RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 3:59 PM

It is meant to cut the sound. But audio comes thru as someone is speaking...

And no, I use 64bit these days (get with the times!)
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 AM

Default Tetra Live receiver does not allow to tune

I installed in a virtual machine Ubuntu 14 and the software necessary to receive and decode Tetra communications.
All worked but when I launch the "1ch simple demo receiver" WITH the RTL dongle attached the window get grey (as from attached image) and I can't enter any data in the Frequency field.
If I launch the same receiver WITHOUT the dongle attached, the window stay white and I can enter any frequency in the frequency field.
Anyone can point me where I fail and help me to have my decoder working?
I am aware that running it in a virtual machine is not recommended, but this is just for testing. When I'll be able to run it I'll made it running on real hardware.

Thank you
Roberto
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2018, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arruba View Post
All worked but when I launch the "1ch simple demo receiver" WITH the RTL dongle attached the window get grey (as from attached image) and I can't enter any data in the Frequency field.
Hi. Grey windows in Ubuntu typically mean the application is frozen or hung due to some issue. This could be a problem with the program communicating with your dongle, or just performance. Have you used another RTL program to check your dongle is working ok in your virtual environment, or waited a little to see if it eventually unbloks?

If it's a performance problem, you could try to give more system resources (memory and cpu power) to your VM. Also note that you could set the desired frequency in your "1ch simple demo receiver" flow graph, so that it is tuned to it when you launch it.

Regards
Old 04-22-2018, 1:58 AM

Thank you, Paulania.
The dongle work with gqrx, and I tried two dongle without success.
I'll try to assign more resources and I'll report my finding.

Thank again
Roberto
Old 04-22-2018, 3:00 AM

Default multiple RTL dongles?

Is there a benefit and a way of using more than one RTL dongle and then being able to specify a specific dongle per instance of GNU\Rxx?

System with 2 downlink freqs (4 other frequencies) , two different LA's, mutiple CCs.
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulania View Post
Hi. Grey windows in Ubuntu typically mean the application is frozen or hung due to some issue. This could be a problem with the program communicating with your dongle, or just performance. Have you used another RTL program to check your dongle is working ok in your virtual environment, or waited a little to see if it eventually unbloks?

If it's a performance problem, you could try to give more system resources (memory and cpu power) to your VM. Also note that you could set the desired frequency in your "1ch simple demo receiver" flow graph, so that it is tuned to it when you launch it.

Regards
Hi Paulania,

I changed the memory allocated to the emulator with no success.
Instead, I setted a local tetra frequency in "1ch simple demo receiver" and gain and ppm, and I was able to see (not hear...) some traffic and to identify the control and the download channel. But after a little time (1 minute or so on) I lost the signal.
Thank you again!
Now I try to pinpoint the problems and hope to hear the traffic.

Roberto (aka Arruba)
Old 04-23-2018, 2:27 PM

Follow up:
I as able to ear some traffic and identify three network in my area (1 Swiss and 2 Italian).
Now is time to switch to a dedicated computer running Ubuntu native, perhaps headless.

Ciao
Roberto
Old 04-23-2018, 7:28 PM

Hi there
Aim using win telive with MYSIS and I did all the steps in Read me file ,but I have a problem that is . When I start the gui in gnuradio hit play icon there is window appear it should show the scanner activity .in my case no activity in the widow which it suppose to show activity . So afraid to Re- install SD# and winDriver but no change happend any solution please
MY BEST RAGARDS
Old 04-27-2018, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arruba View Post
Follow up:
I as able to ear some traffic and identify three network in my area (1 Swiss and 2 Italian).
Now is time to switch to a dedicated computer running Ubuntu native, perhaps headless.

Ciao
Roberto
Hi. Be aware that Gnu Radio comes with this "volk_profile" utility, meant to perform some tests and determine the best settings based on your hardware. I never knew how much things could be improved with it, but they usually recommend you to use it after installing all your software.

