Two licenses for same frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant2169kbm

Hello,

I have been experiencing some interference on a frequency that I have licensed for our entire county. I went to the ULS (FCC) site to see what I could find. It seems that another entity in an adjacent county also has been licensed to use the same frequency. Should I contact the FCC, a frequency coordinator or ???

RBMTS

The FCC usually does not grant any exclusivity to a frequency so there might not be anything you can do except for enabling PL or DPL. You don't say if this is commercial use, amateur use, repeater or simplex. If it is amateur radio related and involves a repeater, you can contact the WWARA that originally coordinated your frequency pair. If commercial, you'll probably need to make nice with your frequency neighbor and pick tones or codes that help the two of you maximize your co-frequency usage.

Grant2169kbm

The FCC usually does not grant any exclusivity to a frequency so there might not be anything you can do except for enabling PL or DPL. You don't say if this is commercial use, amateur use, repeater or simplex. If it is amateur radio related and involves a repeater, you can contact the WWARA that originally coordinated your frequency pair. If commercial, you'll probably need to make nice with your frequency neighbor and pick tones or codes that help the two of you maximize your co-frequency usage.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I am using an 800 MHz Trunked system and so is the other entity. I am licensed at several fixed sites throughout Grant county and throughout the entire county for mobiles. The other entity is licensed for several frequencies at a single site (Only one pair matches ours) and for mobiles in a 112 km radius around that fixed site. Their fixed site is about 17 miles/27 km from our county and is operating with a max ERP of 200 W.

We have apparently been licensed like this for several years but just started receiving reports of intermittent interference over the last 2 months. I am going to contact our Frequency Coordinator to discuss this further. I appreciate your feedback.

im800mhz

Contact the coordinators who did each application. You also need to look at you license to see what your area of operations is, as well as what the other user has for a AOP. You should also make sure you are 100% pure before you go down this road.

Status
Not open for further replies.