Unitrunker and DSD +

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanLagois

Premium Subscriber
I hope I have found the right place to post my question on!

I have recently bought 2x RTL-SDR dongles and they work perfectly fine, I am trying to decode APCO P25 but there is no audio going into DSD+

The dongles are receiving perfectly fine because I am getting ‘Health’ and I can see all the TalkGroups/Trunked Frequenices on the control frequency I am scanning. I have configured Uni Trunker so digital voice goes into my Virtual Cable in the VCO on both my ‘Fixed and Scanner’ windows and the audio output is my speakers on UniTrunker.

I cannot hear anything and the DSD isn’t decoding. I believe the audio isn’t getting from Uni Trunker to DSD+

I have also setup that VB input is my default recording device and DSD+ says its can receive it from my Virtual cable output but nothing.

Is it something to do with Sample Rate or SMP? On unitrunker my sample rate is 1056 I believe.

I have tried uninstalling Virtual Cable but still nothing. If I unselect Mute and DeEmphasise in UniTrunker i can hear the P25 audio but you cannot understand it, it’s static. so I know there’s audio I’m receiving.

Below is a link to my photos if you need to see them to get a better understanding.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tYmyG9vo6AbloFmJzJG4FUd6l1S5bCt_

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Try setting the digital output of your Control Channel dongle to the default system audio and only have the Voice channel dongle set for your VB-Cable for digital. The analog should also be set to default audio.

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
The picture of your screen is not very good so I can't give you specific instructions. But, I can tell by the picture that you need to set up your batch file or command line you use to start DSD+ with so that the VB cable is the input and your system speakers are your output. Look in the DSD+ text file for how to set this up. Look at the window in the upper right hand corner of the screen shot picture to determine the proper device numbers.

RyanLagois

Premium Subscriber
Try setting the digital output of your Control Channel dongle to the default system audio and only have the Voice channel dongle set for your VB-Cable for digital. The analog should also be set to default audio.
Thank you, I will try this when I get home!

frazpo

"I believe the audio isn’t getting from Uni Trunker to DSD+"

Remember you should have "digital output" going to DSD+ on the voice receiver. Not audio.

frazpo

This setting may not matter for this setup but for what its worth my signal side is set to "unspecified" for the digital output.

bharvey2

I use the same setup (pretty much) On your Universal Trunker screen: If you select the receiver used for voice, under the CONTROL tab, is the digital output set to VB Audio? That's how mine is set up. Not sure if this is your issue but that's what comes to mind.

frazpo

I use the same setup (pretty much) On your Universal Trunker screen: If you select the receiver used for voice, under the CONTROL tab, is the digital output set to VB Audio? That's how mine is set up. Not sure if this is your issue but that's what comes to mind.

I agree. I think that may be his problem.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The obvious problem is that the DSDPlus input is set for microphone, not vb cable. No matter what the dongles are set to, nothing will enter DSDPlus.

You would need a batch file that at least tells DSDPlus to use input 3, which from his screenshot is vb cable. I can't really make out what DSDPlus output is set for.

DSDPlus.exe -i3

Make a text file with the above text in it. Save it. Then change the .txt (dot txt) to .bat (dot bat) and give it a name. Anything will do, like Start DSDPlus. As long as you know what file it is.. Then put it in your DSDPlus folder and run it.

In the screen shot you posted, it shows all the inputs and outputs that DSDPlus can use. You have choices for 3 inputs and 4 outputs listed. Then the next 2 lines define what DSDPlus is using. So the last input entry should be showing vb cable. And the last output should show speakers.

jl2s

Unitrunker and DSD +
I am trying to decode APCO P25 but there is no audio going into DSD+

Forget UNItrunker and DSD+

Get SDRtrunk and you'll have a crystal clear decode. I had nothing but frustration with both UNItrunk and DSD+ fastlane. Started using SDRtrunk and was simply amazed at the clear decodes.

KD8DVR

Forget UNItrunker and DSD+

Get SDRtrunk and you'll have a crystal clear decode. I had nothing but frustration with both UNItrunk and DSD+ fastlane. Started using SDRtrunk and was simply amazed at the clear decodes.

The version 2 beta of Unitrunker has native p25 phase 1 decode. No more DSD+. Totally beats DSD+. It's available via the Google Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.