DSD+ Fastlane: P25 decoding woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

I recently upgraded the the Fastlane version and can't get P25 decoding on my local trunk working as well as it's working in the old version. Both were tuned with dsdtune and the settings are below. I can't figure out what i have wrong in the new one. Any ideas?

Fastlane:
DSDPlus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i3 -o1 -g0 -u3 -ds57 -dd99 -dv30 -M32 -f1

Old version:
DSDPlus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i3 -o1 -u3 -dr3 -dh8 -ds56 -dd39 -dv17 -M15 -fa

Screenshot shows them both decoding the same stream. I tried matching the settings for ds,dd,dv and M and had no luck.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDplusP25.jpg
    DSDplusP25.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 449

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
How about posting all of the details about your input source.

1. FMP24 ?
2. FMP ?
3. FMPA ?
4. SDR# ?
5. Some other SDR software ?
6. Discriminator tap ?

If you're using SDR software, make sure you DISable "filtered audio". You do that differently depending upon the SDR software you are using . Make sure your bandwidth on the SDR is set right (9500 is good on SDRSharp).

I highly doubt that the DSDPlus application has made any change for the worse. I'm thinking you need to look at your inputs

Mike

BobLoblaw

Yeah, I'm sure it's something I'm doing. I'm new to this...

I'm using Unitrunker as the input (as i haven't figured out DSDplus trunking yet). Same input for both DSDplus applications. It has been working great for months with these settings on the the old DSDplus.

Screenshots of Unitrunker attached

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Unitrunker2.jpg
    Unitrunker2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Unitrunker1.jpg
    Unitrunker1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 395

M105

Yeah, I'm sure it's something I'm doing. I'm new to this...

I'm using Unitrunker as the input (as i haven't figured out DSDplus trunking yet). Same input for both DSDplus applications. It has been working great for months with these settings on the the old DSDplus.

Screenshots of Unitrunker attached

Thanks for the help.

You should give it a try with FMP24 using the TCP linking method which auto tunes your dongles. A batch file to do it is here if you are interested.
http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...dsd-fastlane-latest-please-3.html#post3025537

BobLoblaw

I am interested but haven't been able to get that working either. I have a batch file similar to yours. The CC shows the call/group/frequency info but the VC doesnt tune in to any calls.

slicerwizard

If you want to go the ghetto route of FM demodulation via Unitrunker, you should do a new tuning run. Record some fresh raw audio of a voice call and then feed it to dsdtune v0.1.2

BobLoblaw

I used dsdtune v0.1.2 with 5 min of fresh raw audio. The first picture in the original post shows the results. I've tried multiple recordings but can't get it decode nearly as well as the older version even after significant tuning.

LD723

Yeah with the latest update I have been getting more unusual p25 errors that wouldn't be there in any other version and I only use FMP24 with tcp linking to decode audio on multiple systems.

BobLoblaw

I got it all setup with FMP24 and DSDPlus. Ran another tune but still having the errors on decoding voice.

thedrizzle

I have a lot of moving parts, and my system is very variable as far as quality (eg: it has good runs and bad runs), so its a moving target, but upgrading to the fastlane for my P25 p1 system seems to have had a bit more of a negative effect also.

I haven't retuned, but did remove the -mp (which it made me do), but was considering a roll-back. Like I said, I'm cycling through other issues at the moment also (Simulcast issues, antenna placement, etc) so I'm not able to point any fingers, or give any additional proof it changed, but wanted to voice up that my experience slightly seems like yours FWIW. I wish my output looked as clean as your pre-upgrade ones.

M105

I got it all setup with FMP24 and DSDPlus. Ran another tune but still having the errors on decoding voice.

Hopefully you got it running and tuning as it should. The system I am monitoring is probably 90% Phase 2 but the occasional P1 voice seems to work ok. I don't really get enough traffic on P1 to test the FL version verses the public release so can't give you much help there I am afraid. I'll say the standard stuff, check your gain setting on the VC copy and do what you can to get a strong signal coming in on the antenna.

BobLoblaw

I never got it working well. Antenna/gain/receive is all fine. I can pipe the same signal through the FL version and the old version simultaneously and the FL version will just never decode as well as the old version.

I'm just going back to the old version with Unitrunker and hoping a FL update improves this in the future. Trunking in DSDplus seems nice but without clear audio it's not really an improvement.

slicerwizard

If it's not clear, I'd say you're doing something wrong. It would help if you'd post the four batch files you're using. And a screen shot that shows *everything* would be awesome.

BobLoblaw

Here's a screenshot of them side by side. Same audio but the FL release always has errors. I've tried dsdtune with multiple samples many times. I don't have any issues with FMP or trunking, the issue is specifically with decoding audio in the FL version. I just used Unitrunker here so i could run both versions of DSDplus simultaneously for the screenshot.
The bat file used for the FL version:
DSDPlus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i3 -o3 -g0 -u3 -ds57 -dd100 -dv24 -M15 -f1

And the old version:
DSDPlus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i3 -o1 -g0 -u3 -dr3 -dh8 -ds56 -dd39 -dv17 -M15 -fa

Both settings are from using dsdtune with raw audio from this same P25 system I used for the screenshot.

Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/lBBevyx. Let me know if there's something specific you want to see.
***Edit, i just realized i had deemphasis left on in the screenshot. I know i shouldn't use this for digital (was using analog before this). I still have issues on P25 with demphasis off***

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

Here's a screenshot of "everything" using FMP: https://imgur.com/HXBLqWt

Let me know if there's something you want to see that i missed. Thanks again

Batch files are:
VC:
FMP24 -rv -i1 -o20002 -P0 -g35 -b12.5

DSDPlus -v2 >VC.log -O NUL -I0 -i3 -o1 -g0 -u3 -ds57 -dd99 -dv30 -M32 -f1

CC:
FMP24 -rc -i2 -o20001 -P52 -f853.775 -g30 -b12.5

DSDPlus -v2 -rc -O NUL -I0 -i20001 -g0 -u3 -ds57 -dd100 -dv24 -M15 -fa >cc.log -wsl93.-3823 -wss200.300 -wel192.-3808 -wes612.989 -weh15 -wcl223.1 -wch15

slicerwizard

You have FMP24 sending data via TCP port 20002, but you have nothing listening to that port. You have DSD+ listening to input audio device number 3 - which is what? And what data is on it? You have no DSD+ with a voice role (-rv). Your screenshot only shows one DSD+ console window. Your screenshot doesn't show any source audio waveforms. Your VC FMP24 PPM value is not set correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.