Boeing wide Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Just wanted to let individuals know if you visit the Everette WA area, the Boeing Wide area system doesn't operate anymore. I went and stayed at the Hilton Garden hotel, and could not hear anything from what I heard last May. Maybe they went to a P25 encryption type system, or maybe to a different radio system at all. Didn't hear a thing from the old system.

RBMTS

Last that was reported was that not all sites were converted to the new P25 system and that those sites were still on the old system. That was some time ago so we need to get this listing updated.

Devicelab - since you live in Bothell, are you able to monitor Everett? If so, can you gather up some info as to the site ID # for Everett and what frequencies are active on the system? We don't have Everett listed specifically as it was not previously submitted. So if you can gather that information and submit to the Washington DB, that would be a huge help.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Last that was reported was that not all sites were converted to the new P25 system and that those sites were still on the old system. That was some time ago so we need to get this listing updated.

Well if you look at the old analog sites they were using frequencies that are now in the rebanded portion of the trunking spectrum. I just saw a few of those frequencies being used as voice channels for the KCERS system.

I think it's pretty safe to say these are now defunct. Perhaps there's an odd exception but I think most [if not all] are dead.

No I don't regularly get up to Everett and can't hear them from my location.

RBMTS

I had to be in Mukilteo today so I did a site survey of the Boeing Paine Field P25 system. I updated the site and frequencies for the "Site 019".

TRD_Mike

I had to be in Mukilteo today so I did a site survey of the Boeing Paine Field P25 system. I updated the site and frequencies for the "Site 019".
Pretty sure the Boeing Everett site 19 is a 15 channel P25 system. I only see 10 freqs for site 19 on the Boeing P25 page.
Also, Boeing has completely switched over to P25. The analog Type II is no longer used throughout Puget Sound.

RBMTS

I don't disagree with you but I sat for an hour monitoring the data channel and those were the only frequencies that were active with voice traffic. This was during the daytime when I would think would have been a pretty peak period. If others monitor it and verify additional frequencies, I'll be happy to add them.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I don't disagree with you but I sat for an hour monitoring the data channel and those were the only frequencies that were active with voice traffic. This was during the daytime when I would think would have been a pretty peak period. If others monitor it and verify additional frequencies, I'll be happy to add them.

Well who cares about the voice frequencies -- just have the *correct* control channel and alternates and everyone will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.