Duplicate Frequencies, different LCNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashSWT

I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the past, I haven't been keeping up as well as I used to.

I've got an Unitrunker install running off a NooElec USB stick monitoring the TxWARN P25 system. The Galveston County Simulcast site in particular.

I frequently get duplicate frequencies logged by the system. Some with the same LCN and some with a different LCN. I'm attaching a screenshot (ignore the dates, it is older but the dupes show up every week if removed).

I assume there is a simple explanation, Phase II? That said, if there is a way to prevent having all the duplicates display in the main window that would be great because obviously the window has gotten huge.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Duplicate Freqs.jpg
    Duplicate Freqs.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 363

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It is indeed phase 2. You'd see more information in your band plan tab, but my gut feeling is that band plan 1 is phase 1 and band plan 3 is phase 2. Notice 01-1582 is 771.89375; band plan 03-1582 is 771.89375 (likely slot 1) and 03-1583 is 771.89375 also (but likely slot 2).

As for how it displays, that's for Unitrunker to answer. I don't have or monitor any P2 in my area, but if it is indeed displaying one line for P1, one for P2 slot 1, and one for P2 slot 2, that's taking up 3x the space you need (IMO). I would prefer to see it described on a single line, perhaps as a suffix to the frequency. -F1 for phase 1 (FDMA), -T1 for phase 2 (TDMA) slot 1, -T2 for phase 2 slot 2.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Yep, that shows that band plan #3 is Phase 2 for 700 MHz and band plan #2 is Phase 2 for 800 MHz. (Note the "slots 2" at right.) That's pretty standard for Motorola P25 systems.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Flash;

You are indeed observing how the program displays mixed used of Phase 1 and Phase 2 channels.

You'll see up to three rows per frequency - one FDMA and two TDMA. Eventually, I'd like to collapse that down to just two.

Jay911

Feed Provider
You'll see up to three rows per frequency - one FDMA and two TDMA. Eventually, I'd like to collapse that down to just two.

My earlier idea is of course impossible or at least detrimental considering each slot could have (and is the whole reason of dual-slots) different activity at the same time. Two rows is the right way to go now that I think about it.

FlashSWT

I apologize for never saying thanks for the replies Rick and Jay, I appreciate them.

Looking forward to having some of these lines collapsed in a future update.

Status
Not open for further replies.