DSDPlus TCP and Windows 10 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer get any audio from the latest FMP (TCP). It says it's using 10001. Is there anything that needs to be changed in Windows 10 to allow audio to come through the port?

KA2ZEY

Probably a firewall issue? You need to check it.

Ok I went in and made sure anything having to do with DSDPlus (FMP, LRRP, DSDPlus, etc) was oked for Firewall passage. I even turned everything off regarding firewall and security. Still no audio. I'm starting the .bat file FMP-CC. That's the correct one? This can be used as a simple receiver on it's own, correct? I swear I've had this working before and even had it working with DSDPlus (VC.bat) for decoding digital. Still nothing. I can see that it recognizes the dongle, I've tried definite broadcasts like NOAA, it says it's going through port 20001. Nothing.

KA2ZEY

Have You entered these commands in the correct place?

Code:
DSDPlus -i20001

FMP.exe 20001

Can't I run FMP by itself? Or does it always need to route to DSDPlus? I swear that I used to be able to just start up FMP.exe and listen to it like any SDR receiver.

RonnieUSA

Can't I run FMP by itself? Or does it always need to route to DSDPlus? I swear that I used to be able to just start up FMP.exe and listen to it like any SDR receiver.
No it needs to know what port to send it to.

I am also running Windows 10, and have no problems, with FMP or DSD+

Below are a copy of my DSD+ bat file, and FMP bat file.

DSDPlus -O NUL -T -E -i10000 -v4 -u3 -dr3 -dh2 -ds71 -dd2 -dv25 >logfile.txt

FMP.exe 10000 1 0.5 162.4000

KA2ZEY

No it needs to know what port to send it to.

I am also running Windows 10, and have no problems, with FMP or DSD+

Below are a copy of my DSD+ bat file, and FMP bat file.

DSDPlus -O NUL -T -E -i10000 -v4 -u3 -dr3 -dh2 -ds71 -dd2 -dv25 >logfile.txt

FMP.exe 10000 1 0.5 162.4000

Ok maybe this is some weird soundcard issue then. I have my speakers output set to 16 bit, 48K. Would that have anything to do with it? The speakers are also set to default.

KA2ZEY

And when I start all 4 of them together (FMP-CC, FMP-VC, CC and VC), I get 'connection refused' type run script where it goes through several ports to see if it can connect.

So I've never actually gotten any of this to work. While I'm happy that there is someone out there working on this stuff and making cutting edge decoding software, I'm kind of bummed that no developments have been made to make it less clunky and more user friendly with a workable GUI. I became a fast track funder for that reason. I really hope there are new developments made in making this more user friendly.

DSDPlus

GUIs are nice and they will be added, but they do not fix actual problems (if there is a problem)

You want to run FMP; with output sent through a TCP port or to a Wave device?

You wrote: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer get any audio from the latest FMP (TCP). It says it's using 10001.

Why is FMP using 10001? Nothing in the provided batch files uses 10001.

Ok, so you want output sent to a Wave device. Your speakers? VBC? VB-Cable? Then use the same command line that you have always been using for FMP: FMP <WaveOut device number> <dongle number> <PPM value> <RF frequency>

So something like FMP 1 1 20 162.4 ?

The FMP console window lists all of the available Wave Out devices and their numbers.

Just start FMP the same way you always have been.

KA2ZEY

GUIs are nice and they will be added, but they do not fix actual problems (if there is a problem)

You want to run FMP; with output sent through a TCP port or to a Wave device?

You wrote: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer get any audio from the latest FMP (TCP). It says it's using 10001.

Why is FMP using 10001? Nothing in the provided batch files uses 10001.

Ok, so you want output sent to a Wave device. Your speakers? VBC? VB-Cable? Then use the same command line that you have always been using for FMP: FMP <WaveOut device number> <dongle number> <PPM value> <RF frequency>

So something like FMP 1 1 20 162.4 ?

The FMP console window lists all of the available Wave Out devices and their numbers.

Just start FMP the same way you always have been.

Ok thanks. It was actually 20001, I didn't have my glasses on. I guess it's actually listening on port 20001, not sending. I'll try setting the output this time.

DSDPlus

FMP is listening on port 20001 for an incoming connection so it can send audio data over port 20001.

If FMP is listening on port 20001, you have run the FMP-CC.bat file, which is used in conjunction with DSD+ (via the CC.bat file); if you change the wave device / TCP port number in one .bat file, you have to change the other to match.

It is hard to help you without knowing what you are trying to do. Trunking? Conventional? Something else?

KA2ZEY

FMP is listening on port 20001 for an incoming connection so it can send audio data over port 20001.

If FMP is listening on port 20001, you have run the FMP-CC.bat file, which is used in conjunction with DSD+ (via the CC.bat file); if you change the wave device / TCP port number in one .bat file, you have to change the other to match.

It is hard to help you without knowing what you are trying to do. Trunking? Conventional? Something else?

For now I would just like to get a simple analog trunking system working. So assuming I get this to work with specifying the output, I can then just open up FMP-VC and it will start following once FMP-CC is set to a control channel?

DSDPlus

For now I would just like to get a simple analog trunking system working. So assuming I get this to work with specifying the output, I can then just open up FMP-VC and it will start following once FMP-CC is set to a control channel?
DSD+ does not decode any analog trunking protocols. The only trunking protocols FMP/DSD+ support right now are Kenwood NEXEDGE, Motorola Connect Plus DMR and Tier III DMR.

KA2ZEY

Ok I went and watched John Miller's video on Youtube and that helped a lot. I had to keep in mind that DSDPlus uses TCP now which makes it easier. Good to know that it only does those 3 trunking types...I had no idea. So let's say I hear a NXDN48K or 96K control channel but there's no information about it in RR. Can I still monitor it or will it not decode unless I have all the details in DSDPlus.frequencies txt file like John Miller says?

KA2ZEY

Happy to report that I finally got something working, knowing that it only does NXDN and DMR trunking. The TCP routing makes it a lot easier. Thanks for the help.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
FMP will also do P25 but not trunk tracking. There was another thread on how to do it and even I the computer idiot managed to get it working.

Basically you put the VCs of the site/s into the FMP.Scanlist file and then turn FMP and DSDPlus on and it scans the VCs decoding all traffic.

Works great for me and solves the P25 issue nicely. Its a great program.

DSDPlus

Good to know that it only does those 3 trunking types...I had no idea.
From the very start of the Trunking.txt help file:

DSD+ / FMP Trunk Voice Following

Note: NEXEDGE, Con+ and TIII (Hytera) trunking are fully supported

Cap+ trunking is less supported (no rest channel following)

Anything not listed as supported is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.