DSD+ DMR & TIII Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
At the risk of sounding stupid, I'm not sure what the difference is between the DMR and TIII settings in the dsd+ frequencies file. I've been using DMR for all of the DMR one frequency systems I've found, but have never used TIII for anything. What exactly is it and when should I use it? Maybe I just don't have any TIII systems here and never seen it come up on my 436, all I have seen is DMR along with the others like cap, con, prv, etc. Thanks in advance.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Tier 3 is DMR trunking (typically multiple frequencies).

Thank you UPMan. So what would the 436HP show when I receive a Tier 3 frequency? I've seen CAP, CON, DMR, and PRV. Is there a separate one for Tier 3?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
At the risk of sounding stupid, I'm not sure what the difference is between the DMR and TIII settings in the dsd+ frequencies file. I've been using DMR for all of the DMR one frequency systems I've found, but have never used TIII for anything. What exactly is it and when should I use it? Maybe I just don't have any TIII systems here and never seen it come up on my 436, all I have seen is DMR along with the others like cap, con, prv, etc. Thanks in advance.

No need to add any reference to TIII entries in your DSDPlus.* files unless you specifically find a frequency that, when monitored with DSDPlus, shows as TIII down in the bottom corner. A TIII site will show up specifically as such, just like DSDPlus reveals CAP+, CON+, DMR, P25, etc.

Mike

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
No need to add any reference to TIII entries in your DSDPlus.* files unless you specifically find a frequency that, when monitored with DSDPlus, shows as TIII down in the bottom corner. A TIII site will show up specifically as such, just like DSDPlus reveals CAP+, CON+, DMR, P25, etc.

Mike

Thanks mtindor:
I monitor and search for many frequencies, but I don't think I've seen the TIII show up yet. Maybe there is none in my area. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.