Federal Way/Seattle WA Police frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry95

I recently bought a radioshack pro-404 radio scanner, and I was wondering if anyone had a list of the frequencies for my area, I looked in the database and didn't really find what I was looking for :(
I'm looking for all the police/fire/emergincy frequencies around king and pierce county in WA. I'm also REALLY new to radios like this, I bought my first one a few days ago. I'm looking for the XXX.XXXx format stations, not sure what they're called. Thank you for any help.

ecps92

The RR DB has all your needs
King County, Washington (WA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Pierce County, Washington (WA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I recently bought a radioshack pro-404 radio scanner, and I was wondering if anyone had a list of the frequencies for my area, I looked in the database and didn't really find what I was looking for :(
I'm looking for all the police/fire/emergincy frequencies around king and pierce county in WA. I'm also REALLY new to radios like this, I bought my first one a few days ago. I'm looking for the XXX.XXXx format stations, not sure what they're called. Thank you for any help.

Marv_Ellis

Unfortunately, you don't really have the right scanner for what you are wanting to listen to. The PRO-404 looks like a fine scanner for monitoring conventional radio systems in the VHF and UHF bands, but much of the public safety communications in the Seattle-King County region are on a trunked radio system in the 800MHz band. Your new scanner neither tracks trunked radio systems, nor receives signals in the 800MHz band.

If you can, return it and get the PRO-164 1000 channel trunking scanner. It does both and I'll wager you'll get far more utility and enjoyment out of it.

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Yep you won't have much luck with any public safety traffic with that scanner. It's non-trunking and trunking capability is a must these days.

Also if you're in pierce county then you may want to consider a P25-capable scanner such as a Uniden 396XT or 996XT. There are a few GRE models as well but stocks are drying up I guess..?

Status
Not open for further replies.