RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 8:27 AM
Silent Key

I'm gonna get my son's 396 and see if I get stuff just to eliminate if it's me lol
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thumbs up Chas TG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab8sn View Post
Jess you just answered one of my questions as well. I was also going to ask you about Chas & S Chas. I see that S Chas has went back to VHF (I noticed a couple wks ago). I also was going to ask you about Chas. So far is the only active police TG the traffic division? (I guess 159.150 is still the primary freq) I see there are a lot of other TGs listed but I don't hear anything from them.

73s

Chad
Chad, I here actively, CHAS FIRE 1, CHAS FIRE 2, CHAS FIRE 3 TALK, CHAS EMS 1, CHAS EMS 2, CHAS PD 3 TAC, CHAS PD 6 EVENT, CHAS PD TRAFFIC and occasionally CHAS PD 1. So far, but hear some other TG's also that I haven't figured out yet. Now So.Chas Fire is full time and the PD is working the kinks out of 6118. TG 6115 is there # 2, they talk on it as a BS Channel, they call it private but it is not encrypted. In the near future So.Chas and Dunbar PD are supposed to use TG 6118 together like St.Albans and Nitro PD on TG 6122 do.

Last edited by Bubba1661; 07-29-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
Chad so you've had silence too?
Bert I just noticed that the last time I was in Chas the S Chas PD was on the SIRN but now I see they're back on VHF (unless they're having radio issues or something). Other than the Special OPS 2 TG I haven't heard any SIRN traffic from the Kan Co Sheriff's Dept and other than Chas PD Traffic Division I haven't heard anything from the Chas PD. Guess those agencies haven't switched over yet.

Do you get a lot of traffic from the Malden Site?

73s

Chad
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1661 View Post
Chad, I here actively, CHAS FIRE 1, CHAS FIRE 2, CHAS FIRE 3 TALK, CHAS EMS 1, CHAS EMS 2, CHAS PD 3 TAC, CHAS PD 6 EVENT, CHAS PD TRAFFIC and occasionally CHAS PD 1. So far, but hear some other TG's also that I haven't figured out yet.
Thanks Jess

Yes no doubt the Chas Site is very active with traffic. I still haven't heard anything lately about the status of Cottle. How about Chas PD Dispatch or the Kan Co Sheriff?

73s

Chad
Old 07-29-2012, 11:57 AM
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Chas PD Dispatch or the Kan Co Sheriff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab8sn View Post
Thanks Jess

Yes no doubt the Chas Site is very active with traffic. I still haven't heard anything lately about the status of Cottle. How about Chas PD Dispatch or the Kan Co Sheriff?

73s

Chad
Chad, I'm waiting for the day Chas PD goes over to SIRN, One of these days. I hear them every once in a while on there. Kanawha Co. uses TG 6120 when the units are out where the VHF doesn't get out. Ops 1 and 2 are active and 6121 KanCoMuniPD : Park Police / WV State University Police / Eastern Kanawha County Municipal Police Dept's are very active.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1661 View Post
Chad, I'm waiting for the day Chas PD goes over to SIRN, One of these days. I hear them every once in a while on there. Kanawha Co. uses TG 6120 when the units are out where the VHF doesn't get out. Ops 1 and 2 are active and 6121 KanCoMuniPD : Park Police / WV State University Police / Eastern Kanawha County Municipal Police Dept's are very active.
I know what you mean about waiting for the switchover! Like me waiting for the Cottle Site to come online. I've heard the Ops TGs a few times and the Municipal PDs quite a bit but haven't heard much of anything else. Guess we'll just have to wait a little while longer lol

73s

Chad
Old 07-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Silent Key

Charleston PD traffic has been active,I've heard 6120,6121 many times,I've gotten the Municipal talkgroups at times,EMS and Fire Talkgroups and have gotten 6118(nitro?). I got 9011 earlier(probably off of Pax). Just waiting for my son's rechargeable batteries to recharge(can't find his wallwart right now) so I can make sure I can hit the Malden tower and get talkgroups.

It feels weird not getting any Charleston SIRN right now,so I guess Malden might be having troubles,or there's too much foliage between me and that tower now lol

Last edited by OldDeadOne; 07-29-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 4:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Kan Co TGs

Quote:
Charleston PD traffic has been active,I've heard 6120,6121 many times,I've gotten the Municipal talkgroups at times,EMS and Fire Talkgroups and have gotten 6118(nitro?). I got 9011 earlier(probably off of Pax). Just waiting for my son's rechargeable batteries to recharge(can't find his wallwart right now) so I can make sure I can hit the Malden tower and get talkgroups.

It feels weird not getting any Charleston SIRN right now,so I guess Malden might be having troubles,or there's too much foliage between me and that tower now lol
I appreciate it Bert. I've caught all the daily active ones except for the 6120. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and catch something. I wish I could just get one of the sites from here so I could monitor the state traffic. That could be a possibility with the leaves out right now. Really cuts the signal back. Like I was telling Jess earlier maybe Chas PD will switch over in the near future.

73s

Chad
Old 08-02-2012, 8:40 PM
Silent Key

I noticed that 5201 Fayette County fire is listed in the database,wonder who submitted that in the first place(did that person hear traffic with it?).I don't think I've ever heard any TG's associated with Fayette County although I would love for them to break on to the other side SIRN style... Nicolas County has been doing a bang up job being on and I dunno if Raliegh County has been on the SIRN..
Old 08-02-2012, 10:43 PM

I have a question for you all, I have a Pro-106 in my hand with no pc cable. I just need to program the 2 mason co sites in. How do i do it... The scanner has all the normal freq and Ohio MARCS system just fine, I just cant get SIRN to work on it
Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Silent Key

Wow Matt,I've never had to enter that stuff in,I've always used Win500 and a data cable for my programming needs for my Pro 106(but I learned how to add a couple of control channel frequencies). There is a easy manual for the Pro 106 can't think of the link right now that should help you with doing a SIRN channel for your Pro 106

Edit: http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml
Old 08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgregg110 View Post
I have a question for you all, I have a Pro-106 in my hand with no pc cable. I just need to program the 2 mason co sites in. How do i do it... The scanner has all the normal freq and Ohio MARCS system just fine, I just cant get SIRN to work on it
Type: P25 AUTO (this is key. Make sure you set the TSYS up as P25 AUTO)

NOTE: Two ways to set this up. Either set up 1 TSYS with the primary/alt control channels of both Mason sites and set Multi-Site: STAT in the TSYS. OR, set up two separate TSYS objects, each with the primary/alt control channel of the respective Mason site and leave Multi-Site: OFF

If it were me and I wasn't monitoring any WVSIRN except for the two Mason sites, and if I thought I'd never be inclined to lock out one site, I'd set up one TSYS object, Type P25 AUTO, Multi-Site: STAT, and I'd add the four control channels of the two Mason sites and then would add a group wildcard and a private wildcard.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 08-03-2012, 5:18 AM

I had moto vhf/uhf and not P25 Auto, I changed that and boom I could hear SIRN just fine.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2012, 5:55 AM
Silent Key

Awesome,Matt! Glad you got it working!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Tg 5201

Quote:
I noticed that 5201 Fayette County fire is listed in the database,wonder who submitted that in the first place(did that person hear traffic with it?).I don't think I've ever heard any TG's associated with Fayette County although I would love for them to break on to the other side SIRN style... Nicolas County has been doing a bang up job being on and I dunno if Raliegh County has been on the SIRN..
Bert I have TG 5201 programmed in and I've only seen it come up twice with no voice. I've heard one TG so far that is associated with Fayette Co. TG 5929 (think that might be their 911/OES TG) I haven't heard anything out of Raleigh Co.

I appreciate the comments on Nicholas. I passed your last comments onto them and they were greatly appreciative. We're starting to use the SIRN quite a bit as far as OES Comms go and even have other TGs for Law, Fire & Statewide 911 if/when needed however I don't see us going 100% SIRN for many more years due to "dead spots" within the county & very limited portable coverage at this time.

73s

Chad
Old 08-03-2012, 2:39 PM
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
If I remeber right when they first got their radio's and set in a box for a while, they did get them out and did some field testing with them. Outside of that I only caught 1 traffic during the June 29th blackout.
Old 08-03-2012, 4:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Been well over a year since I've been down to our camp. Finally heading out this weekend until the winter. Wondering if Morgan County is completely operating on the WV Interop or are certain things still VHF/UHF?
Hard Truth: Live Streams Are A Threat To Scanning

Last edited by RadioDitch; 08-03-2012 at 4:38 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 4:31 PM
Silent Key

I've got 5201 in and I think 5929 too,I've never seen them lit up,I wish they start talking lol. Jeff you are talking about Raliegh county(what Talkgroup?)?
Old 08-03-2012, 5:18 PM
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Raleigh County is 5101 for fire. Beaver fire has some of the radio's and like to play on them. Them as well only done field testing and from time to time bump the mic.
Old 08-03-2012, 5:34 PM
Silent Key

I think I'll put 5101 in and maybe see if I can get a hit from time to time,thanks,Jeff!
Closed Thread