RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum


West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #2821 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 4:29 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

That one might be too far away for me to reach,lol
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Sponsored links
  #2822 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 6:00 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 509
Default SIRN White Sulphur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
That one might be too far away for me to reach,lol
Me too Bert, I'm still waiting on Cottle (that will be my only hope of hearing any SIRN activity currently)

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, Whistler WS1040, Whistler WS1065 GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7 X2, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2823 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 6:05 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

Chad I hope it wakes up soon for you so you can get some more SIRN lovin'
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2824 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2012, 9:01 AM
wvscanner's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 641
Default

Based on it being the same power as Alderson, I know it is to far for me to get it at home. I'm willing to say if I ever can find the time to drive over to Grandview it should have enough strength to pickup from there.
__________________
BC396T | BC396XT | PRO-197 | AOR8200 (tap)
  #2825 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2012, 6:59 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

caught a new talkgroup,6575....I think they was doing a radio check...
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Sponsored links
  #2826 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
caught a new talkgroup,6575....I think they was doing a radio check...
I'll have to check into that one Bert sounds like a new one from Nicholas

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, Whistler WS1040, Whistler WS1065 GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7 X2, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2827 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

I got these still I don't have a clue what they are,I've had for awhile with the exception of the 6575 new one:

3939,5931,6527,6929,9594,9595,9592,9851,9855 and 9996

Been doing updates on the ones I had as wildcards and checking the database and correcting the ones that have names for the numbers :P

Two more: 4997 and 6997 dunno about
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....

Last edited by OldDeadOne; 09-14-2012 at 11:45 AM..
  #2828 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

Just caught a new one 5247,this was a radio check and I think fayette county(not sure)
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2829 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 2:50 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 509
Default

Wow Bert you've found quite a few The only one I'm halfway sure about is the 6929 one. I'm 80% sure it's Braxton Co 911/OES but I've been waiting for more activity just to confirm it. I only activity on it every once in a while.

73s

Chad
__________________
Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, Whistler WS1040, Whistler WS1065 GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7 X2, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2830 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 5:26 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Talking Fun when you catch stuff lol

Chad the only reason I've caught those and the ones today are because I'm home one reason or another(I have a swollen left foot from stepping on it sideways and won't be back at work til Monday)
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2831 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 6:06 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Camden On Gauley WV
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
Chad the only reason I've caught those and the ones today are because I'm home one reason or another(I have a swollen left foot from stepping on it sideways and won't be back at work til Monday)
Oh I hate to hear that Bert. You take care of yourself and hope you get to feeling better.

73s & happy listening

Chad
__________________
Pro 197, GRE PSR-500 X2, GRE PSR-600, Whistler WS1040, Whistler WS1065 GRE PSR-300, Uniden BCT7 X2, Uniden BC60XLT. Many Icom and Kenwood amateur radios. 73s and God Bless
  #2832 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 9:10 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

I've been wondering this for a long time,can anyone explain to me how counties get their talkgroup numbers(like Kanawha county 61xx,fayette county 52xx,Nicholas county 65xx),how do you know what is assigned what by county??
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2833 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM
wvscanner's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
I've been wondering this for a long time,can anyone explain to me how counties get their talkgroup numbers(like Kanawha county 61xx,fayette county 52xx,Nicholas county 65xx),how do you know what is assigned what by county??
Most of them was NNxx for every county in order. For some reason our region with Raleigh and Fayette got mixed up.
__________________
BC396T | BC396XT | PRO-197 | AOR8200 (tap)
  #2834 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 AM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

Is there a list?
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
  #2835 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Bubba1661's Avatar
WV DB Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charleston W.V.
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDeadOne View Post
Is there a list?

I've been working on getting this information for a while, getting closer.
__________________
Bubba1661
West Virginia Scanner's Group
  #2836 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2012, 3:08 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,182
Default Periodic Reminder to Check for Online Sites

This is a request that I make periodically for those of you within the areas below to check and see if one of these licensed sites has come online yet.

If you live in/near one of these areas, please check the frequencies occasionally to determine if/when a new site comes online.

There is a new [pending] FCC application for White Sulfur Springs (Greenbrier) -- 9227 below.

91xx sites are Zone 1 sites, and if online, their Zone/RFSS will be 1 and their Site ID will be the last two digits.

92xx sites are Zone 2 sites, and if online their Zone/RFSS will be 2 and their Site ID will be the last two digits.

99xx sites are sites for which I am unsure what zone they will be in once they are online. They Zone/RFSS will either be 1 or 2 and the Site ID will be the last two digits.

