Trunked mototrbo with DSD+ Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchieric

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding a trunked mototrbo system near me and maybe you all will be able to help me. I have an RSP2, an RSP1 and a single RTL-SDR dongle, I also have DSD+ fastlane and a few vhf scanners around the house. Is it possible for me to listen and follow this trunked mototrbo system with what I have or do I need something else?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
How about your SDRPlay and SDRUno ? That would be a brlliant choice. It can be done, and quite easily -- but you have to tweak some settings. And I can't give you a tutorial on how to do it because I only did it once before I deemed the SDRPlay not fit for my particular needs.

I am pretty sure you can set up a audio output channel in SDRUno that will be visible to DSD+ as an input, but I am not 100% sure. If you are using SDRUno, you have to make sure and turn the preemphasis off I believe.

That should be enough to get you started. If you are a looking for a complete A-to-Z tutorial, you probably should look instead at reading the SDRUno and DSPlus documentation.

In the end you would be running two copies of DSDPlus.

SDRPlay + SDRUno + first copy of DSDPlus to monitor control channel
FMP24 + second copy of DSDPlus to follow voice channels

Of course you have to use appropriate switches with FMP24 / DSDPlus and set up some batch files. The example batch files presume you are using two dongles. But you don't have to use two dongles to trunk.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you remember how you linked FMP24 with SDRUno?

I remember that i _didn't_ link FMP24 with SDRUno. FMP24 gets linked (via TCP) with the second running copy of DSPLus serving as the voice following receiver.

SDRPlay+SDRUno gets linked with the first running copy of DSDPlus via VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) or perhaps VB Cable.

You need to do some searching in the forums rather than expecting somebody to provide you with an A-Z complete tutorial on it. These types of things are talked about on the forums here regularly.

Sorry, but I don't use my SDRPlay anymore. I only tried it one time before figuring out that it doesn't meet my needs. But rest assured, it can be used in combination with SDRUno, two running copies of DSDPlus, FMP24, and an RTL dongle for trunked voice following.

mike

PS: Please read every .TXT file that came with DSDPlus, multiple times. You need to understand the available switches and options, as well as the workflow of FMP24-->tcpip-->DSDPlus and SDRUno-->VAC-->DSDPlus. Be sure to read the .BAT files too. There are sample batch files to use with two RTL dongles. You would modify the those batch files to work with what you have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.