RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 1:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampaull View Post
No, I would be 99.99% sure this won't run on an RPI. Tetra is pretty resource hungry.
actually one channel runs fine on a rpi 3

you could probably do two, and maybe stretch this to three with some audio hickups
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2017, 4:11 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq5bpf View Post
now i could make a modification to have the status messages appear also in the telive status window, but i'm not sure if it might produce to much output. could people with busy tetra networks test the patch and see what is the maximum amount of status messages in one minute?
[/url]
Thanks, I've tested on a quite busy network, but it's not too much status traffic. Maybe something every 5-10 minutes on the site I checked.

All status messages so far has been 65024. Also in all cases so far the SSI has been the mobile station id, and the SSI2 a GSSI (group). This was the same on two completely independent systems.
Old 10-06-2017, 1:01 AM

@oz1jua, can you share your program ? It look very handy with multiple sites en receivers
Old 10-07-2017, 3:06 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by passie101 View Post
@oz1jua, can you share your program ? It look very handy with multiple sites en receivers
I have already done this. But here it is: https://github.com/oz1jua/StrTelive
Old 10-07-2017, 3:18 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0vec View Post
Thanks, I've tested on a quite busy network, but it's not too much status traffic. Maybe something every 5-10 minutes on the site I checked.

All status messages so far has been 65024. Also in all cases so far the SSI has been the mobile station id, and the SSI2 a GSSI (group). This was the same on two completely independent systems.
A have also testet on 2 sites on same network and on one site it only give same result 5-10 minutes.
The other site it give 0.

It still could be nice to know what is ISSI and GSSI. I know it is not simple to implement from SSI.
I have try to se what different in the hex dump off SSI but cant se the differen in SSI.
So that have to be done in the osmo core code. I have a system I know what is the GSSI and ISSI.
And that system we can use to check against if this is any help.
Sponsored links

Tags
tetra decode