RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2015, 6:18 AM

Not sure why you get permission denied if you own files and have them executable (maybe driver issue?)
as for the ./receiver1 1 thing the last 1 is a option for ex if you have a 2channel setup you would do ./receiver1 1 and then ./receiver1 2 and so forth.
What Linux you running?
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2015, 7:32 AM

This is my thoughts exactly and it's Debian 32bit on VMware
Old 01-03-2016, 5:34 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

maybe you're running this on a filesystem mounted noexec (such as a fat filesystem mounted with noexec).

my suggestion: it must be some simple error, get someone who has some basic understanding of linux (ie. can do something more than click icons) and show them the pdf documentation (please, no silly install scripts), he/she will solve your issue quickly
Old 01-05-2016, 2:53 PM

Hello, I would like to install the tetra telive on my notebook
Compaq Presario CQ61 with Pentium R Dual Core T4300 2,10GHz / 4GB of ram
Stand-alone installation without virtual machine
Which version of Linux you recommend?
Thank you very much, forgive my english but I'm italian
Old 01-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytetra View Post
Hello, I would like to install the tetra telive on my notebook
Compaq Presario CQ61 with Pentium R Dual Core T4300 2,10GHz / 4GB of ram
Stand-alone installation without virtual machine
Which version of Linux you recommend?
Thank you very much, forgive my english but I'm italian
I have started to use Debian for all my Linux installs as light as you want it or as heavy as you want it and the install script works
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2016, 5:27 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxsolutions View Post
Make sure you also made it executable (tiny tick in user rights tab).
Also while somemight frown on upon starting it like the way im gonna show you here it goes
Make textfile named runtelive on desktop put the following in it.
------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
cd /(yourusername)/tetra/telive
/usr/bin/xterm -font fixed -bg black -fg white -geometry 203x60&
cd /(yourusername)/tetra/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src
./receiver1 1&
cd /tetra/bin/
./tetrad&
gnuradio-companion
----------------------------------------------------
also make this text file executable in many Linuxes you then just double click and choose run in terminal(other wise open terminal and navigate to the file and do ./runtelive)
This should then startup everything once the xterm window pops up type in it ./rxx
and in gnuradio choose the telive_1ch_simple_gr37.grc
I have made this command file that I always run. Then I do not have to enter ./rxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mate-terminal --title="RECEIVER1" -e "bash -c \"cd ~/tetra/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src; while true; do ./receiver1 1; done; exec bash\""

mate-terminal --title="TELIVE" -e "bash -c \"/usr/bin/xterm -hold -font fixed -bg black -fg white -geometry 203x60 -e ./starttelive.txt; exec bash\" "

mate-terminal --title="TETRAD" -e "bash -c \"cd /tetra/bin;./tetrad; exec bash\""

mate-terminal --title="GNU COM" -e "bash -c \"gnuradio-companion; exec bash\""

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then another file I called starttelive.txt
-----------------------------------------------
cd tetra/telive
./rxx
-----------------------------------------------
Both have to been executable...
The starttelive.txt i use for all my script.It is easy to add more RECEIVERS.
And then I can se header on every terminal that is startet.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

any ideas on how to resize the FFT + full spectrum window so it fits to the screen of an old laptop. The height is just 800px, so I can't reach (see) any of the controls in the window. Is there any way to add a slider to this window or similar
tnx!

