RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software


Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 9:26 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Default

are now to work, control as soon as I can to check. thank you. still gqrx, do not know well Linux, then chroot and for me unknown, someone has developed for example, even just sdrsharp or other side of telive without compromising telive? and if you how? hraxie yet.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 95
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannit View Post
are now to work, control as soon as I can to check. thank you. still gqrx, do not know well Linux, then chroot and for me unknown, someone has developed for example, even just sdrsharp or other side of telive without compromising telive? and if you how? hraxie yet.
Greetings to me too need help (PM)
Maurizio
Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 2:53 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 37
Default Thanks

Great software up and running now..thanks
Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 4:04 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 109
Default

I'm stuck on step 2 - installing gnu radio 3.6. The script ends with the following error

Fetching various packages (Gnu Radio, UHD, gr-osmosdr, gr-iqbal, etc)
via the Internet
=======> THIS MAY TAKE QUITE SOME TIME <=========
Fetching Gnu Radio via GIT...Done
Fetching UHD via GIT...GIT checkout of UHD FAILED

================================================== =====================
If you have found this script useful and time-saving, consider a
donation to help me keep build-gnuradio, simple_ra, SIDsuite,
meteor_detector, simple_fm_rcv, and multimode maintained and up to date.
A simple paypal transfer to mleech@ripnet.com is all you need to do.
================================================== ====================
Send success/fail info to sbrac.org?y
Thanks

Any idea? Debian 7.7 here.
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 5:18 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Default

I actually occurred Air encryption 1 , then Tetrapol guess. This is not possible to decode or mistaken .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2014, 5:20 PM
hansheesbeen's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tilburg, NL
Posts: 54
Default

Guess 380/390 MHz. Indeed encrypted. Same here. Normal tetra with tea2 encryption...
Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 2:18 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detelazurno View Post
Fetching UHD via GIT...GIT checkout of UHD FAILED
[...]
Any idea? Debian 7.7 here.
probably something wrong with accessing the repository on github (maybe a firewall blocking it?). please check if this works now.

look at the build-gnuradio script - it is a very straightforward shell script, so should be easy to understand and debug. and also search the internet for answers, the build-gnuradio script from SBRAC is used by thousands of people around the world, and you should be able to find a solution to your problem.
Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 2:23 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KN35OQ
Posts: 35
Default

Unfortunately none of those 5 or 6 signals here on my QTH are unencrypted. All of them carry the same MCC/MNC. I will leave it working for a while in a work day, to see if i catch something in my fishnet.. I am thinking of a sh script to launch all tools at once in the proper order.
Also thinking of an supplementary block in GRC to FM demod the signal and hear the buzz, for audible bias based on signal intensity.
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 2:47 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4tnv View Post
Unfortunately none of those 5 or 6 signals here on my QTH are unencrypted. All of them carry the same MCC/MNC. I will leave it working for a while in a work day, to see if i catch something in my fishnet..
enable recording (and mutessi, although that can skip some traffic) , and leave it on for at least a week. if you have enough cpu, then you can decode all channels simultaneusly. i've recently commited 3, 5 and 6 channel receivers to the telive github repository, so you can use only one dongle for all channels if they fit within the dongle bandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4tnv View Post
I am thinking of a sh script to launch all tools at once in the proper order.
please don't publish
this will make people try to use the software without reading the documentation first, and as a result ask stupid questions later (look at questions in dsd topics on this forum for a quick sample)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4tnv View Post
Also thinking of an supplementary block in GRC to FM demod the signal and hear the buzz, for audible bias based on signal intensity.
this is easy, but won't get you any advantage (and will result in more cpu use), the spectrum display is much better for this.
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 2:56 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KN35OQ
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5bpf View Post
i've recently commited 3, 5 and 6 channel receivers to the telive github repository, so you can use only one dongle for all channels if they fit within the dongle bandwidth
I saw that
Quote:
please don't publish
this will make people try to use the software without reading the documentation first, and as a result ask stupid questions later (look at questions in dsd topics on this forum for a quick sample)
Of course

