DC Police narcotics/vice squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2wheel

DC Police narcotics/vice squad are doing busts on tg: 19408 [listed in db as Violent Crimes/Homicide]. Good stuff.
-dc2wheel

mlevin

It's probably not a good idea to post this info as the busts are going on. This can pose a possible threat to officer safety. Unlikely, but possible nonetheless.

dc2wheel

These are dime-bag dealers in front of a laundromat - they're saving up for their next 40oz, never mind a $500+ scanner. The biggest threat to safety going on here is the officer's inability to articulate their locations & lookouts of suspects. :roll: If they want secrecy all they need to do is flip their radios to encryption mode. DC's a little different from Bal'mer...hon :)

mlevin

I undertsand that most of the time a criminal won't have a $500 scanner on them. However, if I where a cop I'd probably get kinda gitty if I saw someone posting info about my drug raid while it was going on. Just trying to give a little adivce, no harm meant.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Thing about the dope dealer with the $500 scanner, I'll bet it has a very questionable lineage (read stolen). As the one of the characters in the comic strip "Boondocks" said a year or so ago. He wouldn't buy anything he could steal.

I hate to generalize, but odds are this would be the case.

jimmyhat

mlevin,
I agree with you on this one. I'd hate to see this page become a live update of Vice/Narc operations. I think any non-mainstraem op.'s should be left out of these forums. Just my two-cents.

dc2wheel

Sound good to me - no harm intended. To clarify though, these were busts of street level dealers and not 'raids'. Thanks for eveyone being polite about their input - I won't post this kind of stuff again.
-dc2wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.