RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of West Virginia.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 4:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s104
I just heard about 15mins ago that there was going to be maintenance on the Berkeley Co. system and to only use the radio for emergency traffic. I only got bits and pieces of the transmission since it was using 453.7500MHz which has been having issues of dropping out. I hope they are working on this. I have noticed since they announced the maintenance, that freq has not been used.
I didn't hear them announce that testing was complete, but 453.7500MHz is being used again and sounds good now. they must have fixed it.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2008, 10:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Berkeley Co. Sheriff's Deputy 126, RID 110826, as trying to talk to EMS on TAC1, but every time he transmitted he was encrypted. he thought something was wrong so he asked (apparently) Central is they could hear him. Central replied that they could hear him loud and clear. I guess he doesn't know how to turn off the encryption. Central seems to be able to decode the encryption but are set to in-the-clear. EMS never replied to him.

Last edited by mike_s104; 02-23-2008 at 10:56 PM..
Old 02-25-2008, 9:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Wandering too far

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3obl
monitoring on mon county site with pro-96com. noticed some radios come up affilate denied on some ems talkgroups. any ideas. programmed radios wrong?

Frank N3OBL
FF/EMT
My understanding of the system is that they will not allow one to affiliate more than one county away from where the talkgroup is based.

Thus, for example, if a Harrison County EMS unit were to come to Morgantown, they would be denied affiliation with the Harrison County talk group on the Mon County sites (since Marion County is in the way).

The idea is that the system is fairly limited as far as channels, and since any allowed affiliation will make all traffic for a far-away talk group come over a local site, and this would overload the system. There do appear to be some talkgroups with special abilities (like the MED channels).
Old 02-25-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerntz
Thus, for example, if a Harrison County EMS unit were to come to Morgantown, they would be denied affiliation with the Harrison County talk group on the Mon County sites (since Marion County is in the way).
Interesting... However, we have a Mon county unit that affiliates reguarly with one of the Kanawha sites (usually Malden) on TG 307 (Mon Sheriff) - plus the other day he was on 311 (WVU).... Would Law enforcement have a different criteria for out of area access???

Granted, its interesting to listen to, but, for example, with the Garfield site only having three effective channels, and metro coming more and more on line, these wayward affiliations are going to plug the system up eventually...

(The 307 afilliation down here lasts for days... its not just in and out)

Any ideas or clarification???
I'll be a hillbilly dead.
Old 03-04-2008, 2:49 PM

I see that South Charleston Fire (154.370, 141.3) is now simulcasting on TG 6130...
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I understand, Bee Mt tower is under construction. I was told the Workman tower in Boone Co. (site 115) is a hot tower for coverage in the Southern part of the state.
Old 03-05-2008, 6:26 PM

Yep - up the holler here (north of Charleston), the signal strength from Madison is almost as strong as Malden...
Old 03-08-2008, 9:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Anybody ever heard anything on the 097xx talkgroups that might indicate to whom they are assigned? I've logged activity on 01, 03, 07, 09, 13, 15 & 17, but never got any audio.

Also... same thing for the 099xx T/Gs up thru 09946. I've logged hits on 09908, 10, 12, 14, 20, 23, 24, 26, 42, 44 & 46.

...R
Old 03-09-2008, 1:06 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I could see law enforcement having different access for bringing talkgroups across the system.

where as ems can not access past 1-2 counties. probably at that point ems/fire would go to some regional talkgroup.

Frank N3OBL
FF/EMT
Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Saw a RID from county 53 affiliate with region 6 regional T/G today. Anyone else ever see this county? Logan, perhaps?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Berkeley Co System--

Heard Martinsburg PD6 and a DNR unit "playing" with their new radios. PD6 was keying up all his channels. the DNR unit was playing on BCSO's TG and asked "is this the Sheriff's office?"

Also logged TG 101. Heard someone say he was en route.

EDIT: Just looked...101 is Harrison Co. wonder why its patched to the Berkeley Co site?
EDIT2: Also hearing TG 105 as well.

Last edited by mike_s104; 03-15-2008 at 8:34 PM..
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thought I'd breathe a little life into the poor ole' thread...

Charleston just unboxed at least 90 (as in 10 short of 100) new IRP radios for the fire department (I've seen 90 different radios key their mics, but there might be more, of course), so I'd expect to see them all mounted soon and operational.

Not to be left out, Charleston PD has at least 15 radios that have keyed up, so they prolly won't be far behind.

...R
Old 03-31-2008, 7:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Ohio County update

Ohio County is moving along

http://www.theintelligencer.net/page...6.html?nav=515
Old 04-07-2008, 9:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Jefferson County WV

Does anyone know why the WVIRP System for the frequencies assigned to Jefferson County don't work? I thought a while back I had read postings that they were working. I recently moved to Loudoun County, VA near the WV/Jefferson County line. I can sometimes receive WVIRP out of Berkeley County but since I moved here in late Januaury 2008 I have never received anything on the Jefferson County assigned frequencies. Just looking for some local information, thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonzo
Does anyone know why the WVIRP System for the frequencies assigned to Jefferson County don't work? I thought a while back I had read postings that they were working. I recently moved to Loudoun County, VA near the WV/Jefferson County line. I can sometimes receive WVIRP out of Berkeley County but since I moved here in late Januaury 2008 I have never received anything on the Jefferson County assigned frequencies. Just looking for some local information, thanks in advance.
The Jefferson County site has been offline since 1/15/2008. Check the postings for that date in this thread for more info.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM82557
The Jefferson County site has been offline since 1/15/2008. Check the postings for that date in this thread for more info.
WVSP Troop2 Dispatch in Charles Town as well as Charles Town PD use the Berkeley Co. site.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Mike, thanks for that information. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I guess just haven't been keeping up with the BC DB. I keep checking the Jefferson System regularly, just in case a decode rate comes back up.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSERABBIT
Mike, thanks for that information. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I guess just haven't been keeping up with the BC DB. I keep checking the Jefferson System regularly, just in case a decode rate comes back up.

NP. BM82557 is correct...the Jefferson Co. site has been off for a while. I have it in my scanners so when it is back online. For now, I have 2 other systems just for Jefferson Co... one with all the CCs for the state, set to scan and all state related TGs; the other is just the Berkeley Co. CC set to scan and with only the Charles Town TGs.
Old 04-11-2008, 7:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG 8021 - Berkeley Co.

On TG 8021, which is labeled Detectives, I have only heard encrypted traffic (so who labeled it that and how did they know what it was?). Tonight, I actually heard someone say "Loud and clear Martinsburg."
Old 04-17-2008, 9:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Jefferson County site is back online tonight
Closed Thread