DSD+ Metadata for Alphatags

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8BIW

Hi All

First, let me say a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in getting DSD+ to where it is today, it is an outstanding piece of software!

I'm using SDR# and DSD+ to decode a local LEO for a feed using RadioFeed by proscan. I would like to add alphatags/metadata to the feed, but i'm not sure if, or how, it can be done. I've tried google, and have found a feed doing this exact thing, but am unable to contact the feed owner or replicate their results.

Could someone provide the needed information please? Thanks!

DSDPlus

They are probably continuously reading and decoding the log file.

DSDPlus -v3 >logfile.txt

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
I am using this one ---> http://forums.radioreference.com/streaming-broadcasting-audio-recording/294276-include-alpha-tags-your-broadcast.html

It took a little bit of messing around but I finally got it to work (was probably something I was or didn't do that I should have) but it does work well if you use unitrunker. Not sure about using SDR# with it though. You may have to check with the creator of the program (he was very helpful in getting it to work on my system) to see if it will work for what you need.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
If it's a trunked system, the trunking plugin for SDR# has a single log output option.

If you're using UniTrunker, instead of using the direct RTL support for the voice receiver, you'll have to set up a Debug receiver and have that control SDR#.

M105

It would be great if DSD+ would generate a text file to be read by RadioFeed. If what appears in the Voice Channel Activity Window could be written to the file when voice is active and the something like <Idle> be written when nothing is happening, it would work great.

DSDPlus

We will create a DSDPlus.RadioFeedText file, but you must specify exactly what the contents should look like.

M105

Although I can find no official format for this file, my experimentation with RadioFeed indicates that the program reads plain text and probably has a character limit. In most cases the information could be less than 75 characters. What I think RadioFeed is doing is periodically checking if this file has changed and if it has, updating the metadata it sends. As far as specific content, the text that is displayed in the VC Channel Activity window when voice is active would be sufficient especially the SrcAlias.

When voice is detected: Write one line to the file with the channel activity.
When voice is off: Write something like >>>Scanning<<< to the file or let the user define the text.

Perhaps the ProScan/RadioFeed author can provide some assistance here.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Although I can find no official format for this file, my experimentation with RadioFeed indicates that the program reads plain text and probably has a character limit. In most cases the information could be less than 75 characters. What I think RadioFeed is doing is periodically checking if this file has changed and if it has, updating the metadata it sends. As far as specific content, the text that is displayed in the VC Channel Activity window when voice is active would be sufficient especially the SrcAlias.

When voice is detected: Write one line to the file with the channel activity.
When voice is off: Write something like >>>Scanning<<< to the file or let the user define the text.

Perhaps the ProScan/RadioFeed author can provide some assistance here.

ProScan and RadioFeed reads the file selected at 100 miliiseconds intervals. 100 characters maximum. Correct it will send only when changed.

M105

Thanks for the assistance! RadioFeed is a nice piece of software and works very smoothly. I mostly use the web page and have it password protected. One thing that I would like to see operate differently is to not show the metadata on the web page unless the user is logged in. For those I don't want to listen, I also don't want to be able to see what the scanner is tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.