DC FD Auto Dispatch vs. Human Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
I just updated my PSR800 tonight using the EZ Scan software.

After monitoring DCFD for a while, I noticed that I was not hearing the "human voice" dispatch 01 channel. I can only get the "Auto" Dispatch.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

dtscho

Database Admin
I believe talkgroup 1616 and 40000 are patched together - that may be why the PSR-800 is acting that way.

Dave

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip. I'll lock out 40000 and see if that works. I'll report back

command_z

Premium Subscriber
I locked out 40000 and 40032. But I still cannot hear 1616. Any other ideas?

Thanks and happy NY

dtscho

Database Admin
They're using a patch between 1616 and 40000. If you lock out 40000, you're not going to hear dispatches on 1616. The scanner does not "see" two talkgroups, only a single one.

The same thing would happen if you locked out 1616; you wouldn't hear 40000.

Hope this helps.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
Another thing - I don't think DCFD routinely uses a human voice to dispatch anymore, only the automated one. So if you're trying to set the scanner up so that you get human dispatches, you're out of luck unfortunately.

Dave

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Another thing - I don't think DCFD routinely uses a human voice to dispatch anymore, only the automated one. So if you're trying to set the scanner up so that you get human dispatches, you're out of luck unfortunately.

Dave

Ok, I hear the auto voice dispatch on the Washington DC Project 16 system, but I don't hear anthing else.....no reply as to enroute, onscene?

beastieboy101

Ok, I hear the auto voice dispatch on the Washington DC Project 16 system, but I don't hear anthing else.....no reply as to enroute, onscene?

The DCFD doesn't respond with any voice traffic unless it is a major incident. They use the MDC to communicate with Dispatch normally for routine traffic.

beastieboy101

Ok, thanks.....and what about the patient report to the hospitals?

On talkgroup 1936 or sometimes 2720 the ambulance will usually contact the ELO (EMS Liaison Officer) with patient info and request a certain hospital to transport to. But the ELO makes the decision on where to send the ambulance based on how busy the requested hospitals are at that time. The ambulance will then switch to the Hospitals 0Hxx talkgroup. The hospital talkgroups are in the 2272-2512 range.

I don't listen to DCFD much; only when I am at work and bored.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't listen to DCFD much; only when I am at work and bored.

It's the only thing you can hear on DC's 700 & 800 system, except for Citiwide One asking for a crane or detective for a different district's channel & The random chatter now and again on an "off" talkgroup.

Damn you, Cathy Lanier

JK :(

JamesO

An correct me if I am wrong, because I just started listening to Wash DC PD, it appears that most of the PD channels are now scrambled, not encrypted?

I just received my Uniden 536HP and just entered my Zip Code and the P25 Metro PD has all appeared scrambled unless there is an issue with the decoding/signal on my scanner.

dtscho

Database Admin
MPD is encrypted, except for Citywide 1. For some reason, however, the 436/536 pass the audio when they stop on an encrypted MPD talkgroup. The scanners are supposed to mute the audio. I'm not sure why they're not with MPD; they mute the audio on encrypted talkgroups on other systems I've scanned.

Dave

DPM

Noticed the same on my 536, almost appears as JamesO above suggested, that the voice is scrambled, not encrypted as the ENC indicator does not come on.

JamesO

I think MPD is scrambled and not encrypted.

I have only had my 536HP for a few days, but I did seem to pick up some Secret Service traffic that was showing up as Enc and the squelch did not break.

Seems that many Police Departments are starting to use scrambling on some TG due to all the streaming scanners and smart phone apps. The scumbags can figure out a phone app and it is free, where a scanner costs money and takes brains to figure them out.

Anyway, I added a scrambled audio block in the Firmware Wish List thread, but the problem with voice scrambling, is it may not have a flag in the data stream?

CqDx

For everyone's note, Talkgroup 101 on the P25 system now simulcasts DCFD 01 Dispatch in FDMA. It took me a while to get used to the automatic dispatch voice but otherwise it is pretty decent.

DickH

For everyone's note, Talkgroup 101 on the P25 system now simulcasts DCFD 01 Dispatch in FDMA. It took me a while to get used to the automatic dispatch voice but otherwise it is pretty decent.

My apologies to any dispatchers out there, but I think the auto voice, Locution, or whatever you call it, is much better than decent. The speed, volume and pronunciation are always the same. No more mumbling, mispronouncing, fast talk, low volume, high volume, etc., etc.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
My apologies to any dispatchers out there, but I think the auto voice, Locution, or whatever you call it, is much better than decent. The speed, volume and pronunciation are always the same. No more mumbling, mispronouncing, fast talk, low volume, high volume, etc., etc.
Locution is used in places like Houston and Charlotte Fire Station Alerting System | Locution Systems Colorado . DCFD and FDNY use Purvis PURVIS Public Safety Technology, Public Safety Management Systems . Arlington County and others use Westnet Westnet INC. Fire Station Alerting Systems - Home . Not everyone goes full tilt and connects their dispatch channel to the alerting system, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.