DSD+ FastLane 2p10

Status
Not open for further replies.

M105

FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see if it follows my NXDN control channel when it changes at midnight. I also now have a 3 dongle setup monitoring both a P25 and NXDN system with a shared VC. Three copies of FMP24 and 3 copies of DSD+. Now if I can only figure out how to arrange the screen!
---
Great work guys! So far it is all running smooth. I hope we see P25 phase II voice decoding soon.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see if it follows my NXDN control channel when it changes at midnight. I also now have a 3 dongle setup monitoring both a P25 and NXDN system with a shared VC. Three copies of FMP24 and 3 copies of DSD+. Now if I can only figure out how to arrange the screen!
---
Great work guys! So far it is all running smooth. I hope we see P25 phase II voice decoding soon.

I have two monitors on my main machine, and I still find myself running out of monitor space; I may install a different graphics card to run more monitors, pretty soon I'm gonna have to hang monitors on the wall, LOL...

grosminet

Can't work with new version under Mototrbo decoding

This new version can't work anymore with mototrbo decoding .

I copied the content of my 2.8 working directory . I unzipped 2.10 files and run my batches .

I have mototrbo decoding like :

+DMR CACH ERR slot1 BS VOICE e:6r5r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC2 e:7m6r7r
+DMR slot2 BS VOICE e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC3 e:7r6m6r
+DMR slot2 BS VC2 e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC4 e:7r6r6m
+DMR slot2 BS VC3 e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC5 e:7r6r6r
+DMR slot1 BS VC6 e:6m6r7r
+DMR CACH ERR slot2 BS VC4 e:6r7m6r

But nothing in dsd event log

I made same tests with previous version 2.8 with success

Any ideas ?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
If I'm reading the documentation correctly, 2.10 should automatically track a rotating CC within a single CON+ site, is that correct?

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Where did you get the 2p10 version? I'm on the fasttrack and haven't received anything in my email yet?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes I checked. It's not in the spam and I didn't get 2.10. Is there a way that they can re-send it?
Email: williamclaabs@gmail.com

DSDPlus Fast Lane updates go out in two batches. YOou may or may not have been part of the first batch. Given they are send from a Gmail account and you have a Gmail account, either you got it and deleted it, or you have some message filter in place that is doing something with the message, or the second batch hasn't gone out yet. but if it were me, I'd email the DSDPlus team and mention it.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This new version can't work anymore with mototrbo decoding .

I copied the content of my 2.8 working directory . I unzipped 2.10 files and run my batches .

I have mototrbo decoding like :

+DMR CACH ERR slot1 BS VOICE e:6r5r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC2 e:7m6r7r
+DMR slot2 BS VOICE e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC3 e:7r6m6r
+DMR slot2 BS VC2 e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC4 e:7r6r6m
+DMR slot2 BS VC3 e:35r7r
+DMR slot1 BS VC5 e:7r6r6r
+DMR slot1 BS VC6 e:6m6r7r
+DMR CACH ERR slot2 BS VC4 e:6r7m6r

But nothing in dsd event log

I made same tests with previous version 2.8 with success

Any ideas ?

Looks like maybe a signal polarity issue. Try pressing P within DSDPlus to toggle polarity and see what happens. If you're still having problems, you should / need to describe in detail your monitoring setup and the command line parameters you are using in DSDPlus.

Mike

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
2.10 received Friday

DSDPlus Fast Lane updates go out in two batches. [You] may or may not have been part of the first batch. ...

FYI, I received 2.10 around 2016-05-20 1300 UTC (Friday). I was not part of the first batch.

M105

On the NXDN system I monitor the new 2P10 version did follow the control channel change so that's a great addition and frees me from running SDR# as a CC scanner!
---
The ability to run two or more control channel copies of DSD+ also works but with a small issue that could use improvement if possible. I am monitoring a NXDN and a P25 system using 2 CC copies controlling 1 VC copy of FMP24/DSD+. I notice as long as I am getting recurring conversations on one system or the other everything is fine. The issue happens when the protocol changes then the VC copy of DSD+ will miss the first transmission. In other words if I get 5 NXDN transmissions in a row I will hear them all but if I get 2 NXDN transmissions and the next one is P25 I will miss it. It seems that DSD+ has a memory for the last mode it decoded and has a problem switching modes. Sometimes when the transmissions alternate I hear nothing. The VC copy of FMP24 is tuning to the frequency but DSD+ stays silent while trying to figure out what protocol is coming at it.

I hope that makes sense! It is a little hard to explain but I guess the problem is that DSD+ has a problem switching protocols. As long as it gets a steady diet of one or the other it works like a charm. Maybe the CC copy can be made to tell the VC copy what's coming??? I am using -f1 -fn on the VC-DSD+.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Yes. P25, NEXEDGE, Cap+, Con+, TIII, ...

Wow, this is amazing, I'm so glad we can finally monitor Cap+ systems in trunking mode! Plus, it's also great to monitor Con+ without having to constantly mess with rotating CC's. Hopefully IDAS trunk tracking will be solved soon as well. This is wonderful progress:cool:

adcockfred

M105 that sounds just like the problem I am having with running sharp and fms with dsd too. seems like when I do get con+ voice it is slot 1. running nxdn and con+

dtscho

Database Admin
Question about behavior of FMP-CC with 2.10: when monitoring a Cap+ system, does FMP-CC tune to the current rest channel as it cycles? I'm definitely seeing the rest channel cycle correctly in the channel activity window, but FMP-CC stays on the initial rest channel I tune to.

Thanks,
Dave

slicerwizard

Question about behavior of FMP-CC with 2.10: when monitoring a Cap+ system, does FMP-CC tune to the current rest channel as it cycles? I'm definitely seeing the rest channel cycle correctly in the channel activity window, but FMP-CC stays on the initial rest channel I tune to.

Thanks,
Dave
You set up the system properly in DSDPlus.frequencies? You told FMP-CC to -rc?

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber

Thanks,
Dave

I was having that problem too at first. When you are using "Temporary OTA Channel Numbers", it will not scan to the next one if the frequency becomes vacant. Monitor each frequency in your system separately until it tells you the order, then edit them in the frequencies file to the correct number. Once you do this, the scanning will work properly. In summary, it will not scan with temporary OTA numbers in the file. Hope this helps.

dtscho

Database Admin
I was having that problem too at first. When you are using "Temporary OTA Channel Numbers", it will not scan to the next one if the frequency becomes vacant. Monitor each frequency in your system separately until it tells you the order, then edit them in the frequencies file to the correct number. Once you do this, the scanning will work properly. In summary, it will not scan with temporary OTA numbers in the file. Hope this helps.

Thanks, but this was a known system where I had already set up the OTA numbers properly.

Dave

CanesFan95

So am I reading this right? This version will follow Cap+ talk groups? The day has finally come!?

Status
Not open for further replies.