Lakewood Police Department Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackhenderson

Hey everybody...I'm just curious and have a question about what frequencies Lakewood Police are using. From what I understand, the law enforcement in Lakewood is no longer under contract with Pierce County Sheriff and they have formed their own independent police department.

I looked all over the database and couldn't find even a mention of them. Since their department is new, it's possible that it hasn't been updated, but I looked at the page for the local scanner site (Intercept Northwest?) and it says to see Pierce County S.O.

Is Lakewood PD dispatched by the Sheriff's Office, or do they have frequencies of their own that I couldn't find? I'm baffled on this-I'd understand if Lakewood was a community of 5,000 being dispached by the Sheriff's Office, but Lakewood is a community of about 60,000, so I would imagine that if they are not under contract with the S.O. any longer, they would have their own frequencies and dispatch center.

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks!

blake23

Lakewood PD is dispatched by a govermental entity called LESA(Law Enforcement Support Agency) that dispatches for the Pierce County Sheriff Office, Tacoma Police Department, Lakewood Police Department, Dupont Police Department, Edgewood PD, Fircrest PD,Gig Harbor PD, Roy PD, Ruston PD, Steilacoom PD, University Place PD.

With the exception of the Tacoma Police Department, all of the above agencies are dispatched on either Pierce County S.O. West Dispatch or East Dispatch.

Lakewood PD is dispatched on the Pierce County S.O. West Dispatch channel. Callsigns are "LakewoodXXX."

Hope this helps.

Richard

im800mhz

And they will be part of the Tacoma 800 MHz System shortly. Same sort of talkgroup structure as Tacoma. Main talkgroups analog, TAC's digital and encrypted.

onetym282

Lakewood PD Frequencies

Lakewood PD is using the 800mhz system now. They are using the same trunked system frequencies as Tacoma Police - if you scan tacoma, you'll hear Lakewood Police Dept. I'm working on obtianing the frequency identifiers.

n7unn

Lakewood PD

This department is on the trunked system. Look up Tacoma/Puyallup Public Safety Trunking. Lakewood talk groups. It is a Motorola smartzone Type II, Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.