WSP - Still use VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Quick question?

In RR, WSP is still showing the (old) VHF freqs (154 - 158).
Are they still in use somewhere in the state?
Or is everything now on JIWN and 700?

Thanks

RBMTS

All of the above. VHF district dispatch frequencies are still in use in P25 digital mode. The comms are multicasted across the conventional, 700, and 800 systems.

BigMikey2011

Premium Subscriber
District 6 out of Wenatchee uses analog VHF for the Okanogan Detachment, digital & analog for the Wenatchee Detachment.

j86u

First question, do I need a Phase II digital scanner to listen to the digital VHF traffic? Also what percentage of the comms are multicasted? Do I even need to buy a new scanner to continue monitoring WSP?

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
First question, do I need a Phase II digital scanner to listen to the digital VHF traffic? Also what percentage of the comms are multicasted? Do I even need to buy a new scanner to continue monitoring WSP?

If you're just listening to WSP only then you can get buy with a P25 mobile or portable radio and it'll likely sound better.

The cost is dependent on multiple factors but the tricky part is finding someone to program said radio.

If you don't have a digital scanner and are going to buy one anyway, then you definitely want the SDS-100 or wait for the TRX-100/200 series. Neither will be cheap but they'll likely last you a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.