Regards
Old 04-28-2018, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulania View Post
Hi. Be aware that Gnu Radio comes with this "volk_profile" utility, meant to perform some tests and determine the best settings based on your hardware. I never knew how much things could be improved with it, but they usually recommend you to use it after installing all your software.

Regards
Thank you! I'll try it.
Now I am in Genoa, and I don't see any Tetra transmission here. Perhaps a more in deep search will find someone.

Roberto
Old 06-22-2018, 5:51 AM

Default Squeaking randomly on GSSI between same SSIs

I often see where calls on a specific GSSI would be perfect, and also Encrypted:Clear. GroupCall Clear Speech, and everything else indicating that it is not encrypted. The voice comes through perfect. Then some time later (next call) on the same GSSI with exactly the same non-encrypted scenario as above it would give me the "squeaks" for voice audio. This could be for example where control calls a mobile on the same GSSI, all fine, and when control replies it squeaks, or the same mobile replies and it squeaks. The conversation might go into a few iterations and then maybe not squeak again, only to squeak again on the next reply (or not). This all being on the same GSSI between the same 2 SSI's.

The above example is not specific to 1 GSSi, but multiple where one call might squeak and the next not. Or have a few calls not squeaking at all.
Signal strength and noise floor uploaded.
Anyone know what could be causing this?
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2018, 4:29 AM

Default Squeaking randomly on GSSI between same SSIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsapers View Post
I often see where calls on a specific GSSI would be perfect, and also Encrypted:Clear. GroupCall Clear Speech, and everything else indicating that it is not encrypted. The voice comes through perfect. Then some time later (next call) on the same GSSI with exactly the same non-encrypted scenario as above it would give me the "squeaks" for voice audio. This could be for example where control calls a mobile on the same GSSI, all fine, and when control replies it squeaks, or the same mobile replies and it squeaks. The conversation might go into a few iterations and then maybe not squeak again, only to squeak again on the next reply (or not). This all being on the same GSSI between the same 2 SSI's.

The above example is not specific to 1 GSSi, but multiple where one call might squeak and the next not. Or have a few calls not squeaking at all.
Signal strength and noise floor uploaded.
Anyone know what could be causing this?
Further to this I have now see that when the above happens I have TXer field as 0 and the Timeslot field as blank in the Net Info window. Another observation, not related to the above, it seems that the demodulator only plays voice on TimeSlot3 with the odd selection of TimeSlot4 (but no audio). Never see anything for TimeSlot 1 or 2.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2018, 7:40 AM

Hi to all

I need an urgent help please.
I have an I&Q file from SDR# and I want to have the decoded output of that via Telive offline
The file is below;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg80mwmrau...Hz_IQ.zip?dl=0

I think I did the conversion from wav to csample file by "./rtl_sdr_converter" means that I have .csample file. Then I did the conversion for float and .bits but if I run "tetra-rx" there will be no output ? or where will the output be ?

sudo /home/ubuntu/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src/demod/python-3.7/tetra-demod.py -i /home/ubuntu/rtl_sdr-to-cfile/converted_tetra.cfile -o /home/ubuntu/rtl_sdr-to-cfile/converted_tetra.float -s 156250 -c 0

sudo /home/ubuntu/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src/float_to_bits /home/ubuntu/rtl_sdr-to-cfile/converted_tetra.float /home/ubuntu/rtl_sdr-to-cfile/converted_tetra.bits

-

sudo /home/ubuntu/osmo-tetra-sq5bpf/src/tetra-rx /home/ubuntu/rtl_sdr-to-cfile/converted_tetra.bits

and If I run this line it writes "EOF". It generates the .bits file but when I check EOF in tetra-rx.c, there is an error from my side ?

Thx,
WR
Old 09-04-2018, 3:50 AM

Default Callid zero and SSI zero

Hi all, in my recorded files, very often the callid appear to be zero. More, in other files some SSI is zero, one, two or all three.
Which are the conditions that lead to this behavior. Is there any setting I can change in order to fix this? Is there a way to have more info in order to catch the problem?
Best regards
Claudio

Tags
tetra decode