WV Interoperability System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
[Mod: Maybe this topic {questions and discussions about this new system generally} should be sticky?]

With the post of some active talkgroups on this system, perhaps someone could shed some light on the relationship between talkgroup numbers and the typical Moto status bits. Usually, the low-order 4 bits signify transmission status, and the upper-order bits the talkgroup number (why you have to divide the decimal # by 16 to get the talkgroup).

The talkgroups added to the system info page:

101 006 D Cross Patched with VHF-Low Band
103 006 D Fire ?
105 006 D Police - Car-to-Car
107 006 D Sheriff - Dispatch
111 006 D Police

only differ by their status bits. E.g.,

101 = x0065
103 = x0067
105 = x0069
107 = x006B
111 = x006F

If I didn't know better, I'd normally decode this as:

101 = x006 + emergency multi-select
103 = x006 + dispatcher-initiated multi-select
105 = x006 + encrypted + fleet-wide
107 = x006 + encrypted + crosspatch between talkgroups
111 = x006 + encrypted + dispatcher-initiated multi-select

But these obviously don't correspond to what our listener heard. Anyone wanna enlighten me? Thanks!

...R

FPO703

On a True P-25 system (such as this one), there are no status bits. The talkgroups go from 1 to 65534 (I believe)

brucewarming

I'am watching this system also, For Berkeley Co.(North MTN site). I seen the new talk groups added, yesterday, I believe it was talk groups for Harrison Co.? They only had listed DEC 105 for system workers before.
I wonder how they will list them for all different sites (counties)? They also listed two different custom tables. Has anyone heard any transmitions yet? I keep the four(so far) freq's for N. MNT site going on the PRO 96. Thanks

To Mod--- yes you may be right for this to be a sticky.

rbenn

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone monitoring this system with a Pro 96? I'm not sure how to program this into the 96. Do I just set the bank to 'MOT' and the 'RxMode' for the control channel to 'MOT'?

Also, the database lists a 'Table 1' & 'Table 2' in the Custom Frequency section. Which of these would I use to monitor the North Mountain site?

brucewarming

Pro 96

yes, I think? I have in channel 500 the control channel (active now)
460.16250 ch 500
460.23750 ch 501
460.36250 ch 502
460.63750 ch 503
And the banks set to motorola and custom tables the step 12.5 -offset579-base 460.0125 set to table 2. I have yet to get any transmissions? My reason for using table (2) is that its base freq. is 460.01250, Like the rest of the channels in the 460 range. I'am not versed on this so anything you figure out will help me.
I too wondered if (using 96 software) that I should try splinter tables and add the table (1) also to do it that way??? Then on top of this I wonder if the(N. Mt.) site is complete of if they will be adding freq's in the 453.Range. Sorry for more questions than answers! When I manually stop on the control channel, I get on the bottom right of the scanner screen, 92-99 percent signal.
Edit here---I read in manual that splinter systems are 800.

Last edited:

brucewarming

yep! me too! I assumed table 2 was it, because the 460. but the lowest freq. which happens to be the C.C. 460.16250. Now is that the base freq.? and where do we go from there? Will do some figures?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
A couple of weeks ago, there was a great band opening in the Ohio Valley region and I was able to copy this system just fine up here in Michigan for several hours. I programmed the tables into the scanner and was able to copy system loud and clear on my Uniden 796D. I was able to decode the Clarksburg, Fairmount, Idamay, and North Mountain towers, using the tables provided. However, this system may require a more concise mapping than first thought, as it might have multiple tables currently now in use or in the future.

73's

Ron

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
UHF Settings

These UHF settings are listed in RRDatabase for this system
Table 1:
Base: 453.0125
Spacing: 12.5
Offset: 380

Table 2:
Base: 460.0125
Spacing: 12.5
Offset: 579

If correct, they need to be programmed in Win96 Multi Tables (not custom tables) as follows:
Code:
CH Lo  CH HI  Base Freq		Offset  Step
380    578    453.0125		380     12.5
579    759    460.0125		579     12.5

brucewarming

OK. I just went ahead and imported the full system with win96 and set multi-tables 1&2 as stated, set receive mode to MOT. Scanners set to open mode. See how that goes? All quiet now.
I had tried to just put 4 North Mountain sites freq's in and just the one table Nothing but the C.C. that way. Thanks for the help.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I just now imported the system and now scratching my head as to why the two Table settings didn't import also. The reason must be because they are not in the correct location in the database for Win96 to find. This is the reason I used "If correct, they need to be programmed in Win96 Multi Tables (not custom tables) as follows" in my previous.

Last edited:

brucewarming

I noticed the (if correct) had me wondering? So I also put it into the multi-tables. I'am located in North West Virginia (N. Mountain) site is closest and I don't know if its in use as of yet. So not receiving anything, so I have no idea if it's correct or less than complete.
If a guy didn't have Win96, I think it would impossable to program this multi-table system into the scanner.

brucewarming

A control freq. will not open the squelch, but if you go to manual you will hear it. The control channel for Berkeley county (N. Mtn) is 460.1625 when stopped on it you hear a rapid signal noise. I haven't heard any voice audio at all! But like I posted before, there may be no usage yet.

brucewarming

Sticky?>Question

How do we make it a sticky? Anybody in southern W.V. monitoring this system and is it active where you are at? It's a Jigsaw puzzle with out a picture box to look at to get an idea. Then like I said before "don't know if it's active at all?" I have both tables and complete system as imported from R.R. Thanks

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I do know that the State of WV has applied for some Homeland Security grants to help move this system along, by funding the implementation of more sites. Likewise, some counties plan on doing the same thing in the near future. I would be on the lookout for more tower sites to be coming in the next several months.

73's

Ron

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
brucewarming said:
How do we make it a sticky? Anybody in southern W.V. monitoring this system and is it active where you are at? It's a Jigsaw puzzle with out a picture box to look at to get an idea. Then like I said before "don't know if it's active at all?" I have both tables and complete system as imported from R.R. Thanks
I'm going to run the I-64 route today and return in about two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.