DSD+, Unitrunker and Virtual Audio Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakevilleVFD

Hi All,
I feel like I'm beating an old drum here; having some trouble with DSD+ audio and errors trying to decode P25. See the attached capture from DSD+. The audio is just terrible, barely getting anything legible. I've tried with both VB-Cable and Virtual Audio Cable. VB-Cable only gives me "Input" in unitrunker as the output device, and "output" as the input device for DSD+ (?). Virtual audio cable Line 1 works, DSD+ is picking it up, but the output is mostly garbage. What I'm trying to do is have it legible so that I can hook in the FD e-dispatch system when we switch to TMR in the next week or so.
Here are the radios I'm using: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HA642SW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 of. With full signal on control channel etc etc. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

EDIT: Reading through other posts, I found this from DRL-XM43, my audio sounds the same, with a little garbled voice: https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...ps://1drv.ms/u/s!AlZVrkuVcHYMtjidcwuZ4nVHSuiA

Any insight is very much appreciated.

DT

Attachments

• capture.png
    capture.png
    20 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

slicerwizard

You're probably monitoring a system that uses PSK modulation. If so, pick one:

a) add -mp (optimize for PSK modulation) to the DSD+ command line

b) use a newer version of Unitrunker that doesn't require DSD+ for voice synthesis

c) use DSD+ Fast Lane version (handles PSK much better)

d) use SDRTrunk

e) use OP25 (if you're ok with running Linux)

LakevilleVFD

b) use a newer version of Unitrunker that doesn't require DSD+ for voice synthesis

d) use SDRTrunk

Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated. I am testing with PSK option this morning.
I actually had luck rolling unitrunker back to v1.32.07. Even on the latest version without DSD+, the audio was no good. I am also looking into fast lane, right now I'm just working on it being functional so I can kick the e-dispatch system over once we go live (some time this week).
I may look into SDRTrunk and/or OP25 in the near future for mobile monitoring on my RPi3 (repurposed my stalled AHRS project from my ultralight).

Resolution: Roll back to previous version of Unitrunker.

Of all the similar threads I've read, the common theme was no resolution, or OP just never came back. If we could add RESOLVED to the original title, maybe that will help others. Thank you :)

jl2s

d) use SDRTrunk

^^^
This answer should become a forum sticky regarding UniTrunker.

Every other week there seems to be a similar question regarding the old UniTrunker.
UniTrunker v1.x is outdated and no longer being worked on. There is a newer UniTrunker version 2.x does NOT require DSDplus. To get access to newer version of UniTrunker you must join the UniTrunker google group.

LakevilleVFD

^^^
This answer should become a forum sticky regarding UniTrunker.

Every other week there seems to be a similar question regarding the old UniTrunker.
UniTrunker v1.x is outdated and no longer being worked on. There is a newer UniTrunker version 2.x does NOT require DSDplus. To get access to newer version of UniTrunker you must join the UniTrunker google group.

I did NOT know that.....
Agree with the sticky post with that information. I will lookup the group today, thank you for the info.

DT

cg

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker V1 is NOT outdated, it is the last public release. V2 is beta and that is why the download is restricted to those on the Google group. There are still bugs in the V2 software that are constantly being found and fixed.
That said, you can use it and participate in the improvement process. Take some time to look through the archive of the group.

chris

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Unitrunker V1 is NOT outdated, it is the last public release. V2 is beta and that is why the download is restricted to those on the Google group. There are still bugs in the V2 software that are constantly being found and fixed.
That said, you can use it and participate in the improvement process. Take some time to look through the archive of the group.

chris

Also V2 will only work on 64 bit machines, I can't use it on either of my computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.