RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 2:00 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by itundret View Post
Does someone now how to record the data from a basestation and feed the Telive later?
record the data to a file:

if you have a lot of disk space make a simple flowgraph with an osmocom source and a file sink. this will record the whole dongle bandwidth. a good rate to record is 1MHz

if you don't want the whole bandwidth, then tm /tmp/fifo*, take one of the flowgraphs that uses pipes ad run it. you will get files /tmp/fifoXXX

to play them back:

in case of the whole spectrum file: take a receiver flowgraph and instead of the osmocom source use a file source and a throttle block set to the rate that you've recorded the file with

in case of a single channel make a simple flowgraph with a file source, throttle block for 36samples/s and the desired sink (ether udp or sile sink to a pipe)

btw this is one of the reasons this software is so modular (and not in one application), you can easily modify blocks to suit your needs. and with gnuradio-companion you don't even need to know programming
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2016, 5:08 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5bpf View Post
if you don't want the whole bandwidth, then tm /tmp/fifo*
this should of course be rm /tmp/fifo*

sorry but i can't edit my previous post
Old 03-20-2016, 12:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

new version of osmo-tetra-sq5bpf and telive v1.8 is out, please update both

osmo-tetra-sq5bpf has support for parsing D-CONNECT and D-TX COMPLETE messages

telive 1.8 tries harder to find SSIs from various messages. it will display the call identifier and [receiver] on the right of the usage identifier. there are also some fixes.

the output files are now called traffic_DATE_TIME_idxIII_callidCCC_SSI1_SSI2_SSI3. ogg

where III is the usage identifier, and CCC is the callid

please try it and report if you see a better list of the SSI numbers connected with the calls.
Old 03-20-2016, 5:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
new version of osmo-tetra-sq5bpf and telive v1.8 is out, please update both

osmo-tetra-sq5bpf has support for parsing D-CONNECT and D-TX COMPLETE messages
Interesting update, but I get the same problem on two machines I've tested.

I could download and compile everything fine, but telive crashes on the first received audit, even if audio is muted (segmentation fault). I've tried to switch back to version 1.7 and that works fine, switching back to 1.8 gives same fault. I even tried to move all compiled files to the working 1.7 folder, with the same crash as result.

One machine was recently installed with version 1.7 by using the script. The other machine was older an manually installed.

I tried various things, but I'm out of ideas... so before I chase this further, I'll see if someone else report the same problem
Old 03-20-2016, 5:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0vec View Post
I could download and compile everything fine, but telive crashes on the first received audit, even if audio is muted (segmentation fault).
please see the documentation on how to send me a bug report (gdb telive core ; bt ; and send me the results)
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2016, 2:25 AM

Great update,

It looks like the receiver number after the call identifier is not working properly.
I monitor a 6 carrier system, and see in the "green" status windows the D-Connects from the 6 receivers RX:1 to RX:6 but the RX number after the new call identifier stays always [1]
Old 03-21-2016, 2:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by passie101 View Post
It looks like the receiver number after the call identifier is not working properly.
I monitor a 6 carrier system, and see in the "green" status windows the D-Connects from the 6 receivers RX:1 to RX:6 but the RX number after the new call identifier stays always [1]
thanks, i will look into it. it is the same here, and also some of the callid data does not time out and stays on the screen. this will be fixed in the next version
Old 03-21-2016, 6:23 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0vec View Post
telive crashes on the first received audit, even if audio is muted (segmentation fault).
thanks for the bug report. i added a small change which will hopefully fix the crash. please tell me if it solves the problem

i didn't get the crash on my system, but the fixed code is obviously bad.
Old 03-21-2016, 8:05 AM

Telive 1.8 works fine, only the Call Identifiers are not beeing cleared at the end of the conversation.
(See screenshot)

ET
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2016, 8:49 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
thanks for the bug report. i added a small change which will hopefully fix the crash. please tell me if it solves the problem

i didn't get the crash on my system, but the fixed code is obviously bad.
Thanks, yes this solved the crash.

The call identifier implementations doesn't seems to work so well, only a few calls get this in Telive and they seems to stay on the screen. I'll run a test for some hours on a busy system.

I'll especially look the decode of D-CONNECT and the SSI2.

This often contains quite good info about the GSSI (in some systems it's needed to decode this to even get the GSSI, but normally the GSSI appears in other messages too). Looking at the raw bits it's always easy to spot the GSSI, but what's received doesn't match the protocol as described in EN300392-2. For example, what should be the o_bit is almost always 0 for me, while data continues after (which it shouldn't according to the protocol). I've wondered if this was some error occurring quite early in the parsing, but I've not been able to find it.

