Active shooter - D.C. Naval yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4a3t

They've moved SWAT to 166.8500 which is out of range as it doesn't hit a repeater. USPP are continuing to clear the building.

m4a3t

Encryption causing communications problems between Fairfax-1 helicopter and MPD.

m4a3t

Raw information. USPP and MPD responding to Bolling AFB for a possible active shooter.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
The necessity for secure communications in particular situations is appreciated. That said, encrypted public safety radio systems in the US are and have been an unmitigated disaster.

I always thought it was supposed to support interoperability. I hope they get the bugs out. Hearing they got "a gunman" lots of reports of multiple shooters, locations.

wiz4769

How can this totally go quiet? Even if most goes to encrypted, there is always some talk between the other parts of PD in the clear. Not every radio or department is usually encrypted. I have a feeling the user has it switched off or something so its not on the air.

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
How can this totally go quiet? Even if most goes to encrypted, there is always some talk between the other parts of PD in the clear. Not every radio or department is usually encrypted. I have a feeling the user has it switched off or something so its not on the air.

I would tend to agree. I would think given the amount of agencies involved a number of in the clear mutual aid frequencies would be in use.

Sile

Premium Subscriber
Washington DC Fire and EMS archives missing/broken/silent

Really unfortunate - the archives of Washington DC Fire and EMS from today are either mostly missing (as in many files are only a few minutes long), or where there is a standard length file, the audio is flatlined after about 15 minutes in each file.

jaaredmond

I've noticed that some files were missing the other day on my local stream. Also, if the file was even there, it only played 15 mins worth.....

Sile

Premium Subscriber
Really unfortunate - the archives of Washington DC Fire and EMS from today are either mostly missing (as in many files are only a few minutes long), or where there is a standard length file, the audio is flatlined after about 15 minutes in each file.

The thing is, I know the audio was working as a live stream, because I was listening to it all morning.

So I'm curious how the recording software seems to have cut in and out randomly...couldn't have been a computer setting, I don't think, as the aberrations are not consistent.

I realize it's a huge commitment to provide streams/archives to RadioReference, and I do appreciate it. Bummer for this particular set of audio, though - will now be impossible to thoroughly review the events of yesterday, unless someone else has recorded a stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.