DSD+ new public release - version 1.101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Well, they could (should) have included the words "public release" so people didn't think it was just another Fast Lane thread... :roll:

I actually did search for the thread before posting, and DSD+ Public came up with nothing recent.
http://forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=9731917

Anyway, is there any help for the file Primary "FMPA-FreqList.csv"? The program is complaining that it doesn't exist, but there is no indication of how to create it or the format it uses. Is it the same as the frequencies file?

Last edited:

tERBO

In this release, I think, they have broken file split feature.
When I use -I60 option dsdplus creates one file and does not split it every hour like it did before.

Does anybody can confirm this problem or is it me doing something wrong?

Voyager

I'm surprised at the lack of support so far. Since the Fast Lane came out, it looks like those are the only people who are getting answers. It's been 4 days since I asked my question above. I can't help on the file split question, as I don't use that.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Surprised at the lack of support for a free piece of software. I didn't know a free program on the internet came with a guaranteed response time for tech support? Many factors at play here folks, author is away/busy/tied up with his(her) real job, who knows! I'm sure it'll get answered at some point.

Anyways, from the fmp.txt file:

Code:
FMP Frequency Lists

Every time FMP is retuned, FMP will search the CSV files specified in FMP.cfg
  for matching in-range frequency records.  The CSV files can be created from
  government data sources or Internet sites.

Each line in the files holds one TX frequency record or a record for
  a TX/RX frequency pair.  Each line contains eight fields.  Text fields must
  use enclosing quote characters.  Fields must be separated by a comma and
  a space.

Example data:

; TXfreq, RXfreq, Licensee, Location, Latitude, Longitude, first emission mode, second emission mode

461.1625, 466.1625, "example licensee", "example location", 35.1028, -80.9420, "16K0F3E", ""

When in-range matches are found, FMP displays them, sorted by distance,
  in FMP's console window.  FMP also passes the closest match to FMP-Map.

Voyager

Thanks. There is no such reference in the file FMPA.TXT

And with the Fast Lane support, I would expect the same for the public release like it was before FL. It's almost like the non-FL users got kicked to the curb. Some of us have very legitimate reasons we cannot purchase FL. If I could do so anonymously, I would. DSDPlus has a reputation of good support on the forums. And it's not as if the answer had to come from him. How many times have we both answered questions for things we don't author? Besides, that should have been in the TXT file. Hopefully the word will get back and it will be added, as it's a critical piece of info needed to make FMPA work.

Regardless, I hope that is the answer I needed to make it work. Thanks.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Unfortunately I don't have my AirSpy with me so I can't try the current public release, but I don't recall getting that error on the FastLane version. A few things may have changed between the two though.

Re: donating to FastLane... Perhaps you could have someone do the donation on your behalf? Always a way when you want it bad enough! :)

cg

Premium Subscriber
(freq), (mode), (ch name)
Save as:
FMPA.scanlist
If you see that "Text file" is shown as file type when you are saving, change it to "All Files".

EDIT: I see it was answered while I was taking a couple minutes to search for the answer and test it.

chris

Last edited:

Voyager

Hmmm... I have two answers though...

; TXfreq, RXfreq, Licensee, Location, Latitude, Longitude, first emission mode, second emission mode
461.1625, 466.1625, "example licensee", "example location", 35.1028, -80.9420, "16K0F3E", ""

and

(freq), (mode), (ch name)

cg

Premium Subscriber
I am sure you will post which one works for you when you test it.

chris

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I just installed the public release and FMPA works fine for me, no errors or missing file issues.

slicerwizard

Anyway, is there any help for the file Primary "FMPA-FreqList.csv"? The program is complaining that it doesn't exist, but there is no indication of how to create it or the format it uses. Is it the same as the frequencies file?
I wouldn't characterize it as complaining, since it's an optional file, but whatever...

In this release, I think, they have broken file split feature.
When I use -I60 option dsdplus creates one file and does not split it every hour like it did before.

Does anybody can confirm this problem or is it me doing something wrong?
I just tried and it's not working for me either. Wait - it's not working when I use the TCP link feature. When I use VB-Cable and SDR# it works. Go figure.

