Unitrunker - Two Different Sets of Talkgroups To Follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Boh

I was looking for the best way to accomplish the following, I figured someone already had some best practice:

Trying to set up three SDR dongles (or VCOs as it were), one for CC, and two (or more) for talkgroup following. I wanted to have one VCO follow one list of talkgroups (i.e. Dispatch) and a second VCO follow a different set (i.e. Tactical), but wanted to make sure that the one set to follow dispatch didn't also follow tac channels and vise-versa. All on the same system/site.

What's the best way to set this up?

Thanks in advance!

KD8DVR

I was looking for the best way to accomplish the following, I figured someone already had some best practice:

Trying to set up three SDR dongles (or VCOs as it were), one for CC, and two (or more) for talkgroup following. I wanted to have one VCO follow one list of talkgroups (i.e. Dispatch) and a second VCO follow a different set (i.e. Tactical), but wanted to make sure that the one set to follow dispatch didn't also follow tac channels and vise-versa. All on the same system/site.

What's the best way to set this up?

Thanks in advance!
Well, it really doesn't work that way. What happens if both vcos go active at the same time? You hear a merge of both. Best thing to do is set your priorities. If you lock out a talkgroup, it locks it out systemwide...on all vcos. Multi dongle setups are used to monitor several system's control channels...then audio is piped thru a single voice dongle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.