Unitrunker with GRE/RS/Whistler as Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I searched through some threads but could not find something regarding the above. I have Unitrunker running using an RTL dongle as the "signal" in receiver. Been running the "voice" side with BCD536HP and working very well.
Went to try my PRO-197 as "control" receiver for voice but was surprised to see only the PRO2052 listed but no other GRE/RS radios. I am using Unitrunker ver 1.0.30.5 msi. Am I missing something. or is it not possible to use my PRO-197, PRO-106, or WS-1080 as control voice receiver.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Now have Unitrunker working fine with 536HP, 996XT, and PRO-197 working fine as voice receivers.
One other question which I cannot seem to find the answer. I know that I can use two RTL dongles as signal and control/inline voice. But I specifically want to use SDRSharp to monitor the voice channel. Any idea how to set the Control/Inline receiver to accomplish this? I see videos of it being done, but can't find the actual settings. Any help appreciated. Now that I am using Unitrunker more, really seems like a great program.
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to add the fact that I see a reference on how to set up two instances of SDRSharp. However, here I am talking about just using one RTL as the "signal" receiver without SDRSharp, which works well with my "voice" set up as listed above. Now I just want to use one instance of SDRSharp (or if possible, even FCDP+) as my "voice" receiver. Thank you.
Steve AA6IO

SCPD

QRT
I specifically want to use SDRSharp to monitor the voice channel.
You have to create a Debug receiver and place a DLL in the receiver's folder named "Remote.DLL". The tuner events passed to this DLL which writes them to a file.

A separate "trunking" plug-in in SDR# pulls the tuned frequency from this file an instructs SDR# to switch to the specific channel.

Changes in the design of SDR# caused past plugins to stop working. You'll have to find one that works with the latest SDR#.

Status
Not open for further replies.