Dsdplus background too noisy and weird mic sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

On most protocols I tested with (dmr, p25, nxdn48) there are lots that have loud noisy background audio usually from the dispatchers and sometimes the units for some reason. For example I was listening to a DMR con+ system and some of the dispatchers for the tow companies and EMS companies and many more have a weird echoey mic making it hard for me to understand through DSD+. Also when someone keys up and doesnt talk there is a weird annoying wind type sound lol but my friend who has a tytera DMR radio sounds fine on his end with no weird noises. This is on multiple systems not just that one trunked one I talked about. I also have Fastlane 2.113. I have two zip attachments with the noises on DMR. Hopefully next fastlane update will have crystal clear sound lol.

Attachments

• some weird dmr sounds from dsd+.zip
    183.7 KB · Views: 19
  • more mumble dmr.zip
    109.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

moonbounce

I like DSD+ 1.101 and FMP, the audio is crystal clear. If I use Unitrunker and DSD+ 1.101, audio is not so good. I know this won't mean much to the OP but I just wanted to make the comparison.

I don't use the fastlane version as I think it would be way over my head, and I refuse to get a Paypal account.

MB

LD723

I like DSD+ 1.101 and FMP, the audio is crystal clear. If I use Unitrunker and DSD+ 1.101, audio is not so good. I know this won't mean much to the OP but I just wanted to make the comparison.

I don't use the fastlane version as I think it would be way over my head, and I refuse to get a Paypal account.

MB

It would be awsome if dsdplus used the same vocoders as the dmr,p25 etc radios just like the tetra decoder for sdrsharp so it can sound exaclty like an actual digital radio lol but I dont know how that would work

Status
Not open for further replies.