EX: If Pennsboro were online, it's RFSS/Zone would be 1 and it's Site ID would be 015. [1-015]

Code:
9115  Pennsboro (RITCHIE)        460.5000

9117  Blueville (TAYLOR)         460.5000

9118  Mannington (MARION)        453.5500 453.7750

9120  Franklin (PENDELTON)       453.4875 453.6375 460.0875 460.3625 460.3125

9132  Terra Alta (PRESTON)       453.3500 453.3875 460.2750 460.7000 463.4125
                                 463.8125

9207  Kenna (JACKSON)            453.325

9218  Ferrellsburg (LINCOLN)     460.3875

9220  Williamson (MINGO)         453.3750 453.5625 453.8500 460.4750 

9227  White Sulfur (GREENBRIER)  453.3625 453.4875 453.7000 460.0875 460.1875

9231  Beckley (RALEIGH)          453.525  460.6375

9234  Craigsville (NICHOLAS)     453.3875 453.725  453.3125 460.425  460.1625 460.3625

9235  Panther (MCDOWELL)         460.2125 453.2875

9305  Weirton (BROOKE)           460.1625

9901  Spencer (ROANE)            453.2625 453.4000 453.9000 460.1875

9902  Glenville (GILMER)         453.2875 460.4750 460.1500 460.3375

9903  Diana (WEBSTER)            453.7375 453.9000 460.1500 460.2500 460.3500
                                 460.4625

9904  Kanawha Head (UPSHUR)      453.3750 453.4375 453.8500 460.1875
__________________
Mike / AA8IA
PSR800/PRO197/BCD436HP/BCD536HP

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
  #2837 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2012, 5:49 PM
hmoutdoors's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madison WV
Posts: 314
Default

I have Ferrellsburg programed in Nothing going on yet
  #2838 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2012, 6:56 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoutdoors View Post
I have Ferrellsburg programed in Nothing going on yet
I must confess that the list I provided above is a bit deceiving. Those frequencies are only the ones that happen to be associated with licenses. For Ferrellsburg, for instance, we know that if a site came online it would have more than one freq. After all, the CC has to occupy one channel and there has to be one or more freqs for voice traffic.

So, I would suggest to anybody who is in one of the areas on that list where only one or two frequencies are shown, that they consider scanning from 450-465 Mhz and noting any WVSIRN site control channels. It may very well be that one of those sites is online but has a CC frequency that isn't on a license at the current time. Granted, it is uncharacteristic of WVSIRN to fire up sites without a license [except in an emergency], but ya never know.

WVSIRN site control channels will be between 450 - 465 Mhz (mostly 453-454 mhz and 460-461 mhz) with a smattering between 454-455 Mhz (mostly sites set up in an emergency). People should search those ranges and (a) note any P25 control channels with a System ID of 170 (which would be WVSIRN) and (b) note what RFSS/Zone (1 or 2) and (c) note what Site ID (usually 0xx).

Mike
__________________
Mike / AA8IA
PSR800/PRO197/BCD436HP/BCD536HP

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
  #2839 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2012, 7:47 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Eastern Panhandle West Virginia
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
This is a request that I make periodically for those of you within the areas below to check and see if one of these licensed sites has come online yet.

If you live in/near one of these areas, please check the frequencies occasionally to determine if/when a new site comes online.

There is a new [pending] FCC application for White Sulfur Springs (Greenbrier) -- 9227 below.

91xx sites are Zone 1 sites, and if online, their Zone/RFSS will be 1 and their Site ID will be the last two digits.

92xx sites are Zone 2 sites, and if online their Zone/RFSS will be 2 and their Site ID will be the last two digits.

99xx sites are sites for which I am unsure what zone they will be in once they are online. They Zone/RFSS will either be 1 or 2 and the Site ID will be the last two digits.

EX: If Pennsboro were online, it's RFSS/Zone would be 1 and it's Site ID would be 015. [1-015]

Code:
9115  Pennsboro (RITCHIE)        460.5000

9117  Blueville (TAYLOR)         460.5000

9118  Mannington (MARION)        453.5500 453.7750

9120  Franklin (PENDELTON)       453.4875 453.6375 460.0875 460.3625 460.3125

9132  Terra Alta (PRESTON)       453.3500 453.3875 460.2750 460.7000 463.4125
                                 463.8125

9207  Kenna (JACKSON)            453.325

9218  Ferrellsburg (LINCOLN)     460.3875

9220  Williamson (MINGO)         453.3750 453.5625 453.8500 460.4750 

9227  White Sulfur (GREENBRIER)  453.3625 453.4875 453.7000 460.0875 460.1875

9231  Beckley (RALEIGH)          453.525  460.6375

9234  Craigsville (NICHOLAS)     453.3875 453.725  453.3125 460.425  460.1625 460.3625

9235  Panther (MCDOWELL)         460.2125 453.2875

9305  Weirton (BROOKE)           460.1625

9901  Spencer (ROANE)            453.2625 453.4000 453.9000 460.1875

9902  Glenville (GILMER)         453.2875 460.4750 460.1500 460.3375

9903  Diana (WEBSTER)            453.7375 453.9000 460.1500 460.2500 460.3500
                                 460.4625

9904  Kanawha Head (UPSHUR)      453.3750 453.4375 453.8500 460.1875
Nothing for Franklin yet.
  #2840 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2012, 7:57 PM
OldDeadOne's Avatar
Silent Key
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fayetteville,WV
Posts: 1,403
Default

Mike I might do that and note all that I find(never know a surprise might pop up)
__________________
Pro 106,Pro 2096,Uniden 396XT(sons)
Deafness sucks! Glad I can still hear!
Active scanner for new stuff SIRN
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions