DSDPlus 2P29 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

M105

I see DSDPlus 2P29 in the mail this morning. Thanks for the Christmas update Santa. I am on the road and away from my setup so not able to really try it out. I am a little disappointed that P25 Phase II is not supported yet. Maybe next year.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I saw this when I checked my email this morning. I unzipped and installed it, but haven't had time to try it it yet. The install was flawless.

It was a nice holiday gift. :)

CanesFan95

YES!! Just got mine this morning. Eating my own words, so the project isn't dead after all. Can't wait to start trying it out when I have time. A great Christmas present indeed!

Thank you DSD+ PEOPLE!

highstupid

Banned
My setup is working awesome EXCEPT the for the Frequency file thing isnt working. When the OTA Frequency file gets sent, DSD+ writes: "Network Repeater Map NOT Written to Console Log File"

mescalero

I want to thank Mr. DSD PLUS for the great work and the new update
The "fusion" so works well and especially the modified "LRRP" view is really very welcome
With the opportunity to send him to the forum and all my best wishes for a Merry Christmas
Thank you
Maurizio from Rome-Italy

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I haven't received it yet, but then the last 2 fast lane updates I did not get automatically. I had to leave a message or email requesting that they send it to me. Hopefully mine will arrive soon!

slicerwizard

My setup is working awesome EXCEPT the for the Frequency file thing isnt working. When the OTA Frequency file gets sent, DSD+ writes: "Network Repeater Map NOT Written to Console Log File"
I got the same thing until I used DSDPlus >log.txt

Decoding lots of AVL off our wide area NEXEDGE network. Looks like a taxi company is using it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am a little disappointed that P25 Phase II is not supported yet. Maybe next year.

Over five years after Phase II systems started shipping, and still no support for it in DSD+. The software supports TDMA for both X2 and DMR, yet even after some of us have submitted Phase II technical documents and raw voice channel samples well over a year ago, still no progress on that front. Disappointing to say the least.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're about the only person who thought it was. They made it clear from the start that releases of fast lane would generally be several months apart.

YES!! Just got mine this morning. Eating my own words, so the project isn't dead after all. Can't wait to start trying it out when I have time. A great Christmas present indeed!

Thank you DSD+ PEOPLE!

CanesFan95

We used to be able to type 'f' to forget system information. Has that gone away now? This was convenient for when you're scanning around decoding different stuff.

M105

Over five years after Phase II systems started shipping, and still no support for it in DSD+. The software supports TDMA for both X2 and DMR, yet even after some of us have submitted Phase II technical documents and raw voice channel samples well over a year ago, still no progress on that front. Disappointing to say the least.

Yeah, I thought they were getting close with recent releases apparently working well with P25 control channel information and the other supported TDMA modes running well. There must be some issue yet to be solved with decoding Phase II voice. From the outside it would appear the foundation is there.

Maybe they will make today's release the official free version and produce a new fast lane version that supports P25 Phase II in the next month or so. Everything around me has now gone completely to Phase II so all I am using DSD+ for at the moment is NXDN.

That said, DSD+ Fast Lane has still been a great deal for me and I am glad to see development continuing. We have a fusion repeater in the area so I will be trying that out with a dongle on this release. It just keeps getting better and better!

slicerwizard

We used to be able to type 'f' to forget system information. Has that gone away now? This was convenient for when you're scanning around decoding different stuff.
Looks like it got changed to D. What was wrong with F?

Code:
DSD+ 2.29  Active Keys
  ?    Display active keys list
  1    Synthesize audio for first DMR timeslot
  2    Synthesize audio for second DMR timeslot
  3    Synthesize audio for both DMR timeslots
  -    Toggle command line options display
  |    Toggle symbol phase display
  A/a  Adjust AMBE unvoiced audio level
  B    Show/hide background events
  D    Discard current system information
  E    Toggle auto-muting of encrypted voice
  H    Cycle high contrast modes
  I/i  Adjust IMBE unvoiced audio level
  M/m  Cycle raw source audio monitoring mode
  N    Rebuild neighbor list
  P    Toggle signal polarity
  R    Start/stop raw source audio recording
  S    Close/reopen source audio waveform display
  T/t  Adjust voice monitoring threshold
  V    Toggle voice call start alerts
  W    Display window locations and sizes
  Spacebar  Hold on current call
  Esc  Terminate decoding

CanesFan95

Ah, you're right. It's 'D' now, thanks. Lower-case 'd' also works just the same. I have nothing against the letter 'F', but only noticed it wasn't doing anything anymore.

Now I'm wondering what these functions are for:

A/a Adjust AMBE unvoiced audio level
M/m Cycle raw source audio monitoring mode
I/i Adjust IMBE unvoiced audio level

Last edited by a moderator:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Minor issue here, but running this using the DSD+ plug-in for SDR# no longer works, or I'm missing something. It is because the -dr command has been removed. I see an invalid parameter error and then the attempt to run DSD+ closes. Interestingly in the config of the plug-in I don't see any reference to the -dr command so it's getting shoved in there somewhere else.

Running it manually works fine, of course. Either I'm missing something or the plug-in needs to be updated.

Thanks DSD+ folks. Again, I'll state that anyone serious about monitoring and investigating these digital system owes it to themselves to get on the Fast Lane program. The small price is well worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.