DSD+ and BR330T Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0ck3t911

Hello, I've been doing some reading about how to use DSD+, but i've ran into some trouble. I work for a radio company and I have successfully been able to get DSD+ to work with RSP2Pro and SDR Console for one of my coworkers. My problem now is, I have a Uniden BR330T Scanner with the discriminator mod done. I am using a stereo cable to connect the audio from the scanner to my computer line-in port. I also have the scanner plugged in via USB so I can program it remotely via teamviewer when I am at work.

I have a big setup i'm doing, i'm going to route all of this through VAC cables to a teamspeak server so I can listen to it on my phone but right now I just want to get DSD Decoding my audio

Main issue - Uniden BR330T - DSD+ - VB cable software - NXDN 9600

I can hear the digital through my speakers, and the DSD+ Audio Scope shows audio waves. However, DSD+ does not say it is decoding the audio, it doesn't say syncing or anything. I used DSD+ to record raw audio to test that it is receiving the audio and hearing it, but it just isn't decoding it. I have the correct input set as Line-In and the output to my speakers for now, that will change when I get it working. I am lost and don't know what to do now. My DSD Shortcut has the following parameters ( C:\DSDPlus\DSDPlus.exe -o2L -i1M )

I will also attach the raw audio I recorded with DSD+ if I need to. ( It shows the audio is too big, if you need it, provide me with a place to upload it that is allowed by the forums ).

M105

Try dropping the L and M and use just -o2 -i1.
---
Make sure any internal microphones are muted so you are not mixing in other noise.
---
Try adjusting the input volume levels.

r0ck3t911

I have tried dropping the L and M, no results. I have shut down all other recording devices with no results. I have also adjusted input levels to make the oscillator waves at half. I have just thought of something to try and I'll post back on the results. I have a stereo cable, both ends, hooking the scanner to my computer and I think both the discriminator and headphone out is mixing into the computer. I'm going to replace the end I plug into my computer and solder on a mono plug. So I'll have stereo coming out of the scanner, mono going into the line in on the pc. Fingers crossed

r0ck3t911

Double post, but I tried a stereo end at the scanner and a mono at the computer and I am not getting any sound. Perhaps I messed a setting up in my computer or maybe I still need to use a stereo plug and just hook up the wire coming from the discriminator. I am going to use a full stereo end in the scanner and then cut the mono end towards the computer and put a stereo end back on and connect only the discriminator channel. I hope this work.

Basically.. A stereo cable, but at the end that connects to the computer, one channel is hooked up.

M105

Assuming that the scanner has the discriminator audio on the center ring of the stereo plug you should use a stereo plug on both ends and feed DSD+ with the Right side audio channel. Mute the left side if you don't plan to use the unfiltered audio.

r0ck3t911

Since I already have the cable cut, would it be possible to connect the discriminator audio to both the tip and the ring and not even worry about the unfiltered audio? Would this work? If not and I had to connect both to the stereo plug, I'm not sure how I'd go about muting one channel through line-up.

M105

Yes, as long as you don't forget which end is which. If it were me I would try to use a standard stereo to stereo cable and the R option on the -i command in DSD+. If it doesn't work try the L option as someone might have wired the plug wrong.
--------
FWIW: I should have said filtered audio. The discriminator tap audio is actually the unfiltered. If the scanner has been tapped like the instructions I saw online then the discriminator audio should be on right channel ie. the middle ring of the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.