Quote:
this is easy, but won't get you any advantage (and will result in more cpu use), the spectrum display is much better for this.
I have enought cpu on A6/quad APU, but i will move the setup on my tiny home server (Mini-ITX Atom 330/64bit capable) to leave it rolling for long time/less power consumption. Also i have two dongles (bought second one for unitrunker sport) and i will try to put them both to work.
Reply With Quote
  #131 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 3:05 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KN35OQ
Posts: 35
Default

in the ets-codecs package, is there amr-codec needed or only c-code?
My ./rxx tetra monitor is pretty empty, from time to time showing PLAY on red and OK on white. Is there a legend for that?
I know, I know.. I`ll read the docs..

Last edited by yo4tnv; 12-06-2014 at 3:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 3:44 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KN35OQ
Posts: 35
Default

I do receive garbled sound from time to time. Is there a codec problem? please help
Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Default

Did you get the codec problem solving telive?
Reply With Quote
  #134 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

if the files with garbled audio are all called traffic_xxx_yyy_0_0_0.ogg, then enable mutessi
Reply With Quote
  #135 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 1:54 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4tnv View Post
in the ets-codecs package, is there amr-codec needed or only c-code?
c-code only

http://www.tandcca.com/about/page/12029
"Adaptive Multiple Rate (AMR) Voice Codec
The AMR codec, operating in the 4.75 kbits/s only mode, has been chosen for possible future applications in TETRA. However, completion of the Air Interface Standard to accommodate the AMR codec is suspended in TC TETRA until sufficient market need is identified"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4tnv View Post
My ./rxx tetra monitor is pretty empty, from time to time showing PLAY on red and OK on white. Is there a legend for that?
I know, I know.. I`ll read the docs..
OK - i got some recent traffic on this usage identifier
PLAY - i am playing this audio now (this will show sometimes even with encrypted audio unfortunately)
for now this is not in the docs, will fix that in the future
EDIT: actually this was in the docs so no fix necssesary

Last edited by sq5bpf; 12-06-2014 at 3:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #136 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 1:59 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannit View Post
I actually occurred Air encryption 1 , then Tetrapol guess. This is not possible to decode or mistaken .

if you see any output from tetra-rx (receiver1 script etc..), then this is tetra.

tetrapol is something completly different, the only similarity is the first 5 letters of the name
Reply With Quote
  #137 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 3:54 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5bpf View Post
if you see any output from tetra-rx (receiver1 script etc..), then this is tetra.

tetrapol is something completly different, the only similarity is the first 5 letters of the name
On some frequencies feel perfect audio, on the other, where the air crypto 1 audio is inconprensibile. This leads me to think that it is Tetrapol or that other kind of crypto may be used in combination with tetra?
Reply With Quote
  #138 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 4:02 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannit View Post
On some frequencies feel perfect audio, on the other, where the air crypto 1 audio is inconprensibile.
enable mutessi. also it may be that these networks with encryption turned on carry only encrypted traffic, and you will never hear anything on them

i'm happy to hear that you have perfect audio on unencrypted ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannit View Post
This leads me to think that it is Tetrapol or that other kind of crypto may be used in combination with tetra?
this is not tetrapol. tetrapol is to tetra like DMR to NXDN (not much in common). this is most probably encrypted tetra, some services additionally use end-to-end encryption
Reply With Quote
  #139 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2014, 6:25 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Hi. Following the tutorial in RTL-SDR, using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32bit. USB Nooelec receiver. Installing GNU radio 3.6 take a lot hours maybe low speed internet. Now try to run software and this error

user@ubuntu:~/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src$ ./receiver1 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "demod/python/simdemod2.py", line 18, in <module>
import osmosdr
ImportError: No module named osmosdr

Any idea to fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #140 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2014, 2:13 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Default

After trying to install gnuradio in Kali 32 bit and Lubuntu, I gave Debian 7.7 a try. It took really a while, but it works with my rtlsdr and delivers clear audio. Tuning in the top block gui isn''t as easy as in the original osmotetra, but it works and that's the main point for me.
Thanks for this great work!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tetra decode

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions