Police Helicopter In King County

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischris

Does anyone know the frequency for the police helicopter in King County? I assume there is only one, but in my area (South King County) there is often one flying over head. One time I called the police and asked what was up and the operator told me they were using it to search for parties. Anyone know?

tmfok7

re:police Helicopter in King County

It is actually the King County Sheriff's Office helicopter. Try listening to the Seattle/King Co TRS. They can come up on any talkgroup within the system and more! I just listened to them assisting Kirkland PD looking for a vehicle they lost in a pursuit! They are usually up flying between 8P and 4A (and that is by their discription). I also know they have gone down to Pierce County and assisted them.

Just listen for "Guardian 1" and I think they have a "Guardian 2" but I have never heard that call sign used on the radio. If you do have a 800 mhz scanner and can monitor that system, make sure you have the PSAP, LERN and MARS talkgroups programmed in as that is usually where they seem to come up first. If not, try VHF freqs of 155.370 and 155.190. These are the VHF frequencies for LERN and MARS respectfully.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
To quote:

"Guardian 1 and 3 both have FLIR and Nightsun systems to be used on regular patrol. Guardian 2 is used for SAR and Special Operations while Guardian 4 (Blue Jet Ranger) is used for training and Special Operations (Undercover flights)."

http://www.northwestradio.com/bbs/v...s=0&postorder=asc&highlight=guardian&start=30

Also, as I mentioned in that thread, they used to use 153.755 as an air-to-air chat channel when there was more than one up.

AuntBee09

this may have been already said (if so, sorry for repeating it) but agencies in king county often call out for guardian 1 and/or guardian 2 to assist them on LERN and MARS. usually, when they have nothing to do, they are on one of the KCS talkgroups. they also sometimes scan the king county talk groups for some call to assist on. they're are almost alway up on fridays and saturdays.

AuntBee09

i think King County Sheriff SE Disp. is the default channel guardian one and two

im800mhz

They are normally hailed on MARS and switch to the jurisdiction requesting aid. They like to train in the SE portion of the county away from SeaTac and other flight lines, and therefore GRD1 can be heard on SE from time to time. You will hear the KCSO SE dispatcher hailing them sometimes also on MARS because that dispatcher is responsible for monitoring MARS as well as Precinct 3.

Livewire3286

Interesting article, thanks kc0yef. I enjoy reading about this back home - In Vegas we have 4 Helos, that operate 24/7 - well at least one per shift anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.