But by pure bit pattern comparison (not longer caring about what the protocol say), I've been able to make a pretty good decoding of the GSSI in D-Connect, but it still get it wrong in some cases so it would be good to once for all make a proper implementation.
Old 03-21-2016, 9:08 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-NL View Post
Telive 1.8 works fine,
thanks for the report!

do you get more SSI info for calls in the new version?

Quote:
only the Call Identifiers are not beeing cleared at the end of the conversation.
i will release a fix either soon, or in the next version. fortunately this is only a minor annoyance
Old 03-21-2016, 9:30 AM

I don't think I see a lot more ISSI's.
With the previous version of Telive I already saw one GSSI and one or two ISSI for every conversation.

There's only one 'strange' user in this network. Sometimes I get only one ISSI (no GSSI or other ISSI) and I only here one site of the conversation. The ISSI I see is an office ISSI no mobile user. This lonely ISSI sometimes appears on identifier 0:.

In the meantime my screen is filled with abandoned Call Identifiers ;-)
The highst number now is 7013 do they rollover to 0 when they reach 9999 or do the keep counting ?

ET
Old 03-21-2016, 2:33 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
There's only one 'strange' user in this network. Sometimes I get only one ISSI (no GSSI or other ISSI) and I only here one site of the conversation. The ISSI I see is an office ISSI no mobile user. This lonely ISSI sometimes appears on identifier 0:.
this is a duplex call

Quote:
In the meantime my screen is filled with abandoned Call Identifiers ;-)
The highst number now is 7013 do they rollover to 0 when they reach 9999 or do the keep counting ?
they can go higher. the identifier is a 14 bit value, so the range is 0-16383

i've pushed a fix for the abandoned callid problem. btw you won't get call ids for all calls

and the receiver number shown is the one for the control channel. this value is mostly for mu debugging right now
Old 03-21-2016, 2:41 PM

Thanks for the answer.

With a duplex call you mean a private call between the office and the mobile user?
I will update Telive and test.

ET
Old 03-21-2016, 3:40 PM

Updated Telive.
Screen is cleared as before, but it looks like i see less CID's now. The network is less crowded at the moment (evening overhere) maybe thats the reason ? Will have a look again at daytime.

ET
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2016, 4:54 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Screen is cleared as before, but it looks like i see less CID's now. The network is less crowded at the moment (evening overhere) maybe thats the reason ? Will have a look again at daytime.
these CIDs can be lost sometimes (for example when a usage identifier doesn't have traffic for some time).

the CID support is just an experiment resulting from thinking about the next major version, and i thought it might be interesting also in this version.
Old 03-22-2016, 4:49 PM

Hello I recently had to reinstall my team and I have put debian 8 Jessie and the latest version of osmocore - telive , now I have micro outages in decoding tetra . They are not important but annoying . It's like you need a more powerful computer now ,.
How I can get install an older version of the software?
Old 03-22-2016, 5:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmaligno View Post
Hello I recently had to reinstall my team and I have put debian 8 Jessie and the latest version of osmocore - telive , now I have micro outages in decoding tetra . They are not important but annoying . It's like you need a more powerful computer now ,.
what distribution did you use bedore, what gnuradio version, what version of telive and osmo-tetra-sq5bpf?

are you sure you have too much cpu load? (what does top say?)

Quote:
How I can get install an older version of the software?
all of the software is on github, so you can check out whatever version you need. try to use osmo-tetra-sq5bpf from around the same time as telive
Old 03-23-2016, 7:11 AM

Hello,
thank for your quickly answer,

i install all from the new script 15 days before, gnuradio 3.7. debian jessie

I have another pc with older instalation and work fine, the same frec and the same antenna.

Before it was more fluid, now it's like there are some signs that the receiver1 1 detected as an error and gives it annoying jumps.
I try to show you a video in the nex day.
Old 03-23-2016, 8:03 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I have another pc with older instalation and work fine, the same frec and the same antenna.
ok, the new installation is debian 8 (32 or 64 bit?) newest telive and osmo-tetra-sq5bpf and gnuradio 3.7 from the debian packages, all installed via the install_telive.sh script. what hardware is this (memory, cpu, is this a virtual machine?)

for the older installation, which was working fine, please give the operating system, which version of telive and osmo-tetra-sq5bpf (it is enough to give me the date the files were downloaded), which gnuradio version and how was it installed (from distribution packages? or maybe from some other packages? or maybe compiled via the build-gnuradio sript, or some other), what hardware is this (memory, cpu, is this a virtual machine?)

Quote:
Before it was more fluid, now it's like there are some signs that the receiver1 1 detected as an error and gives it annoying jumps.
please send all error messages from telive, receiver1 and also from gnuradio-companion (especially if you see OOOO...)

Tags
tetra decode