Seafair Blue Angels question = Trx-1 vs 436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondeaux

So I just got a shiny new Trx-1 on friday and brought it out to Seafair Seattle to listen to the Blue Angels.

I noticed a problem with the TRX, when receiving ground maintenance guys it sounded distorted and distant. My initial thought was that it had to do with modulation and maybe the CTCSS coding? The 436 performed fine with no issues. I checked the settings and not sure if it was something on my end when I was manually putting into the Trx..

Anyone else here have any thoughts on this?

justabigham

Premium Subscriber
If you were lakeside for the races and listening for the maintenance crews who were located at Boeing field then it is understandable why they sounded distant. Big hill in the way

jondeaux

it was the same way when I was down on boeing on Saturday. I dont think it was an LOS issue.. otherwise the 436 would have had same reception issue

jondeaux

thats correct, for the purpose of comparing both on performance, I was using stock antennas on both, I dont have an antenna specific for airband. I do have 2 (1 each) for 800 mhz, but since I wasnt monitoring 800 I didnt use that antenna for the air show

Status
Not open for further replies.