RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2018, 6:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Plugin for SDRSharp

I have it up and running fine with a AirSpy with both 2.5 and 10 Mhz bandwith. It is bad that it only support 64 Bit Windows.
But that is the same with Telive for Linux 64 Bit.
But i dont think that it give me the same output.
I do not see any different from ISSI and GSSI so I can tell the different.
I had hope that this is some that has been added as explained in documentation.
If it is added how can I se the different. Any Clue ?
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2018, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale462013 View Post
You have to copy both ''SDRSharp.Tetra.dll'' and ''libtetradec.dll'' in your SDR# directory. Set in WFM and 25k bandwidth. Disable filter audio and set the sample rate to 2.4 MSPS max.

Set the right gain and click demodulator
Of cause we took these files to SDR# folder but the problem still shows. I have tried on Win7-X64/Win8.1. Maybe I have to get a Win10 to check... Thank you for your advice.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:20 AM

Default Telive Raspberry PI3

Hello to the community!

I explain my problem to you. I would like to transform my Raspberry PI3 into a TETRA receiver.
So I installed a Raspbian 8 Jessie distribution, with a VNC and SSH server. I followed the tutorial provided by sq5bpf to install telive

Everything is going well. I can start "SQ5BPF TETRA 1.9", as well as gnuradio-companion with telive_1ch_slow_udp. I detect many TETRA signals.
On the other hand, when I want to run receiver1udp, I get this message: "./receiver1udp: line 29: 42000+: error syntax: operand expected (error token is" + ")".

I wanted to know if it was possible to turn his Raspberry TETRA receiver. If so, I would like to know if you had already had this error and if you have a solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance for your answers !
Old 02-25-2018, 11:34 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matof35 View Post
Hello to the community!

I explain my problem to you. I would like to transform my Raspberry PI3 into a TETRA receiver.
So I installed a Raspbian 8 Jessie distribution, with a VNC and SSH server. I followed the tutorial provided by sq5bpf to install telive

Everything is going well. I can start "SQ5BPF TETRA 1.9", as well as gnuradio-companion with telive_1ch_slow_udp. I detect many TETRA signals.
On the other hand, when I want to run receiver1udp, I get this message: "./receiver1udp: line 29: 42000+: error syntax: operand expected (error token is" + ")".

I wanted to know if it was possible to turn his Raspberry TETRA receiver. If so, I would like to know if you had already had this error and if you have a solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance for your answers !
Have you try the same with FIFO files.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:59 AM

What do you mean ?
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2018, 6:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matof35 View Post
What do you mean ?
Have you tried using FIFO files instead of using UDP.
I've seen FIFO run more reliably. And then it can be
that this error you experience with receiver1udp does not come if you instead using FIFO files.
/tmp/fifo1
/tmp/fifo2 etc.

You will of course have to use receiver1 instead of receiver1udp and associated GRC files that
output to /tmp/fifo1.......

That is why I in StrTelive added the option to run Telive with fifo. Becouse i have seen FIFO run better i many cases.
The only draw back I se to use FIFO is that you have to start receiver before you start GNU Radio. (GRC File).

Last edited by oz1jua; 02-25-2018 at 6:32 PM..
Old 02-26-2018, 7:30 AM

Hi i found this. Anyone can help with DSD+?

https://forums.radioreference.com/at...-dsd-tetra.jpg

sorry for my bad english.
Old 02-26-2018, 7:32 AM

Hello oz1jua,

I followed your tutorial well. I have no more error using receiver1. On the other hand, decoding does not work. Here is the gnu-radio log:

Generation: "/home/pi/tetra/telive/gnuradio-companion/receiver_pipe/top_block.py"

Running: "/home/pi/tetra/telive/gnuradio-companion/receiver_pipe/top_block.py"

linux; GNU C ++ version 4.9.1; Boost_105500; UHD_003.007.003-0-unknown

Using the Volk machine: neon_hardfp_orc
gr-osmosdr 0.1.3 (0.1.3) gnuradio 3.7.5
built-in source types: osmosdr file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy
Using the device # 0 Generic RTL2832U SN: 77771111153705700
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
The exact sampling frequency is: 2000000.052982 Hz
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>> Done
Old 02-26-2018, 8:52 AM

Hello Matof3
Hi i try for days but not get it install into PI3 with RSPStrech desktop but getting some warnings while install telive.
Share your info to get install in Pi3 ?

