New DSD+ FL - Nov 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Surprised there is no discussion on this yet... I'm sure the Phase II will be popular! Full release notes are with the update, but here are the highlights...

DSD+ 2.145

Memory usage has been further reduced

The -mp (PSK optimizations) command line option has been removed;
Optimizations for FM demodulated PSK signals are now automatically applied

The maximum length for network/site/group/radio alias text has been increased to 140 characters

The leading asterisk (*"...") used for OTA NXDN radio aliases in the DSDPlus.radios file
is now also used for OTA D-Star, Fusion, DMR and P25 radio aliases

Improved decoding of D-Star GPS messages

Added decoding of standard DMR talker alias and talker GPS messages

Added detection of Motorola TX Interruptible voice calls

Added decoding of Hytera emergency activations

Added decoding of P25 status update, message update and talker alias messages

By request, added a new data file named DSDPlus.P25Data;
DSD+ auto-records P25 trunking system information for each monitored system/site.
Information includes system IDs, system bandplans, site numbers, site NACs, site BSIs,
site neighbors, site channels and their usage (CC/SCC/voice/data)

Added P25 Phase II trunktracking and voice decoding

thewraith2008

Also from the NOTES.TXT and important for users of LRRP.
Code:
  LRRP 1.17

Open Streetmap servers have returned to accepting HTTP connections, [b][color=green]so the stunnel
    program is currently not needed to download map tiles.[/color][/b] LRRP 1.17 connects directly
    to the Open Streetmap servers instead of relying on HTTPS connections through stunnel.

hamtrektng

Sooooo waiting for this one!! Should be hours + hours of fun. Glad DSD have finally added more OTA features ;-)

@forts, How did you get notified of this release?

Thankyou.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Is anyone else having issues decoding P25 control channels? When I switch between different control channels I'm getting a lot of CRC FAIL messages. If I close and restart DSD+ then the decode is perfect.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sooooo waiting for this one!! Should be hours + hours of fun. Glad DSD have finally added more OTA features ;-)

@forts, How did you get notified of this release?

Thankyou.
Got the email with the new version.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is anyone else having issues decoding P25 control channels? When I switch between different control channels I'm getting a lot of CRC FAIL messages. If I close and restart DSD+ then the decode is perfect.

Make sure your FMPA (or FMP24, whichever you use) is set to 9.5 khz filtering. And if you are monitoring a simulcast site you must use FMPA or FMP24 as the control receiver.

Are you using a 0.x ppm dongle or an Airspy? Or are you using one of the ancient dongles with that tend to be off frequency? If so, you'll have to give FMPA|24 time to hone in on the signal if it happens to be off frequency.

Mike

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I am impatiently waiting on my email today; can't wait to start playing with it myself.

rdwilson

Feed Provider
Thanks Mike. Setting the bandwidth did the trick. Currently monitoring Plano, TX P25 Phase II with the latest fastlane.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Anybody playing with the DSDplus.p25data file? I am having a hard time getting it to update after I change sites

--- disregard, apparently I need to be a little patient.

THIS is my 9,000th post? Sigh... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.