Unitrunker Voice Channel Doesn't Follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daylight420

I'm trying to use Unitrunker with 2 RTL-SDR dongles. The main channel health is 100%, but the voice one is 0, and i can't hear anything. What am i doing wrong?

Screenshot Attached.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 265
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 278
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 265

pinkfish457

Set both the Audio Output and Digital Output in the signal VCO to Unspecified. It will send both channels to the second VCO.

If you are running a P25 signal set the frequency in the second VCO to a frequency near the control channel frequency, eg 866.500. On an analog system looks okay.

Daylight420

Set both the Audio Output and Digital Output in the signal VCO to Unspecified. It will send both channels to the second VCO.

If you are running a P25 signal set the frequency in the second VCO to a frequency near the control channel frequency, eg 866.500. On an analog system looks okay.

I tried this before, doesn't work. Maybe the wirdest thing here is the frequencies, in the signal VCO i've put 169MH, but all the other is around 866MH.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What system is that? Can you post a link?

Freq's go from 851.xxx to 866.xxx? Signal VCO park value set to 169.6500 with 800 MHz freqs?

moonbounce

In the signal receiver clear the box for deemphasis and show your info screens, you sure your PPM for the dongle is correct.

MB

Daylight420

What system is that? Can you post a link?

Freq's go from 851.xxx to 866.xxx? Signal VCO park value set to 169.6500 with 800 MHz freqs?

It's not from database, just channel i've found myself. At the first time there were no frequencies, after hitting the wizard button and choose 'standart' (the other options gave similar results) the frequencies appeared, all of them around 860mh.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's not from database, just channel i've found myself.

Where are you located then? City and State? I never saw that before, with 169.xxx mixed with 800.xxx freqs.

At the first time there were no frequencies, after hitting the wizard button and choose 'standart' (the other options gave similar results) the frequencies appeared, all of them around 860mh.

Did you hit the band plan wizard?

Also, 851. to 866. is like 15MHz. You would need more than 2 rtl sdr dongles.

Daylight420

Did you hit the band plan wizard?

No. What is it?

Also, 851. to 866. is like 15MHz. You would need more than 2 rtl sdr dongles.

Why? one dongle listen to control channel, and the other follow the voice channel wherever it is. why there's a limit?

I don't know what is going on with this channel, so i attach screenshots of ANOTHER channel. Again, nothing works.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 178
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 186
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 173
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 181
  • G.PNG
    G.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 185

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's not from database, just channel i've found myself. At the first time there were no frequencies, after hitting the wizard button and choose 'standart' (the other options gave similar results) the frequencies appeared, all of them around 860mh.

If you went in something and choose standard, that sounds like the band plan wizard.

Why? one dongle listen to control channel, and the other follow the voice channel wherever it is. why there's a limit?.

Yes, there is a limit. The standard rtl sdr dongle only covers about 2.5MHz. The freqs shown in your first pic span 15MHz. You can not cover that span with 1 rtl dongle. And now you have different freqs shown in your last pic.

The way unitrunker works is, after you set up your signal and voice vco's, you need to supply it with a control channel. It does not do that automatically. If you have a radio reference subscription, you can have unitrunker download the system . But otherwise, you need to supply the control channel, and tell unitrunker what it is, like motorola, provoice, apco p25 etc. Otherwise it wont work properly.

I don't know what is going on with this channel, so i attach screenshots of ANOTHER channel. Again, nothing works.

It would really help if you listed your city and state. Then we could try to look up what you might be hearing. I could be wrong, but I have never seen an 800MHz system using a VHf freq as a park channel.

moonbounce

I would say you need to find the control frequency for the system you are trying to listen to and apply it to the Signal Park frequency. I am sure you have the wrong control channel plugged in so Unitrunker is not getting the correct information, so nothing is going to be heard.

Daylight420

It would really help if you listed your city and state. Then we could try to look up what you might be hearing. I could be wrong, but I have never seen an 800MHz system using a VHf freq as a park channel.

It don't like to post my location publicly, but it doesn't matter - i'm outside of the US, and no trunked stations are listed in my area in the database.

could it be that i'm not on the control channel? I'm new to SDR, anything is possible...

is there a way to send you a private message? I'm also (obviously) new in this forum, NO idea how it works.

moonbounce

Down load SDR Sharp, set it up for the frequency band you want to monitor for eg. 866 Mhz to 868 Mhz and you will see the control channels.

MB

mciupa

Database Admin
Your SVC (service) in your screenshot shows eEM. That is encrypted Emergency Message.

Think about it for a minute.

Last edited:

Daylight420

Another weird is that i hear on the headphones digital (undecoded) sound, although i set to the headphones just the analog output.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
The system is also TDMA. Can UT follow/trunktrack TDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.