Last edited by hamradionl; 02-26-2018 at 9:24 AM..
Old 02-26-2018, 8:56 AM

Hello hamradionl,

I see you are using RSPStretch. For now, the creator of Telive provides support on several versions of Linux, especially RSPJessie. To install Telive, you must first install RSPJessie on the RPI3.

Here is the repository link with older versions of RSP:
Index of /raspbian/images
Old 02-26-2018, 8:59 AM

Hello Matof35,

Okee thanks, iam downloading this moment a Jessie full and lite version Give it a try with that let you know how it go.
What use 16 or 32 Gb SDcard?
Did you do upgrade after install or just start the image and install telive?
Is there tutorial for install telive in PI3 ?
Hints tips are welcome

Last edited by hamradionl; 02-26-2018 at 9:23 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 8:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I would like to inform you all that SDRplay Ltd. has donated a RSP1A. This will ensure that this device will be supported by future telive versions.

I hope to have a working version within the next few weeks. The main feature will be RSP1A support, but it will also include various bits which i've accumulated over the last few months.

Jacek / SQ5BPF
Old 03-03-2018, 2:32 PM

Jacek,

Thanks for the info and for your ongoing work on Telive.
Also a thank you to SDRPlay.

Looking forward to the new release.
Hope it will be also compatible with the RSP1
Old 03-14-2018, 12:26 AM

Is this a game-changer? https://www.rtl-sdr.com/sdr-tetra-pl...equires-msys2/

I have not tried it myself, but the description makes it look very easy to set up and use.
Old 03-14-2018, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELAIR View Post

I have not tried it myself, but the description makes it look very easy to set up and use.
It's up to you. If you are windows type of user - yes, it is game changer. It's very easy to setup and use. But if you are familiar with linux and you are do-it-yourself type of guy, maybe you will prefer to use linux and continue to modify things in your own way
Old 03-14-2018, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELAIR View Post

I've tried it and yes it is very easy and seems to work well. For some people it could be really useful. I for example don't have a computer with linux permanently installed on so to run stuff on linux I have to use a virtual machine, but for high CPU demands this doesn't seem to work too well. Also for people who use SDR sharp routinely for decoding different stuff for example with DSD, it allows you to quickly switch to decoding TETRA if you come across a TETRA signal.

It's not so good for trunking unless it's only on a single carrier, because this plugin only decodes one TETRA base station at a time.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:23 PM

I have no experience with Linux or how much time and effort it takes to get something useful up and running (Not to mention; how much time and effort it takes for a newbie to LEARN how to use it)

I might give this windows plugin a try then, although I'm pretty sure all things tetra is garbled beyond useful listening here anyway.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2018, 7:14 AM

there a new windows version working fine on X32 or x64 architecture . Don't need windows linux part anymore

Source is here

https://yadi.sk/d/f0SS97Rb3SoyNr

Discussion in russian is here

TETRA
Old 03-21-2018, 9:56 PM

"there a new windows version working fine on X32 or x64 architecture . Don't need windows linux part anymore"

Works great! Much less fuss...

Just click the "Demodulator" tickbox after adding "magic line" and she will work...

Seems like the interface has been upgraded too! Good work you lot.
Old 03-29-2018, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButcher View Post
"there a new windows version working fine on X32 or x64 architecture . Don't need windows linux part anymore"

Works great! Much less fuss...

Just click the "Demodulator" tickbox after adding "magic line" and she will work...

Seems like the interface has been upgraded too! Good work you lot.
did someone managed to use it on 32bit windows? on mine ticking demodulator it cut the sound and even if i set the correct freq nothing happen

Tags
tetra decode