Seattle PD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
On my Uniden 996P2 I have, sight 1,Seattle Simulcast program for Seattle. I can hear all of Seattle fire,and other Seattle stuff and King County areas,but I don't seem to get/hear Seattle PD,when I'm in Seattle. for some reason.

Should I program sight 3 for Seattle or do I have the correct sight program?
Also what is the current firm ware for the 996P2?
thanks for any help,and suggestions
Midnightcaller

Stavro35

Nothing in Seattle is encrypted. Except the coast guard. And a few federal agencies. Just program in the primary Simulcast frequencies, And you should be fine.

superfreak

Nothing in Seattle is encrypted. Except the coast guard. And a few federal agencies. Just program in the primary Simulcast frequencies, And you should be fine.

That is incorrect. Seattle PD and Seattle FD have access to encrypted talkgroups on the Seattle Simulcast cell. It is not primary usage though.

RBMTS

Seattle Simulcast site 1 is broadcasting all of the PD zones. I'm listening to them now. You might have a programming issue. Did you program your 996P2 via a program or manually? If manually, did you include the custom band plan for rebanding for that site? Programs like ARC and FreeScan will download that data info from RR and push the reband tables to your scanner.

Just a thought.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
And you'll need the correct band plan settings too if you don't already have that...

Site 1 is the correct site for downtown Seattle.

Firmware 1.07.09 is the latest (and probably last) version for the 996P2.

jondeaux

Premium Subscriber
what about band plan? They did a band restructure a while back, if u search for it its out there somewhere. create custom bands... I have 396xt and 436hp that both monitor SPD without issues

Status
Not open for further replies.