Mystery frequency keeps appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhitneysr

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what is going on but keep getting frequency 863.6625 showing up when do not have it configured for the sites, even tried adding it and locking it out but still just randomly pops in and takes over.

Problem began last week.

Attaching screen shot from Proscan which looks identical to scanner display and I have recording showing normal radio traffic then the sound that takes over if wanted, any ideas anyone?

Uniden BCD996XT

Dave

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 399

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Marysville, WA

I think you must be scanning this system. It is a MOT type II system that has been rebanded. I note that the frequency you are showing us (863.6625) is NO LONGER USED by rebanded systems. The "problem" is that you have to select the proper "band plan" in your scanner so it knows the system is rebanded.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I did a little further investigation and found that frequency 863.6625 was identified as channel 506 on original (non-splintered) systems. But on a rebanded system channel 506 decodes as frequency 852.675. And indeed 852.675 is used on site 3 (east simulcast) of the system I believe you are monitoring. With the wrong band plan selected, you are missing voice traffic as your scanner is being directed to the wrong voice channel (as you've shown us).

Status
Not open for further replies.