Try FMP --> VB Cable --> DSD+

I'm surprised at the lack of support so far. Since the Fast Lane came out, it looks like those are the only people who are getting answers. It's been 4 days since I asked my question above.
Maybe they're on a beach somewhere warm? Maybe they expected that an easy question like that would be answered by someone else? Oh look - it was.

Thanks. There is no such reference in the file FMPA.TXT
I'm looking at that file right now. It says:

FMPA operates very much like FMP. Most of FMPA's command line options and active keys are identical to FMP. These are detailed in the FMP.txt file.

Options and features exclusive to FMPA are covered in this document.

So if it's not referenced in FMPA.txt, the feature is identical in FMP and FMPA and is documented in FMP.txt - or am I reading that wrong? So you should be looking there?

And with the Fast Lane support, I would expect the same for the public release like it was before FL. It's almost like the non-FL users got kicked to the curb.
Wow. They release a fully functional public version and you're complaining. Oh, I forgot - they're not Uniden.

BTW, us FL users didn't even get an FMPA.txt file, but you're the one being treated badly...

Besides, that should have been in the TXT file.
The info is in the text file.

Hopefully the word will get back and it will be added, as it's a critical piece of info needed to make FMPA work.
No, it's an optional file and FMPA runs fine without it.

Voyager

No matter what term you want to use about "complaining" - it comes up with a message that says the file is missing. I simply want to create it.

I also get an error. Below is what is shown. Airspy SN masked out.

voyager-albums-fmpa-picture4382-fmpa.jpg

And no - when there is a FMPA.TXT file I didn't think to look in the FMP.TXT file. I was simply looking for a format to create the file it wants to see.

...yes the question was answered - four days later. And I thanked both for their respective answers. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but yes, I most certainly will post which works if I can get it running.

Last edited:

Voyager

OK. I tried both formats, and either gives me "Loading frequency data..." (a bit of progress), but it still errors out as shown above. So, I can't tell which format is correct.

Running as an administrator doesn't help.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an i5-2400 running at 3.10 GHz with 4 GB of RAM.

All CFGs are at default.

I will add that FMPA-CC and FMPA-VC seem to work fine.

I might be using TCP protocol. How do I change that?

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Mine seems to work well, still a bit of hit or miss with stopping on an active channel all the time but it scans and most of the time stops with voice activity in the selected mode.
My FMPA batch file is:
FMPA -i1 -o20004 -f462.1625
I then run DSDPlus with:
DSDPlus -i20004 -v3 -fa -E -T -_1 -wsl250.1400 -wel550.1000 -wcl350.1000 -wes200.875 >>AirspyDSD.log

My FMPA.SCANLIST file is:
454.19375 Con+ Site26
454.20625 Con+ Site26
454.21875 Con+ Site26
454.23125 Con+ Site26

chris

Voyager

Can you zip and post your FMPA.SCANLIST file so I can use that as a sample?

Or is the posted text all that is in that file? (so I can copy that, paste it, and make my local changes)

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Mine seems to work well, still a bit of hit or miss with stopping on an active channel all the time but it scans and most of the time stops with voice activity in the selected mode.
My FMPA batch file is:
FMPA -i1 -o20004 -f462.1625
I then run DSDPlus with:
DSDPlus -i20004 -v3 -fa -E -T -_1 -wsl250.1400 -wel550.1000 -wcl350.1000 -wes200.875 >>AirspyDSD.log

My FMPA.SCANLIST file is:
454.19375 Con+ Site26
454.20625 Con+ Site26
454.21875 Con+ Site26
454.23125 Con+ Site26

chris

Chris,

what about commas after each part 9frequncy, type, site)?

vince48

cg

Premium Subscriber
When I looked at the .cfg file, It said that the file was .csv format so I used commas. I noticed when I did that, I saw "X analog scanlist channels loaded", when I removed the commas, I get "X digital scanlist channels loaded"
So try it without them. I don't know if I would still get decoding or not but I suspect not.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.