to this:

Code:
denny@denny-kubuntu:~/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/build$ dir
build.properties  build.xml
denny@denny-kubuntu:~/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/build$ ant
Buildfile: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/build/build.xml

clean:

init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/classes

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 787 source files to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/classes
    [javac] Note: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/src/controller/activity/MessageActivityPanel.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

SDRTrunk:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product
      [jar] Building jar: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/SDRTrunk.jar
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/libs
     [copy] Copying 21 files to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/libs
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/config
     [copy] Copying 3 files to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/config
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/images
     [copy] Copying 35 files to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/images
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product
     [copy] Copying 2 files to /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product
      [zip] Building zip: /home/denny/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/product/sdrtrunk_20150220_0613.zip

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 8 seconds
denny@denny-kubuntu:~/temp_kde_svn_test/trunk/build$