DSD+ signal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDQ

Hello, I have a question what do I need to listen to this signal?
I really need to listen at this frequency.

(Picture)

Attachments

• DSD +.PNG
    DSD +.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 764

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
LOL it's encrypted, so you would need a radio issued by the system owner...

Why do you need to listen to that frequency? If it was for your work or something I'd say talk to who ever is in charge of your communications and see if they can issue you a radio that you can keep with you. If it's the police or fire or even just a business it doesn't matter you cannot hear it, it is encrypted and in most places it is illegal to decode an encrypted transmission for hobby use. Long story short man whoever is using that channel there gone man. Move on. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Everything around me is going encrypted counties and towns around me are completely going dark after throwing the encryption switch. Where I am about 75% of all the radio traffic I intercept is encrypted whether it be DMR, NXDN or P25. It's just the new trend with digital communications and software based encryption it's way easier than it used to be to secure a channel unfortunately.

woodpecker

Please tell everyone what you would use to decode encrypted tg's that would be easy to use. and remember it's unlawful to do it.
Steve

DSD, xor the voice frames with the BP key,

Unlawful according to who?

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
Please tell everyone what you would use to decode encrypted tg's that would be easy to use. and remember it's unlawful to do it.
Steve

1.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFF_DES_cracker
2. I have a stance the only reason we have a government at all is that armed men are the only thing keeping its power.
3. It's not illegal unless you get caught

I do like the AVL feature of the latest fast lane. I know where they are all the time.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
If it's "very easy" then I'm sure you can explain how to do it...?

The easiest thing would be using a HackRF to inject code that mimics over the air program to turn a single radio in the talkgroup into clear mode. Once that happens the whole talk group becomes unecrypted. You might not be able to crack the encryption but there are ways to disable it. (This is for education purposed only do not try at home)

woodpecker

The easiest thing would be using a HackRF to inject code that mimics over the air program to turn a single radio in the talkgroup into clear mode. Once that happens the whole talk group becomes unecrypted. You might not be able to crack the encryption but there are ways to disable it. (This is for education purposed only do not try at home)

Why complicate it?

There are 255 BP keys.
You can determine the key number by looking at the AMBE frames.
Once you have determined the key number, XOR each AMBE voice frame with that BP key.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
Why complicate it?

There are 255 BP keys.
You can determine the key number by looking at the AMBE frames.
Once you have determined the key number, XOR each AMBE voice frame with that BP key.

I'm more talking about NXDN and P25 where AES and DES are used. If you cant crack the encryption you have to do a front end exploit. remember we are just talking about this for education purposes and not condoning listening in a public safety organization that feels it needs to hide it's basic dispatch. "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide"- a police officer that said that when I was a kid

woodpecker

I'm more talking about NXDN and P25 where AES and DES are used. If you cant crack the encryption you have to do a front end exploit. remember we are just talking about this for education purposes and not condoning listening in a public safety organization that feels it needs to hide it's basic dispatch. "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide"- a police officer that said that when I was a kid

Why go off on a tangent about NXDN and P25? The OP wants to decode a mototrbo signal with BP on.

woodpecker

Buy a TRBO radio. Try each BP key one at a time. Celebrate.

You can do that but the CPS only allows one BP key at a time in the radio so its a lot of messing around finding the key, a computer can do it in a fraction of a second.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, but obviously 99.9% of the users here don't have the software and know how to extract ABME frames etc. On a busy channel you can find the proper BP key in no time at all.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin

Ah, no... this is absolutely false. One clear radio on a talkgroup/channel will not put the rest of the radios in the clear

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Oh... and I just noticed from the screenshot in the original post that RAS is being used too. So even with the correct BP key you will be out of luck.

slicerwizard

The easiest thing would be using a HackRF to inject code that mimics over the air program to turn a single radio in the talkgroup into clear mode. Once that happens the whole talk group becomes unecrypted.
Citation required.

"over the air program to turn a single radio in the talkgroup into clear mode" sounds like BS. Why would subscribers accept commands that told them to stop using encryption?

woodpecker

Oh... and I just noticed from the screenshot in the original post that RAS is being used too. So even with the correct BP key you will be out of luck.

RAS will stop a trbo radio but has no effect when using DSD

Status
Not open for further replies.