DSDPlus New public version? 2+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi
I keep checking the DSDPlus.com site hoping to see a new version other than 1.101 that was released on Christmas 2015.
Are we going to see a public release anytime soon or is it monetary only?

“Fully tested public releases will continue to be released, approximately every 6 months.”

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Just subscribe to fast lane. It only costs $25.00, in contrast pretty low compared to buying a new scanner or even a uniden upgrade!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes I have thought of thst but my point is if the developer is not going to release anymore public (freeware) versions he should come out and say it.
Don't lead us on by saying a public (non-fastlane) version will be available about every six months then leave us hanging for two years.

hamtrektng

The "FREE" public version is standalone and limited to features only implemented in the Fast Lane versions thus is useful for new users of DSD+ etc.

Ubbe

I agree, there should be a statement where it says it will be no more free updates after 2015, and not every 6 months.

/Ubbe

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Yes I have thought of thst but my point is if the developer is not going to release anymore public (freeware) versions he should come out and say it.
Don't lead us on by saying a public (non-fastlane) version will be available about every six months then leave us hanging for two years.

The developer doesn't owe you anything, including explanations.

Just man up with the $25.

thewraith2008

Don't forget there is a $10 option - Updates for year.

This is truly a great bit of software and well worth the investment. I couldn't recommend it more.
The developer is great and quick to work with you in solving issues. Even adding features.
Improvements to FMP24 have made it possible to run more efficiently on older hardware.
The list goes on.

M105

I am hoping the upcoming 3.xx fast lane version includes decoding for P25 phase II and the current 2.98 version becomes the public release. It would make sense as it would give users incentive to join the fast lane program.

molay

It is very possible that many Fast Lane subscribers contributed their money not only to have those private features but to contribute to the development of DSD project and the scanner community in general .. that includes the written promise by DSDplus author that free public versions would be published every 6 months.

Without detracting from the work of dsdplus author, he simply has not kept his word to people who have paid.

kma371

QRT
I get my version every couple months and I paid for the Fast lane version.

ki5sr

Any notion on how long it should take for a new sign-up to the Fastlane group to see their first upgrade these days? I sent in $25 about a week ago and haven't received a current release or any acknowledgment of my contribution. And yes—junk folders checked thoroughly.

slicerwizard

I would think that it would be less than 24 hours unless your payment was held up for some reason. Never heard of anyone waiting a week, at least not until your post. I'd send an email to the fast lane Gmail address and ask them what's up.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This is the silliest thing ever posted on RR.

It is very possible that many Fast Lane subscribers contributed their money not only to have those private features but to contribute to the development of DSD project and the scanner community in general .. that includes the written promise by DSDplus author that free public versions would be published every 6 months.

Without detracting from the work of dsdplus author, he simply has not kept his word to people who have paid.

hamradionl

Why is that silly?
I often donate without using software, simply because i like support free GNU developers and know its lot of work to program codes

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's not the silly part. The silly part is stating that the DSD+ developers "owe" anything to people who don't pay for the Fast Lane version. They have zero obligation to give away a free version.

Why is that silly?
I often donate without using software, simply because i like support free GNU developers and know its lot of work to program codes

Status
Not open for further replies.