WSP TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Post your mystery WSP TGIDs here!

I'll start...

Looking for any info on the below encrypted talkgroups...

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
For those who might not know, these are talk groups on the 700 MHz P2 trunked system and VHF IWN in the Puget Sound area, correct?

- Chris

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
For those who might not know, these are talk groups on the 700 MHz P2 trunked system and VHF IWN in the Puget Sound area, correct?

That they are... but I don't know if it's purely a coincidence or not -- so far the TGIDs I've listed have only been monitored on VHF IWN -- not the 700 Mhz system.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
In Pierce County, on the SS911 system, talkgroups 59197, 59198, and 59199 are WSP simulcasts of Tacoma WSP East, West, and Tacoma C2C so any radio on that system (police, sheriff and fire) can switch to, and communicate to WSP base or mobiles.
With that said, could the 59xxx talkgroups you guys are wondering about be the same on other systems in the state? Per a trooper freind of mine, he says any first responder in the state will have the ability to switch and communicate to the specific WSP dispatch and mobile channels in their area when the project is completed.
So possibly,for a specific 59xxx talkgroup to work, it would need to be programmed into the SYSTEM it is accociated with to be heard?

jparks29

John McClane
In Pierce County, on the SS911 system, talkgroups 59197, 59198, and 59199 are WSP simulcasts of Tacoma WSP East, West, and Tacoma C2C so any radio on that system (police, sheriff and fire) can switch to, and communicate to WSP base or mobiles.
With that said, could the 59xxx talkgroups you guys are wondering about be the same on other systems in the state? Per a trooper freind of mine, he says any first responder in the state will have the ability to switch and communicate to the specific WSP dispatch and mobile channels in their area when the project is completed.
So possibly,for a specific 59xxx talkgroup to work, it would need to be programmed into the SYSTEM it is accociated with to be heard?

WSP uses ISSI on SS911 system, linking the 2 systems..

WSP have access to their own 700 Mhz system, IWN which is a VHF P25 system, VHF conv. P25, and VHF Conv. narrowband analog.. and in some parts of the state, like Pierce county, for example, they can use a local system linked to their system for expanded coverage.

LERN is of course available, and some agencies like King County will link LERN (or MARS), to a talkgroup (Usually PSOPS), and the agencies on different systems can talk seamlessly from their own system/radio.

jparks29

John McClane
That they are... but I don't know if it's purely a coincidence or not -- so far the TGIDs I've listed have only been monitored on VHF IWN -- not the 700 Mhz system.

Most of those TGs. along with other fed M/A, have popped up on the 700 sites as well.

Grego

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that the third number talkgroup is the WSP District number. I have noticed that I no longer hear any car/car traffic on any of the systems that they occupy.

Status
Not open for further replies.