Washington Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Lets sound off here I have started this before so where you from and what ya listen too I am in the north end of Snohomish county. tell us what you use to listen and what you are receiving.

I like to listen to Snohomish sheriff Everett police any any thing that happens around my AO.....

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
OK, Iam from the Lake Stevens area and I listen to the same stuff you do. I have a 396,and a 796 and 2 785 and a 898 I well have a 996 soon I hope

lostdog19

New

I'm in Renton/Issaquah area, and just ordered a Uniden BR330T. I've been away from scanners for a while now. Originally I had a 4 crystal Radio Shack handheld when I was in high school, and then my uncle gave me his old Radio Shack Pro 30, which I recently dug out of storage. That's what got me looking back into the hobby. Of course without the ability to scan trunked systems, it seems all I can listen to is either Metro Bus or State Patrol. Along with that, it appears that the memory in the Pro 30 doesn't hold for longer than a couple minutes when turned off, so I lose whatever I program in there. So I ended up doing a little research which had me ending up with the BR330T as my best bet. I ordered it last night from Beach Audio, and expect to receive it by Thursday or Friday. Now I just need to figure out everything that has changed in the last 12 years or so since I last used a scanner.

Chilliwack40

I live in Abbotsford, BC & mostly listen to the goings on in nearby Whatcom County(Sheriffs, Fire/EMS), US Border Patrol, Washington State Patrol & Bellingham PD. Throw in some Skagit County every once in a while.

Docster911

Vancouver, WA.... PRO97.. Listen to CRESA (Vancouver/Clark Co), BOEC (Portland) and WCCCA (Washington County, OR - Tigard, Beaverton, etc)...

ntnahed

sno/kings

Haven't logged on to this site in a while. Looks like some real experienced antennaheads in the neighborhood. I've been scanning, off and on, for about 12 years, from back in the day when cordless phones were 46 mhz and cellular was still analog... scanning was a bit more interesting back then.

I've got the BC250D with digital card, with ARC250 to run and program it. Also have a PRO-97 with Win97 to program. I mostly use the 250 when driving from Marysville to Seattle,
I can tune KING 5 TV news for traffic reports. Mostly listen to public safety from Skagit Co to Seattle, also rail, marine and air.

Questions for the local gurus -
Anybody getting any APCO 25 action in Sno/king areas?
Any news on Marysville PD going to snocomm, and will this change their TG #'s?
Anybody get any other TV audio besides KING 5 and the religious channel?
I'm thinking about the BCT15 and the butel software as my next reciever, anybody got one yet?

And finally, anybody interested in a local pow-wow? Lowboy and Midnight, we're real close.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
Hi all...I live in Seattle, work in the broadcast media and aside from scanners, I'm really into Motorola stuff.

I have several UHF and VHF Sabers, an Astro Saber (my primary radio),an MTS2000 with a convertacom and a GTX900 (for sale!) for 900 MHz, a syntor X9000in my Jeep, a Pro91 and Pro2055 for Seattle TRS and a Undien Sportcat for NASCAR and conventional stuff.

I listen to mostly (as I mentioned) the Seattle Fire/Police/EMS TGs on the Seattle TRS and some state patrol and air comms on the conventional side. If you're a ham I can be found on the 147.08 2 meter repeater, or 927.45, if anyone here is into 900MHz stuff. (I don't often have a UHF radio with me, but when I do, I'm on the 444.65 WA7HTJ repeater.)

Rob
N7LXI

brucewarming

pro-96

I know this isn,t the equipment for sale forum, But I,am visiting Seattle and am looking to sell my RS PRO-96 digital scanner. If you have been holding off for a good deal, this may be your day for it. See the equipment for sale forum, $250+ with some extras to boot. If your near Seattle we could meet for a hands on deal. Bruce Warming/ PM me for phone.

alexx1400

Live in Tacoma. Listen to the TPD and the Pierce County Sheriff. Use a BC246T and a Pro95

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I would not waste my time with APCO 25 in this area, "I have" can get some FED stuff all encrypted snocomm APCO 25 stuff is encrypted as well, I do receive digital stuff for mill stuff on 385.8900 but no voice, Marysville should be part of snocomm by the end of the year.....pow-wow sounds good.

ntnahed

Pow-Wow !

Hi, All,
How about this weekend (Sept 17 or 18) ? I'm thinking Smokey Point Buzz Inn in the afternoon, say 1500 hrs. That's if nobody from down south wants to join in. If so, maybe we can do Everett or Lynnwood. I'm sorry to have been so slow in my reply - internet issues...
But I'm back on line and will check in daily between now and Sat for RSVP's.
Hope to see you ALL soon.

Stavro35

Bainbridge island Washington here. Anything within range of my scanner's,I'lll give a listen to at any given time. My primary interest. The greater metro Seattle area. Including Kitsap county, and Bainbridge island Washington .....My radio's are

Pro95 Pro96 Pro97

Pro 2052 Pro2006

Icom IC R 75. (not yet up and running)

I'm In Woodinville, New to the Puget sound Area. Just getting My Radios up and running for this area. I scan with a Pro-97, A Uniden BC780XLT and a Uniden BC 9000XLT.Count me in for a meetup. if you have not already held one. I always have several questions pertaining to scanning of the area. So I may be contacting a few of you for info, or feel free to contact me to say Hi. Hey Steve! I know one guy here...

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I see this thread has been looked at over about 480 sometimes, it would be great if we had about a 1/16th of that in replies. So sound off.

iceshark

Hey everyone. Been gone for months. Finally back in the game. Been working all over the country and busy. Back working my home turf here in Marysville Wa. Lowboy, missed you and your help sir! Did you say we are loosing Marysville to encryption soon? Is my Pro-97 still worth a darn now? By the way, Do you have a good file of local freqs you could email me. I have the last one still programmed in mine but changed email and lost file.

I would love to do a meet and great! So whats the hot radio these days if my 97 is done?

Great to be back!

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Hi iceshark welcome back, and no Marysville has not went encrypted and as far as the pro-97 what do you want, the north end is up and running kind of off again on again far as the Sheriff goes.

iceshark

When I was using it last January and Feb the Sherrif was on and available. Did they go digital encryption in Snohomish COunty? I just want the North end stuff.

By the way, Have you ever tried scanning for Air? When I lived in San Jose Ca I could pick up the tower 50 miles away. Here I cant seem to get any air.

Status
Not open for further replies.