Last edited by kkomarica; 01-10-2016 at 12:58 PM..
Old 01-10-2016, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkomarica View Post
any ideas on how to resize the FFT + full spectrum window so it fits to the screen of an old laptop. The height is just 800px, so I can't reach (see) any of the controls in the window. Is there any way to add a slider to this window or similar
tnx!
If the laptop is that old i doubt it even decode properly (1.6Ghz single core with reduced sample rate)
Old 01-10-2016, 3:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxsolutions View Post
If the laptop is that old i doubt it even decode properly (1.6Ghz single core with reduced sample rate)
It's a 2,16 ghz dual core ... decoding works ok ... surprisingly!
But the display is 1280x800 and the gnu radio window is too big
Old 01-10-2016, 3:37 PM

Quote:
It's a 2,16 ghz dual core ... decoding works ok ... surprisingly!
But the display is 1280x800 and the gnu radio window is too big
If it plays ignore it that should handle 4ch at leastno need to look fancy pancy aslong it works
Old 01-13-2016, 4:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
tnx!
can someone please help with this problem above ... any ideas on how to rearrange the gnu radio fft window so that it would fit in 800px height? ... or how to add a simple vertical slider so I can see the bottom of the window.
i will be in a new location so that the wide spectrum window is a must have to ID tetra signals

thnaks a lot!
Old 01-14-2016, 2:38 PM

Good evening all,

I'm listening to a lot of different networks. For the different networks I made some ssi files to prevent problems with dublicate ssi's.
Now my question, is there a way of starting rxx with the different ssi files (without editing rxx itself).

ET
Old 01-17-2016, 7:15 AM

After some searching through the rxx file and the documentation I found the variables to set the options in Telive.
But now I have a strange thing happening.
I can set the options (for example logging or recording), but when I change the descriptions file the ssi's in Telive disapear. I only see OK play with the SSI's whitch are not in the discriptions file, all the ssi's whitch are in the file don't show (no description and also no ssi number, just a blank line).

I made a new descriptions file with just a small number of ssi's in it to test (the Original file was 1200 lines) but still blank lines in Telive

What do I do wrong ?

ET
Old 01-18-2016, 7:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
can someone please help with this problem above ... any ideas on how to rearrange the gnu radio fft window so that it would fit in 800px height? ... or how to add a simple vertical slider so I can see the bottom of the window.
i will be in a new location so that the wide spectrum window is a must have to ID tetra signals

thnaks a lot!
I found the solution by scaling the linux desktop ... here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...9/comments/121
Old 01-22-2016, 9:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-NL View Post
I made a new descriptions file with just a small number of ssi's in it to test (the Original file was 1200 lines) but still blank lines in Telive
you probably have something which doesn't conform o the ssi_descriptions file layout.

it should be:
SSI_NUMBER description

no comments, no blank lines (also at the end of file), there has to be exactly one space between the ssi and the description. also if you have prepared it under another operating system, then please only UNIX line endings (each line must end in \n, and not \r\n like in DOS)

i'd do:
cat -vet /path/to/ssi_descriptions_file |less
and look at it, compare it with a working version etc
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 AM

Thanks for rhe reply.
The problem was tabs between the ssi and the descriptions. Replaced them all by tabs and nows it's working flawless. The descriptions where copied from a mail to a txt file in Windows then moved to Linux.

One question is it posible to allign all the descriptions to the left. Now its alligned to the right, and not all descriptions are the same length. It works but it looks a little bit messy.

Regards,

ET
Old 01-28-2016, 12:37 AM

Using telive works perfect ! but missing some features.

Beter GISSI / ISSI display, to detect GISSI's from ISSI's
Use desctiptions file for known MNC's
Current GISSI / ISSI in use ( to make external display or view possible )

Is there any news about the new version ?
Old 01-29-2016, 2:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Or make use of the beauty of open source applications and start some own experiments, it's fun and quite easy even with just fundamental programming skills.

On top of my wishlist is to correct the bug causing the decoding to sometimes get out of sync and never get back on track unless the application is restarted. I gave that an attempt some months ago, but didn't have time to really understand what happens.
Old 01-29-2016, 7:14 AM

Yes that is a very annoying bug
Old 01-30-2016, 10:09 AM

only bugs that bother me is SDS parsing bug (he is aware of) and that telive gets utterly confused sometimes when several channels transmit the same call and even mixes encrypted with non encrypted or stutters or just sounds hilariuos.

Tags
tetra decode