RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 4:24 PM

To scan XMLRPC is a must, telive use it to control "sdr device" set qrq and other stuff.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2016, 4:27 PM

Another reason for a friend
Nothing in xmlrpc run 3 channels File Folder
Old 06-16-2016, 11:28 AM

What could be wrong?
All was fine before update to telive 1.9

Using GNU Radio Companion 3.7.5, USB Realtek RTL2838.

What file have to use?
receiver_pipe, receiver_udp or receiver_xmlrpc

Tried with old grc file (it work fine before televe 1.9), now have error ### SMALL FRAME and no audio
Tried with new grc, telive_1ch_gr37.grc and have error ### SMALL FRAME and no audio too

Was update "osmo-tetra-sq5bpf" folder and "telive" folder (git pull, make)
Old 06-18-2016, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbolodz View Post
I've tried to play a little with scanning. Because I don't have a "spare rtl stick" I've used HackRF One.
Scanning with rtl stick (even "over the network" with rtl_tcp) is working much better than with HackRF.
Some question:

Could you please explain function of "baseband auto correction, and working of "automatically tune receiver"?
After some tries I've manage to have tuner 1 to 4 tuned to "right frequency" reported in tetra messages but actually I don't know how I did it ;-)
One more question:
Tuners are set, telvie reports messages "about frequencies" but "Known frequencies" area is empty???
Old 06-20-2016, 6:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i've added a preliminary version of the docs for version 1.9, as usual the document is here:

Code:
https://github.com/sq5bpf/telive/raw/master/telive_doc.pdf
if you find any errors/omissions/something should be made more clear please report it

also please report any errors in the new telive version. i already know that that the frequency info is broken.
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5bpf View Post
also please report any errors in the new telive version.
How to report problems with telive? On forum in thread or create issue on github?
Old 06-21-2016, 7:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i've added a minor tweak to the install_telive.sh script to allow installation under raspbian 8

after installation run gnuradio-companion once, and close it (this will generate the necessary config files, this can probably be done in some non-gui way, but i didn't investigate it). this can be done either on the local X display (if installed) or X11 can be tunneled via ssh -X ....

i used raspbian 8 minimal with a raspberry pi 2 model b. without an x server running (all ran via ssh and under screen), and with the telive_1ch_gr37_udp_xmlrpc_headless_slow.py all software uses about 20% of the cpu in scanning mode.

also beware NOT to run volk_profile , and erase ~/.volk/volk_config if you did. for some reason optimisation doesn't work on this raspberry.

i will put this in the docs later
Old 06-21-2016, 7:59 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
How to report problems with telive? On forum in thread or create issue on github?
via email, via the forum or github (but i don't read the issues often)
Old 06-21-2016, 8:15 AM

Quote:
i've added a minor tweak to the install_telive.sh script to allow installation under raspbian 8
It's also working with Ubuntu 16.04 but you have to change "ubuntu 15" to "ubuntu 16"
Old 06-21-2016, 11:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
It's also working with Ubuntu 16.04 but you have to change "ubuntu 15" to "ubuntu 16"
thanks, added it to the install script.

so far there is support for debian 8, raspbian 8, mint 17.2 and 17.3 (not sure about 17.1), ubuntu 14, 15 and 16
Old 06-21-2016, 1:28 PM

Actually I've noticed strange behavior on Debian decoding with "remote RTL stick" (rtl_tcp) is NOT working (signal lost/signal found on telive, out of buffer space on rtl side). The same setup on Ubuntu 16.04 is working fine.
Old 06-22-2016, 2:14 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Actually I've noticed strange behavior on Debian decoding with "remote RTL stick" (rtl_tcp) is NOT working (signal lost/signal found on telive, out of buffer space on rtl side). The same setup on Ubuntu 16.04 is working fine.
you probably need to tweak some buffer sizes.

also try to see if this isn't a network issue, especially if wifi is involved.
Old 06-22-2016, 2:17 AM

Quote:
you probably need to tweak some buffer sizes.
also try to see if this isn't a network issue, especially if wifi is involved.
It's only "distro depended", the same hardware and network setup, only difference Ubuntu 16.04 vs Debian
Old 06-22-2016, 2:26 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
It's only "distro depended", the same hardware and network setup, only difference Ubuntu 16.04 vs Debian
the issues are either with gnuradio (different version, so maybe different buffer sizes etc) or with the network stack. for example there might be a different wifi driver causing more packet drops, and these will cause tcp retransmissions etc (use a sniffer to check).
Old 06-22-2016, 2:29 AM

Quote:
the issues are either with gnuradio (different version, so maybe different buffer sizes etc) or with the network stack. for example there might be a different wifi driver causing more packet drops, and these will cause tcp retransmissions etc (use a sniffer to check).
I agree that's probably gnuradio issue. For sure not WiFi (using LAN connection) ;-)
Old 06-23-2016, 12:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I agree that's probably gnuradio issue. For sure not WiFi (using LAN connection) ;-)
you can try to use gnuradio 3.7.9 packages from debian jessie backports, maybe that will be better

btw are you using udp or named pipes between gnuradio and receiver1* ?
Old 06-23-2016, 1:33 AM

I've replaced my old Debian setup with Ubuntu but I will try to look for a backup (I should have one). I'm using UDP.
Old 06-26-2016, 4:21 PM

I've read all 69 pages of this thread, thank you goes to sq5bpf for all of your hard work!!

Currently been using the bootable version of Telive, and have found a few private Tetra networks I otherwise wouldn't of known existed. I've installed Ubuntu 15.10 on my laptop, but with no Linux experience I kinda failed pretty early on in the install of Telive.. Will call on a few guys from my local club to help!

I can confirm that number displayed below the user(s) ISSI in the usage identifier when on a clear network is the GSSI. I think I remember reading earlier in the thread people weren't sure which was the group ID.
Old 06-27-2016, 9:51 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6UEX View Post
I can confirm that number displayed below the user(s) ISSI in the usage identifier when on a clear network is the GSSI. I think I remember reading earlier in the thread people weren't sure which was the group ID.
that really depends on the order in which the signalling info arrives, and also only 3 SSIs are remembered, so if there is a group call, and more than 2 ISSIs use it, then one ssi has to be forgotten and the list gets "shifted"

btw was this on tetra equipment which you own (or control)? if so, then you can try different scenarios (group calls, individual etc). i'd also be interested in the results
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 AM

Hello, just wondering if it is possible to get ISSI and GSSI info from encrypted network, I don't need voice traffic, only groups. Thanks.

Tags
tetra decode